BG Level

Last Lecture

kinda inspirational indeed
    http://video.stumbleupon.com/#p=ithct48cqw

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

Re: Last Lecture

Didn't watch it, but is this the professor with a terminal illness giving the one last lecture before he died or something? Because if it is, it's pretty old.

Banned.

BG Level

Oprah video do not want.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

I want my 11:32 back. I thought it wouldn't be something I'd expect to see on Oprah, but it's exactly the type of thing I'd expect to see on Oprah.

evilbau

Should watch the original full length one.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by evilbau
    Should watch the original full length one.

Yeah. The original video was the longest video I've ever watched on the internet, and it moved me to tears. It's an utterly amazing speech.

rather then spending all this damn time touring around giving this speech shouldnt the guy be with his kids?

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire
    rather then spending all this damn time touring around giving this speech shouldnt the guy be with his kids?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

He gave it more than once? Then which speech was the actual last speech? And when did he finally end up dying?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Watch the full length version he gave at CM...it'll be one of the most gratifying feelings you'll get from a videon

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

link it so I can watch something when I get home and wait for my friends to login for sandy[S] quests!

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

AkashiXI

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-o-fire
    Different strokes. Instead of giving his inheritance away, Bill Gates is only giving 10million per child and giving the rest to the world. Do you find that inconsiderate? I think his dying will (aka his speeches) was more admirable than it could've been if he spent all of his dying days with his family.

I guess it's your opinion on what you would/should do when you find out you're going to die, but don't knock him for his choice.

I posted this video a few months back, but yeah it's amazing. Randy really did change my life and has helped me to try harder to reach my goals in life (seriously, just try me, I guarantee that within 20 years I will be the chef at one of the top restaurants in the country, and he is one of the reasons).

This however, is not his last lecture. He did anther one on time management (something he should really know given the circumstances), and it is also quite good, and I think also found on google video.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I don't think you watched any video of his because he specifically states that this is for his children, think about it, if you have very small children what better way to go out and have them remember you then giving a ground breaking lecture and hands down one of the most moving speeches I have ever heard, ever. In a way, he is spending time with his family.

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    I don't think you watched any video of his because he specifically states that this is for his children, think about it, if you have very small children what better way to go out and have them remember you then giving a ground breaking lecture and hands down one of the most moving speeches I have ever heard, ever. In a way, he is spending time with his family.
    Wait what? Seriosuly I posted a topic on this a few months back, go look it up on my previous posts.

I know he said it was for his children at the very end, but it doesn't mean the rest of the video can apply to other people.

AkashiXI

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer
    Wait what? Seriosuly I posted a topic on this a few months back, go look it up on my previous posts.

I know he said it was for his children at the very end, but it doesn't mean the rest of the video can apply to other people.
    He wasn't talking about you, and yeah Ryko, qft. His speeches were basically his last philosophical lesson he gave to everyone he cared about, including his family. And yes, I did watch the entire 70min video on youtube. It was awesome

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by AkashiXI
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer

He wasn't talking about you, and yeah Ryko, qft. His speeches were basically his last philosophical lesson he gave to everyone he cared about, including his family. And yes, I did watch the entire 70min video on youtube. It was awesome
    Ryko hasn't posted in this thread :D

AkashiXI

wth LOL

Bah I should l2read the rest of the thread first. Whoops.

Either way I still think everyone should watch this.

"There is no such thing as luck, just preparation meeting opportunity."