Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 322
  1. #221
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    BG Level
    6

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    With all the "omg" about Magic Mortar, I haven't seen many tests about Armor Piercer. I was camping Skogs Fru earlier and I was testing out the damage on Ladybugs. At 300% TP and 0 distance (within melee range or closer), Armor Piercer was doing 1636 damage every single time on Ladybugs that range from lv.45~47.

    Light/Dark/Earth/Wind/Ice/Water Maneuvers all had no effect on damage that I could see. (Lightning/Fire force Daze/Arcuballista, so I didn't feel like testing)

    I'm not very good with WS calculations, thus I'm not sure what this one would look like. I just find it odd that damage was identical on dozens of mobs varying by 3 levels. Could it be a complete defense-ignore? At 100~125% TP, Armor Piercer was doing extremely consistant 1300~1360ish damage on the same mobs.
    I noticed this at 100% on Colibri, but didn't someone mention waaay back that it only replaced Daze/did this on mobs weak to piercing? I'm pretty sure it's forced one way or another. I dunno though. D: RNG is the weakest of all my frames, I tried using it in Dynamis-Beau and it kept missing :[

  2. #222
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkun
    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    With all the "omg" about Magic Mortar, I haven't seen many tests about Armor Piercer. I was camping Skogs Fru earlier and I was testing out the damage on Ladybugs. At 300% TP and 0 distance (within melee range or closer), Armor Piercer was doing 1636 damage every single time on Ladybugs that range from lv.45~47.

    Light/Dark/Earth/Wind/Ice/Water Maneuvers all had no effect on damage that I could see. (Lightning/Fire force Daze/Arcuballista, so I didn't feel like testing)

    I'm not very good with WS calculations, thus I'm not sure what this one would look like. I just find it odd that damage was identical on dozens of mobs varying by 3 levels. Could it be a complete defense-ignore? At 100~125% TP, Armor Piercer was doing extremely consistant 1300~1360ish damage on the same mobs.
    I noticed this at 100% on Colibri, but didn't someone mention waaay back that it only replaced Daze/did this on mobs weak to piercing? I'm pretty sure it's forced one way or another. I dunno though. D: RNG is the weakest of all my frames, I tried using it in Dynamis-Beau and it kept missing :[
    Unless Battraps are weak to piercing (which I'm almost sure they aren't), I'm going to say Armor Piercer is always default if it's not high in Lightning/Fire load.

  3. #223
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]


  4. #224
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    BG Level
    6

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    lmao...

    ofc it's not a real concern to SE. Fixing Taru dance animations is. Fuck pettp. Nobody uses that shit mirite?

  5. #225
    assburgers
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    10,925
    BG Level
    9

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Hey! I use my /dance4, /wait 3, /dance1, /dance 2.9, /dance3 macro enough to make it worth the fix... though I'm on PS2, so I didn't get the weird elasticaru effect...

    That one shotting a T orc is made of awesome though.

  6. #226
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    617
    BG Level
    5

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    It seems to be a breath type damage.

    Try Saurian helm maybe ?

  7. #227
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by eva00r
    It seems to be a breath type damage.

    Try Saurian helm maybe ?
    Completely aside from the fact that PUP can't wear that helm...

    ... did you even read this thread at all?

  8. #228
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,333
    BG Level
    7

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    considering that MM can be roughly equated with spirits within, merely testing spirits with the breath helm should be enough to help us classify it. granted, it's unlikely to have any impact on either spirits or your puppet (as the puppet's not a wyvern) it may at least give us some data, regardless of how useful or relevant it is.

  9. #229
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    What the fuck is the point of testing something that will have no actual fucking application on the goddamn job?

    Spirits Within, as similar as it is to Magic Mortar, is not magic mortar. Hell, SW have the same damage type as Chi Blast, yet nobody's going around Spiriting on full MND gear.

  10. #230
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Magic Mortar and Salvage

    Just a random idea but this could actually be pretty decent up to the point of fighting harder NMs and bosses that will probably just kill the automaton.

    One of the things about Magic Mortar that's annoying is the Automaton likes to cure itself. In salvage, Automaton's cant cast unless master gets a magic cell. That right there takes care of the problem of Automaton curing itself. If you balanced out repair kit usage you could keep up some pretty nice magic mortars.

    I'm not sure how good this would be in SSR because of carnal nightmare getting spammed, but this would be a way to lock out cures and do significant damage. It could even be properly prepped for a boss run in time.

    Anywho just an idea. As the only Scholar in my Salvage group, I'm not insane enough to replace Scholar with PUP, but if anyone takes PUP to salvage, it would be nice if they shared their Magic Mortar experience and how it handled which mobs in which area.

  11. #231
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    BG Level
    6

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea
    Magic Mortar and Salvage

    Just a random idea but this could actually be pretty decent up to the point of fighting harder NMs and bosses that will probably just kill the automaton.

    One of the things about Magic Mortar that's annoying is the Automaton likes to cure itself. In salvage, Automaton's cant cast unless master gets a magic cell. That right there takes care of the problem of Automaton curing itself. If you balanced out repair kit usage you could keep up some pretty nice magic mortars.

    I'm not sure how good this would be in SSR because of carnal nightmare getting spammed, but this would be a way to lock out cures and do significant damage. It could even be properly prepped for a boss run in time.

    Anywho just an idea. As the only Scholar in my Salvage group, I'm not insane enough to replace Scholar with PUP, but if anyone takes PUP to salvage, it would be nice if they shared their Magic Mortar experience and how it handled which mobs in which area.
    We low man Salvage a lot. (5-6 people a day), and we usually spam Arrapago since QQ's never put out. Pretty much every mob has AOE (bhoots, gears, ramparts, skeles) so it would be impossible to test out MM, however, Bone Crusher does fantastic damage there as I said before.

    On SSR and Zhaloam (sp, too lazy), I can see it working, but I'm usually needed a RNG or other DD. PUP is nice for very small runs and areas like Arrapago mainly due to the automaton acting like a another party member, with quite a bit of HP pre-HP cell.

    I understand where you're coming from, I just wish you could inflict silence on the puppet, it would save a lot of prepping time. One thing I noticed is that if you have an automaton out with 0 MP (Valoredge etc), and enter an area such as Tav or a city, change it's frames while in there and exit, it'll have 0/whatever MP. Not sure if this is a glitch but it happened once before.

  12. #232
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Automatons will retain the exact HP/MP they had, even if you switch frames/heads/attachments in a "town" zone (although restricted down to their new max's). Even through warping, teleporting, zoning, etc. Nothing will increase their HP/MP values except Deactivating, dying, level caps, or changing jobs. It's sometimes the best way to prep pre-raid if that is an option (aka: entering a zone that doesn't remove pets, like Assault).

  13. #233
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Wow, that's something that happened to me like I dont' even remember and totally forgot about. Assuming it hasn't been "fixed" that's definitely a good way to 0 MP a puppet.

    But back on the Magic Mortar thing in Salvage, I wasn't thinking of putting puppet at single digit HP. I was thinking Valor/harly in full DD set up to melee without any worries of it trying to cure itself. HP cell puts its HP over 1500. At half that you still have over 700 HP and will deal some NICE MMs. However, if Bonecrusher is crushing nicely, that would probably better go with just for plain consistency and the better defense on the automaton.

  14. #234
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    BG Level
    6

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea
    Wow, that's something that happened to me like I dont' even remember and totally forgot about. Assuming it hasn't been "fixed" that's definitely a good way to 0 MP a puppet.

    But back on the Magic Mortar thing in Salvage, I wasn't thinking of putting puppet at single digit HP. I was thinking Valor/harly in full DD set up to melee without any worries of it trying to cure itself. HP cell puts its HP over 1500. At half that you still have over 700 HP and will deal some NICE MMs. However, if Bonecrusher is crushing nicely, that would probably better go with just for plain consistency and the better defense on the automaton.
    Yar does about 650~ on undead, when it's time to head onto the Chariots, QQAs and boss though, I tend to switch to BLM head, you get some nice numbers that way (hi2u 1009 Blizzard 4 on gears and 800 Fire IVs on Armored Chariot~!) and they're more consistent since you can run out of AOE range and ADD trick it it if you didn't get a max MP cell.

  15. #235
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkun
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea
    Wow, that's something that happened to me like I dont' even remember and totally forgot about. Assuming it hasn't been "fixed" that's definitely a good way to 0 MP a puppet.

    But back on the Magic Mortar thing in Salvage, I wasn't thinking of putting puppet at single digit HP. I was thinking Valor/harly in full DD set up to melee without any worries of it trying to cure itself. HP cell puts its HP over 1500. At half that you still have over 700 HP and will deal some NICE MMs. However, if Bonecrusher is crushing nicely, that would probably better go with just for plain consistency and the better defense on the automaton.
    Yar does about 650~ on undead, when it's time to head onto the Chariots, QQAs and boss though, I tend to switch to BLM head, you get some nice numbers that way (hi2u 1009 Blizzard 4 on gears and 800 Fire IVs on Armored Chariot~!) and they're more consistent since you can run out of AOE range and ADD trick it it if you didn't get a max MP cell.
    When you say "undead" do you mean Skeletons or also other undead that aren't necessarily weak to blunt? Because, Bonecrusher might just be blunt-damage, considering it does have a Shield Bash animation as the last of the 3 hits. (I'm deducting that you are speaking mostly of Salvage fomor-type mobs, but I want to be sure)

  16. #236
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    BG Level
    6

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko
    Quote Originally Posted by Jkun
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea
    Wow, that's something that happened to me like I dont' even remember and totally forgot about. Assuming it hasn't been "fixed" that's definitely a good way to 0 MP a puppet.

    But back on the Magic Mortar thing in Salvage, I wasn't thinking of putting puppet at single digit HP. I was thinking Valor/harly in full DD set up to melee without any worries of it trying to cure itself. HP cell puts its HP over 1500. At half that you still have over 700 HP and will deal some NICE MMs. However, if Bonecrusher is crushing nicely, that would probably better go with just for plain consistency and the better defense on the automaton.
    Yar does about 650~ on undead, when it's time to head onto the Chariots, QQAs and boss though, I tend to switch to BLM head, you get some nice numbers that way (hi2u 1009 Blizzard 4 on gears and 800 Fire IVs on Armored Chariot~!) and they're more consistent since you can run out of AOE range and ADD trick it it if you didn't get a max MP cell.
    When you say "undead" do you mean Skeletons or also other undead that aren't necessarily weak to blunt? Because, Bonecrusher might just be blunt-damage, considering it does have a Shield Bash animation as the last of the 3 hits. (I'm deducting that you are speaking mostly of Salvage fomor-type mobs, but I want to be sure)
    Bones. Tested in Apollyon, Bone Crusher is 100% Blunt damage:

    http://www.elite.uk.com/james/ffximarch08/boneblunt.jpg

  17. #237
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,003
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but if you use Schruzen to prevent the dropping the Automaton's hp to 0 then Ventriloquy, she'll be at 1 hp correct? Tried it once and it worked.

  18. #238
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    BG Level
    6

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by Meian
    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but if you use Schruzen to prevent the dropping the Automaton's hp to 0 then Ventriloquy, she'll be at 1 hp correct? Tried it once and it worked.
    On most occassions after doing the Melee > Mog House > MM setup trick to get 0/200~ MP, I just Souleater myself to about 30-20 HP (I get scared lol), then Role Reversal, and let E100 take 1 or 2 hits on an EP mob with Schruzen up. Usually gets him to 2-1 HP. /DRK and the MH trick saves a lot of prep time, it can be done in the past in under 6 or 7 mins given Fortifications and Similidons (sp?) are up.

    Hope this Maint. doesn't nerf it... :/ On the other hand, I hope it releases some info on how Bone Crusher works, or improves it, but, can't get our hopes up, ne?

  19. #239
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkun
    Quote Originally Posted by Meian
    I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but if you use Schruzen to prevent the dropping the Automaton's hp to 0 then Ventriloquy, she'll be at 1 hp correct? Tried it once and it worked.
    On most occassions after doing the Melee > Mog House > MM setup trick to get 0/200~ MP, I just Souleater myself to about 30-20 HP (I get scared lol), then Role Reversal, and let E100 take 1 or 2 hits on an EP mob with Schruzen up. Usually gets him to 2-1 HP. /DRK and the MH trick saves a lot of prep time, it can be done in the past in under 6 or 7 mins given Fortifications and Similidons (sp?) are up.

    Hope this Maint. doesn't nerf it... :/ On the other hand, I hope it releases some info on how Bone Crusher works, or improves it, but, can't get our hopes up, ne?
    I usually just Souleater my way down to double-digits. Once I've done that, I eat a DoT of some sort from a mage mob nearby, zone, and wait for the least HP incriment possible before dying then Role Reversal that over to Mandarin while I get all my HP back to survive the DoT.

    Maybe I can talk my LS into fighting lolHydra for a Berserker's Torque to make the prep quicker and more "on-the-fly."

  20. #240
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    247
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

    Re: March 10th PUP WS testing~ [Now with added AV Speculation!]

    Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko

    Maybe I can talk my LS into fighting lolHydra for a Berserker's Torque to make the prep quicker and more "on-the-fly."
    Too bad PUP can't wear said torque.

    The zeroing MP thing via frame changing in town and Role Reversaling your way to low HP is the quickest setup that I've found.

    I don't see much use in MM on chariots as the AoE (Discharge, Inertia Stream, etc) would make short work of the Automaton, especially with low HP. In fact MM is so limited in its application, I found myself getting one e-peen screenshot and not really using it that much since. And when I do use it, it's at ~50% HP, 100% TP for just decent, non-hate grabbing damage.

    If anything Magic Mortar has just increased PUP-awareness and allowed me to use the frames I've always used, putting up solid numbers, and actually get noticed for it. I actually met a BLM that didn't know Automations got Tier IV spells and thought it was added in this past update along with SCH. They proceeded to T_T all over the place about SCH and I proceeded to ignore them.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. DRK WS, Empy/Relic/Merit -Bdice Personal Testing.
    By Bdice in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2011-12-17, 22:21
  2. Multi-hit WS accuracy testing
    By Fwahm in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 118
    Last Post: 2009-09-02, 11:25
  3. Gekko WS Accuracy Test
    By Kirschy in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 2009-04-14, 00:13
  4. New WS Properties/Modifier/Damage Testing
    By eva00r in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1378
    Last Post: 2008-12-01, 14:39
  5. DA in WS & Gorget Acc Tests
    By Mojo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 2008-03-27, 20:18
  6. WS Changes testing
    By diony in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2007-09-03, 03:45
  7. Kirin tests on Merited PUP
    By Meian in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 137
    Last Post: 2007-07-14, 12:00
  8. WS formula test
    By divisortheory in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2007-06-23, 13:56
  9. Claustrum / Gate of Tartarus WS Testing
    By Ichthyos in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 1039
    Last Post: 2006-07-20, 22:35