Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast
Results 1221 to 1240 of 1380
  1. #1221
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Telamond View Post
    Would you suspect that the difference would be marginal or have noticable impact on the damage?
    Using my current low skill nuke set on Ebony Puddings (91 INT):

    Mithra SCH/RDM
    8/8 Elemental Magic merits
    Cream Puff
    Thunderstorm
    Ebullience
    Neutral Day
    Jupiter's Staff
    Bugard Strap +1
    Phantom Tathlum
    Elemental Torque
    Moldavite Earring
    Phantom Earring
    Ixion Cloak
    Errant Cuffs
    Snow Ring
    Omega Ring
    Rainbow Cape
    Rairin Obi (Argute Belt for Ionohelix)
    Mahatma Slops
    Rostrum Pumps

    INT: 70+51 (56) = 121 (126)
    MAB: 1.25

    Thunder IV: 1424
    Thunder III: 921
    Ionohelix: 189

    Substitute Ixion Cloak for Scholar's Mortarboard +1 and Royal Redingote:

    INT: 70+48 (53) = 118 (121)
    MAB: 1.29

    Thunder IV: 1454
    Thunder III: 938
    Ionohelix: 187

    Scholar's Mortarboard +1 and Errant Hpl.

    Thunder IV: 1431
    Thunder III: 930
    Ionohelix: 194

    Same setups using a mob with no magic damage adjustment and 91 INT.

    Ixion Cloak:

    Thunder IV: 1140
    Thunder III: 738
    Ionohelix: 152

    Scholar's Mortarboard +1 and Royal Redingote

    Thunder IV: 1164
    Thunder III: 753
    Ionohelix: 140

    Scholar's Mortarboard +1 and Errant Hpl.

    Thunder IV: 1146
    Thunder III: 744
    Ionohelix: 156

    All examples are calculations based on the formulas I've entered in Excel. I'd say the Redingote is more than a marginal increase in situations that would would otherwise use Ixion Cloak. On an incidental note, remind me to change my helix set to use Errant instead of Ixion.

  2. #1222
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I'v noticed a bigger diffrence in casting time with AF2 Head +Af+1 Feet, it seems to be like the same bonus RDM gets with Af2 body+ AF1 Head, and certainly a better option then rostrum, does anyone know the exact casting speed boost from the 2? seems to be 20% casting time reduction and 10% recast time, this could be a better option To standerd nuking. and with accession any recast reduction Helps a ton.

  3. #1223
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Orochi Lede View Post
    I'v noticed a bigger diffrence in casting time with AF2 Head +Af+1 Feet, it seems to be like the same bonus RDM gets with Af2 body+ AF1 Head, and certainly a better option then rostrum, does anyone know the exact casting speed boost from the 2? seems to be 20% casting time reduction and 10% recast time, this could be a better option To standerd nuking. and with accession any recast reduction Helps a ton.
    Each piece is 10% Fast Cast (10% cast time, 5% recast), so you are correct.

  4. #1224
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    lol i looked that part up, i did mean altogether with all fast cast gear possible (including earring) BUT i found it odd SE gave the +1 Feet 3 INT as oppesed to nothing being on the NQ seems they knew those feet would be a good option for nuking together with the Hat.

  5. #1225
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I wouldn't use AF1+1 feet at the same time as AF2 head for nuking, mostly because AF2 head is more suited for a high resist setup. Ideally AF1+1 head and Yigit Crackows for your low resist set and AF2(+1) head and Goliard Clogs for your high resist set. For any buffs and cures I'd definitely use the AF2(+1) head and AF1(+1) feet combo. I'd use it for Drain and Aspir as well.

  6. #1226
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Due to salvage Yigit anything is impossible for me,and i either can't get nyzul or lose every lot to Goliard feet..that's my best option right now..

  7. #1227
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Yeah, I'm Yigitless myself as well due to Nyzul spam. I guess if neither of the other two options are accessible for you then AF1+1 feet are acceptable.

  8. #1228
    EternalBlowJob
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    822
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    It pisses me off that people in my shell think Scholar can't nuke or soemthing. Sch is awesome they obviosuly don't know shit about it :/

  9. #1229
    Human Being
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,169
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSnow View Post
    It pisses me off that people in my shell think Scholar can't nuke or soemthing. Sch is awesome they obviosuly don't know shit about it :/
    Is it that, or does your shell already have enough BLMs?

  10. #1230
    EternalBlowJob
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    822
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    No I have a blm job. But I really perfer to go sch over blm. To be able to nuke things constantly and see really no resist is jsut amazing to me and I love the job so much.

  11. #1231
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    294
    BG Level
    4

    Quote Originally Posted by Acturus View Post
    Is it that, or does your shell already have enough BLMs?
    Seems every BLM in my LS is leveling SCH after seeing what it can do, having an absoulte blast with the job, and the couple of times I have partied with another BLM my SCH puts them to shame, (Only 37 so far, but as awesome as this is I am taking it all the way).

    Utilty-Belt Mage indeed.

  12. #1232
    Human Being
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,169
    BG Level
    7

    I was just making the point that linkshell is not always anti-Dark Arts, but may just not have need for SCH when a BLM will do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightfell View Post
    Seems every BLM in my LS is leveling SCH after seeing what it can do, having an absoulte blast with the job, and the couple of times I have partied with another BLM my SCH puts them to shame, (Only 37 so far, but as awesome as this is I am taking it all the way).

    Utilty-Belt Mage indeed.
    I'm one of two SCHs in our linkshell, and the other SCH has BLM leveled. We do have a surplus of BLMs, and most of our linkshell is multi-job. I will say that if I don't go SCH to an event, it's because we need my MNK, and if our other SCH doesn't come BRD to events, then he typically comes SCH.

    But again, your linkshell may vary, rebates are at the dealer's sole discretion, picture on the box may not reflect actual item, etc. etc.

  13. #1233
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    879
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    I have the same issue, unless my WHM or MNK is needed, i'm going SCH to almost all events, even tho i have blm and it is known. I swear they day they let SCH on the morrigan list is the day i completly quit BLM. Very quick raises are the most notible huge plus i have during dynamis.

  14. #1234
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSnow View Post
    It pisses me off that people in my shell think Scholar can't nuke or soemthing. Sch is awesome they obviosuly don't know shit about it :/
    I agree with the other posters, it's often because there are a ton of BLMs rather than anything else. BLMs were needed for so long that we have a good core of fully merited BLMs with decent gear and less healers/support.

  15. #1235
    Human Being
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,169
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Eldelphia View Post
    I agree with the other posters, it's often because there are a ton of BLMs rather than anything else. BLMs were needed for so long that we have a good core of fully merited BLMs with decent gear and less healers/support.
    At the same time, not every linkshell is forward-thinking enough to TRY something new either. My linkshell has some great and talented people in it, and we have lots of opportunities to low man things, but at the end of the day, we end up conforming to strategies that are tried and true because we want to win. Black Mages are the staple of a lot of strategies where magic damage is important, and it's easier to know a BLM will help than to hope a SCH will help.

    It's not a bad thing in and of itself, it's just that way some times. I am pleased though, at least with my group, that the two SCHs we have do get used, and we end up being sort of heralds for our job class.

  16. #1236
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Acturus View Post
    At the same time, not every linkshell is forward-thinking enough to TRY something new either. My linkshell has some great and talented people in it, and we have lots of opportunities to low man things, but at the end of the day, we end up conforming to strategies that are tried and true because we want to win. Black Mages are the staple of a lot of strategies where magic damage is important, and it's easier to know a BLM will help than to hope a SCH will help.

    It's not a bad thing in and of itself, it's just that way some times. I am pleased though, at least with my group, that the two SCHs we have do get used, and we end up being sort of heralds for our job class.
    I find I get to play SCH a lot more when we low man events and there the fact that I can flip between arts is the key attraction.

  17. #1237
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    153
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Enspell AoE Removed 4/8/09 update.

    Edit: Sounds like a glitch at this point, meh. Would have been nice motivation to finish Whm

  18. #1238
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,103
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Enygma Xii
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Might just be broken due to the introduction of new Enspells II and coding.

  19. #1239
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    262
    BG Level
    4

    If it weren't for the crappy merits I might play SCH over BLM in nuking role, but it just doesn't compare to a fully merited and well geared BLM.

  20. #1240
    Human Being
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,169
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Vegetatheprince View Post
    Enspell AoE Removed 4/8/09 update.
    I'll say it now. My money is on the belief that this was a mistake in the coding brought on by the Tier II enspells addition.

Page 62 of 69 FirstFirst ... 12 52 60 61 62 63 64 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Scholar Discussion attempt #2
    By Evelyn in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1385
    Last Post: 2008-03-10, 19:21
  2. Scholar discussion
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 2007-11-20, 15:39
  3. Post patch Nyzul Isle Assault
    By Tyche in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 120
    Last Post: 2007-10-15, 20:40
  4. another look at CoP rings post-patch
    By Toshiko in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 2007-09-17, 09:53
  5. Bahamut's Zaghnal performance post-patch...
    By dyluck in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 2007-09-01, 19:08
  6. Chocobo Racing Delayed and March 7th patch date
    By Grif in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 2007-03-03, 16:33
  7. The Wyrmking Descends (Post July 24 patch)
    By masag0 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 2006-08-20, 21:13