BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Recurring FFXI 3001 Post Update?

Post-Update, actually not until tonight however, several people on my server and I have been receiving FFXI-3001 Errors when we zone by warping, using the warp taru, teleporting - but not during airship or walking to locations.

After FFXI boots us, we can't log back in and get this FFXI-3001 error after selecting character.

It stops @ downloading data, then gives the error, then when we try to log in again it says the same character is already logged in

I've been checking the POL site a lot, but no information there, has anyone been experiencing similar errors?

I am hope.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Re: Recurring FFXI 3001 Post Update?

If your using windower the boot at the downloading data part seems to be a bug from the windower
    happens to me all the time when FFXI crashes and I get kicked to POL

As for the other stuff, no idea

Lyramion's better half
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hopefulki Nozomi
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Asura

found this on KI forums:

I have the same issue. I called a GM, and after about 2 hours of waiting they said this is popping up everywhere and to just wait it out. My main can't log in but all my mules are just fine. The GM said they didn't know the cause, but its affecting 1 character per account to those affected.

you aren't the only one it's happening too

There was a thread in the tech support forums about it but it talked mostly about routers and ports. I don't use a router though and the same thing is happening to me. (both on windower and non-windower ffxi)

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Little update (that's me in the quote above). Now all my characters are unable to log in. GMs arent even answering calls about this anymore, just giving copy and pasted responses to wait it out. Seems this is a huge issue right now. When i first called about this there was 139 calls before me and that's only gotten worse i've heard.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I was porting all over the place last night trying to get Scholar AF, got through AF1, AF2, and then started on AF3, when about 945pst, I got this error message while warping from San D'oria [S] to Passhow [S]. I tried logging on w/o windower, tried restarting computer, tried resetting router, still got the same issue. I can get to character select screen (so I know my character is still in Passhow [S], but it stays at the black "Downloading Data" screen for 20 seconds or so before FFXI -3001 pops up again. I'm hoping the emergency maintenance fixes this today. I'm also the one person on the planet w/o any mules, so I don't have any way to call a GM. I was going to call tech support if I got home from work today, and it still didn't work...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Restart your router.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I got the exact same error 2 days ago I got stuck in Alzadaal Undersea Ruins. Got a random DC then when I try to log back in got the 3001 error. However my mules still worked. And I could log on my friends account. I don't use windower so I know thats not the problem. I try my 360 and PS2 to see if it would be different then PC but no same 3001 error. Ending up waiting like a day to get back on.

Yesterday in my dynamis LS 3 people also had the 3001 problem in Dynamis Bastok.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tricen
    Restart your router.
    I had problems late Tuesday night, tried restarting both the computer and the modem (forgot about the router), eventually gave up and went to bed. Went to work the next day, came home, reset the router before turning the computer on, and logged in just fine. Played last night without a hitch.

So first, try restarting your router and see if that works. If not, wait 12 hours, try restarting your router and see if that works. If that still doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

It's something to do with ports being messed up. So restarting your router usually works.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zumi Kasumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

When I unplugged both my router and modem, then plugged them back in it didn't fix the problem. Other people I know that got it didn't fix it either. They only thing that seemed to work was waiting it out.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Just started happening to me

Bloody annoying!!! I hope they ninja-fix this soon.

I have tried everything regarding changing my Router settings, even allowed every single port but to no avail.

Could be something to do with my ISP but I have heard of this happening to people from multiple other ISPs so I doubt that's the problem.

Ran a complete Virus/Spyware scan and nothing is flagged. I can't think what else to try.

happened to me on both my characters and then couldnt even get on a mule

gonna try on 360 in a bit after i restart my router again

theres go nyzul tonight /sigh

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Unfortunately its not as simple as the router. This started happening to me last night as well when I tried zoning from my MH to Port Bastok. It also happened to some but not all of my mules which I found very strange. I unplugged my router overnight thinking I just needed to power it down and it would work this morning. It didnt. So later on this morning I took my laptop to a place that had wi-fi, logged in and moved my main to N. Gustaberg. Once I got home I logged onto my PS2, tried taking the Maw to Gustaberg-S and got POL-3001 again. This problem is also not isolated to my PS2. I get the same thing on PC and 360. Running the 'Check files' now just to rule that out but am not getting my hopes up. This is a very annoying problem to say the least that hopefully SE fixes sooner then later.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I'm having the same problem. Last night after my exp party i used a warp cudgel. And i got the downloading data screen. It stayed here for about 30 seconds until I got the error 3001. I have not been able to log in since then, and its been about 24 hours. GMs are giving BS answers and are absolutely no help..

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Happened to me when I zoned from Whitegate to Al Zhabi (no besieged)

I can log onto one of my mules but none of the other ones or my main. Restarted router, connected directly to modem, checked files, make sure wasn't getting blocked by firewall, playing on pc (windows xp) tried w/ and w/o windower and nothing worked. Seems like this is one of them issues where you just got to wait it out and hope for an emergency fix or a ninja patch.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Is it just me or am I the only one who finds it really stupid that SE doesnt have any tech support available on weekends? Or do they just assume that not only do people not play on weekends but that nothing will ever go wrong over a weekend?

yeah i was a little annoyed when i was given an automated message telling me to call their number mon-fri 9am pst - 5pm pst or w/e

Fal

Having same problems, it's happening so much that the game is basically unplayable unless I stay in one zone for a reasonable amount of time.

This only started last night when I got home from work around 9pm est.

I have tried opening all the known ports for POL and FFXI, disabling windows firewall, disabling router firewall, directly connecting to modem, restarting computer, restarting modem, restarting router, checking files, and even completely reinstalling game. Nothing has worked. It seems to be definitely something on SE's end.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Belipo Jones
    yeah i was a little annoyed when i was given an automated message telling me to call their number mon-fri 9am pst - 5pm pst or w/e

Same. When i yelled at the GM for saying that to me he just closed our chat window.