Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I threw my smart grenade.     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I threw my smart grenade.

So, I threw my smart grenade while helping some friends with Charybdis, unfortunetly, I didn't realize it until much later and didn't have any clue at what time I threw it. I can't repeat the quest and so far, item retrieval is out of the question from asking around with people in my LS.

What should I do? Just let it go and no bother or should I give item retrieval a shot anyway?

Re: I threw my smart grenade.

Quote Originally Posted by georgs
    So, I threw my smart grenade while helping some friends with Charybdis, unfortunetly, I didn't realize it until much later and didn't have any clue at what time I threw it. I can't repeat the quest and so far, item retrieval is out of the question from asking around with people in my LS.

What should I do? Just let it go and no bother or should I give item retrieval a shot anyway?
    Like, does the 'dbox from someone' else trick not work anymore?

Other than that, hell if I'd waste my one chance on that. I never bothered getting one because it was always worth it to me to have a ranged weapon I could throw equipped (but then again, I pulled/ran most of things I did).

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync
    Like, does the 'dbox from someone' else trick not work anymore?
    No idea what that means...<.<;

I'll probaby just let it go. Most people said not to waste it on an item that isn't really worth it.

Last I knew (dunno if it's been fixed) smart grenade could be delivery'd.

Do the quest on a second character (perhaps with linkshell help) and delivery it to your main If that still works. However, now that it's been mentioned here, SE will read it, and it will be fixed if it hasn't been. So do it fast.

for a while, the bibiki seashell was throwable too. i never understood what the problem was with making it re-obtainable. worst case if you're worried about players abusing it (i don't see how...) just make it only repeatable once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Aihree
    Last I knew (dunno if it's been fixed) smart grenade could be delivery'd.

Do the quest on a second character (perhaps with linkshell help) and delivery it to your main If that still works. However, now that it's been mentioned here, SE will read it, and it will be fixed if it hasn't been. So do it fast.
    It was mentioned here nearly immediately when someone found it out, which was shortly after the first person made a 'WAHHHHHHH I THREW GURNAAADESSSS' topic.

I'm assuming it's already fixed, but worth a shot anyway.

This actually hasn't been fixed, I nearly sent it to my mule a couple days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Akumaronin
    This actually hasn't been fixed, I nearly sent it to my mule a couple days ago.
    and thus, the miserable failures of programmers on the FFXI are put in the spotlight again.

I'm waiting for SE to remove the ATK+4 from smart grenade and claim it was a programming error.

That was smart of you! :rocl:

Quote Originally Posted by [Cookies
    ]That was smart of you! :rocl:
    Ba dum tsh~

*crickets*

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ichikun
    I'm waiting for SE to remove the ATK+4 from smart grenade and claim it was a programming error.
    They'll "fix" that and make it not throwable in the same patch. I'm kind of surprised RMT aren't spamming the quest on new chars since they NPC for almost 10k.

It's still deliverable though, so I'd get another that way ASAP.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag