+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ps2 HDD issues     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ps2 HDD issues

Well.. where do I start. While on FFXI one day the game decides to randomly freeze so I had to force dc. When I decide to start back up the HDD icon failed to appear. I know the ps2 itself isnt the problem So my question is would only one Ps2 be compatible with one HDD if I were to buy the HDD(used) itself? or would I need to rebuy another copy of FFXI including the HDD? thanks in advance FFXI withdrawls are getting worse each day

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Re: Ps2 HDD issues

as long as its the hdd and not the system you'd only need to buy another hdd.

I know you can't switch HDD from PS2 to PS2 without reformatting with the CD that comes with the HDD so if you buy another one used make sure you have the disc.

Resident furfag
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbreed
    I know you can't switch HDD from PS2 to PS2 without reformatting with the CD that comes with the HDD so if you buy another one used make sure you have the disc.
    Actually not true. I bought the hard drive for SOCOM II and sold it to my roommate (daemon) who used it for FFXI. He never had to reformat. I bought the drive back form my roommate and I'm using it currently without having to reformat.

That's odd but nice lol. Both times I had to switch my HDD to a different PS2 I had to wipe it out with the CD and reinstall everything.