Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1. #1
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    I'm confused on how you pop this.

    Wiki says "Dormant Rampart spawned by simultaneously defeating Archaic Gears from east and west side of map."

    So... that means you have to defeat them all simultaneous with some waste-of-time manaburn? (Of course not) But seriously exactly what does this mean?

  2. #2
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    124
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Both of the Triple Gears on the floor need to die within 15(?) seconds or so of each other. Pretty simple enough, we usually have a couple of melee on each and stop when both are at 5% then kill them at the same time (or close to)

  3. #3
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea
    I'm confused on how you pop this.

    Wiki says "Dormant Rampart spawned by simultaneously defeating Archaic Gears from east and west side of map."

    So... that means you have to defeat them all simultaneous with some waste-of-time manaburn? (Of course not) But seriously exactly what does this mean?
    Archaic Gears as in the monster "Archaic Gears", not plural of "Archaic Gear".

  4. #4
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,413
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    One triple gear in the east room, one triple gear in the west room. Pull both to the middle, sleep them, get one to 5-10%, sleep it again. Get the other to 20%, save tp, kill it, WS the other one, it dies, check the rooms they came from for rampart.

  5. #5
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,220
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea
    I'm confused on how you pop this.

    Wiki says "Dormant Rampart spawned by simultaneously defeating Archaic Gears from east and west side of map."

    So... that means you have to defeat them all simultaneous with some waste-of-time manaburn? (Of course not) But seriously exactly what does this mean?
    It doesn't have to be exactly simultaneous. We have always just had rdm use T3 nukes, or the melees just ws them. We're actually sort of sloppy about it, it's not as hard as it seems. Just finish the 2nd one asap. The hard part is trying to keep track of which gear is which if they have moved around. Doing so can help you know which room to look for the Dormant in when they're done with. It spawns somewhat far away, so if you don't know just have 2 people go look in the west and east rooms for it.

  6. #6

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Quote Originally Posted by Drex
    One triple gear in the east room, one triple gear in the west room. Pull both to the middle, sleep them, get one to 5-10%, sleep it again. Get the other to 20%, save tp, kill it, WS the other one, it dies, check the rooms they came from for rampart.
    this
    make sure sleepers are ready to resleep the first one or it could screw you and restoral.
    and if time is a big issue don't worry about linking other gears to the triple gears, you can kite them around the + room to lose hate, w/o movement speed gear but it helps. Can pull the triple gears w/o links too if you are patient and some other factors~~.
    edit: 99% sure rampart will always pop east side room.

  7. #7
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    749
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    it pops east/west depending on which Archaic Gears hit the floor first or gets pulled. (Can never confirm with all the pulling and stuff, and with the killing at the same time thing.).

    To us, it seems to be the side where pulling occurs first.

  8. #8

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    i think it may be 60 seconds between gear deaths. w/ minimal prep on our first try at popping it, we did it w/o problem. also, with the original theory being "kill it w/o restoral" 60s w/ a big party would be a lot more plausible than 15, since you'll take 6 or so for most people to switch to the new target leaving everyone about 9 seconds to take the 2nd from full to 0 since they didn't realize they had to die together. either way, just pull them both, pummel one down and sleep it at 10%, kill other saving TP, then wheel around on the first and show it the painful end of your fist.

  9. #9
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    723
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Quote Originally Posted by tymora
    it pops east/west depending on which Archaic Gears hit the floor first or gets pulled. (Can never confirm with all the pulling and stuff, and with the killing at the same time thing.).

    To us, it seems to be the side where pulling occurs first.
    Fact: Dormant Rampart spawns on the same side of the gear whilch dies LAST, so that's probably why it spawns on the side which you pulled first, as:
    • - Pull West side
      - Sleep at 5%
      - Pull East side
      - Kill East side
      - Kill West side


    If both die at the same time, then lolScoutbothsides.

  10. #10
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Oh ok so there's only ONE Archaic Gears on each side. Do they sleep?

    EDIT: Nevermind Aemora answered this for me ^^;

  11. #11
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,065
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    If you happen to have widescan, it shows up on there too.

  12. #12
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    723
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea
    Oh ok so there's only ONE Archaic Gears on each side. Do they sleep?

    EDIT: Nevermind Aemora answered this for me ^^;
    Whilst they do Sleep, we don't sleep ours, just have someone with Shadows tank it backwards.

  13. #13

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aemora
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaea
    Oh ok so there's only ONE Archaic Gears on each side. Do they sleep?

    EDIT: Nevermind Aemora answered this for me ^^;
    Whilst they do Sleep, we don't sleep ours, just have someone with Shadows tank it backwards.
    Why lol? Sleep it and go about your business.

  14. #14

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Simple answer to that, Neosutra, the fag likes to make things difficult for me. I wish I knew they slept before, Aemora must be the worst salvage leader ever. :D

  15. #15
    Wincest Princess
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    591
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Thanks for the tips. Managed to pop the rampart and get two Zachary pops. Second one dropped Ares hands ^^

    We slept the other one and I was able to finish it off with Blizzard IV at 4%. Blizzard IV did exactly 800 damage with Ebullience (Scholar).

    I started casting just as they are about to weaponskill and finsh the other gear off.

    12% movement speed kiting to the center room seems to work well for pulling them without bothering with the other gears. They'll eventually stop chasing. This is great if you are low on time because you were able to do first floor Rampart because Mad Bomber popped on your side.

    On a side note, I usu 15 dropped 3 minutes before we got kicked out and I was able to complete Usukane Gote *^^*

  16. #16
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,290
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdude
    Simple answer to that, Neosutra, the fag likes to make things difficult for me. I wish I knew they slept before, Aemora must be the worst salvage leader ever. :D
    The single gears around it don't sleep, so that's probably what added to the confusion.

  17. #17
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrdude
    Simple answer to that, Neosutra, the fag likes to make things difficult for me. I wish I knew they slept before, Aemora must be the worst salvage leader ever. :D
    The single gears around it don't sleep, so that's probably what added to the confusion.
    My mages told me their sleep would land, but it would wake up instantly as if it had a DOT on it. (It was at 100% with no one hitting.) Kind of weird behavior if you ask me.

  18. #18

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    ahh, I see. I also wasn't being hostile towords him, I've known him for a good 3 years now, just joking around :D

    So, they to not sleep well? If so, I understand just having me hold it. They can be a pain in the ass to hold sometimes, even more so when I'm on warrior.

  19. #19
    Naver
    Guest

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?


  20. #20
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,627
    BG Level
    6

    Re: 3rd Floor Dormant Rampart for Zebra Zachary. How?

    let me guess... You poped the rampart and your BLM used his blizzaga III macro from the previous time nuke on the gearS? Happened to me in a JP pickup, funny thing is that first mob was the NM...

Similar Threads

  1. What Do FFXI Players Want for 2011 and How Was 2010?
    By Gwynplaine in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 327
    Last Post: 2011-04-19, 21:03
  2. Bhaflau Remnants Zebra Zachary & Peryton
    By Genrye in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 2009-08-23, 02:25
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-09-28, 05:01
  4. Armor enhancement for pets and how do they work?
    By Virothix in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 2008-07-11, 16:17
  5. I've been MIA for 2 months how many ranks will i delevel?
    By SeraphusRagnarok in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2008-04-01, 15:14
  6. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 2008-02-29, 18:10
  7. Temenos - 3rd Floor Change?
    By kareface in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2007-07-18, 08:06