Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 750
  1. #121
    House Azazael
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,641
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    It's tough when you stick up for your guys all day long and they come out and play like that...

    Koviu did score again but scoring when your down 5-0 is pretty meaningless.

    In the Denver post yesterday one of the columnists wrote about how the Wild are a dirty hockey team and all they do is play goon hockey. all day on sports radio one show after the next people were just QQing about it. Then we come out and set a record for penalty minutes in a playoff game, way to go guys.

    All Minnesota fans were made to look like fools today.
    Yesterday I was bitching to my wife how all the games have gone into overtime and have kept me up way late (EDT for the loss and having to be at work early is FTL). I think tonights game was actually as long as the three previous games since there was zero flow in the 3rd. The Wild lucked out on some of the calls as well. the Boogyman could have gotten extra time for his first penalty in the second (the one where he hooked then threw a temper tantrum) and then in the 3rd I really think the hit on Statsny should have been a 5 minute major.

    I am not trying to hate on the Wild, hell I cheer for them whenever they aren't play the Avs, but they just looked horrible last night. Game 5 will be interesting.

    The tough question for me now. I have to go back to CO for a funeral on Saturday. Is it insensitive to go to Game 6 afterwards >< (assuming the game is in the evening and not at like 3 MDT)



    /edit I claim the page in the name of all of you and being able to talk hockey with people again. No one in Northern Florida knows shit about it.

  2. #122
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    97
    BG Level
    2

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Saphirea
    Quote Originally Posted by dritero
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphirea
    Crosby > Ovechkin

    Simple as that.
    How so? Unless you mean Crosby's giant worm lips > Ovechkin's normal lips
    Can't compare Crosby and Ovechkin this season... Crosby was out too much of it.
    Malkin > Ovechkin though.
    What are you basing this on? Pretty sure Ovechkin is getting MVP, and led the league in goals and points. The guy celebrates every goal like it was his first ever, you can tell he loves the game. He back checks like crazy and throws hits.

    Malkin is in my top 3 for sure though.

    I live in the DC area and everytime I talk hockey with anyone around here its always the well you know Ovechkin is better than anyone on the Penguins blah blah blah blah blah crap day in day out. Well, Malkin and Crosby has more points than he does in the playoff which in my opinion is when it counts. It's just good to see that the Pens are playing with such fire and awesomeness.
    You're comparing what 5 points to 2 right now? Nylander, Ovie's number #1 assist guy is still injured while Crosby is back. Washington is playing a tough Philly team, while Pittsburgh is playing an Ottawa team that looks like they'd rather be playing golf. Not a fair comparison if you ask me.

    Going to game 5 in Montreal tomorrow! Gonna be awesome to see them close it out in Montreal.

  3. #123
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    764
    BG Level
    5

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    [quote=dritero]
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphirea
    Quote Originally Posted by dritero
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    Quote Originally Posted by "Saphirea":25p7orb9
    Crosby > Ovechkin

    Simple as that.
    How so? Unless you mean Crosby's giant worm lips > Ovechkin's normal lips
    Can't compare Crosby and Ovechkin this season... Crosby was out too much of it.
    Malkin > Ovechkin though.
    What are you basing this on? Pretty sure Ovechkin is getting MVP, and led the league in goals and points. The guy celebrates every goal like it was his first ever, you can tell he loves the game. He back checks like crazy and throws hits.

    Malkin is in my top 3 for sure though.

    I live in the DC area and everytime I talk hockey with anyone around here its always the well you know Ovechkin is better than anyone on the Penguins blah blah blah blah blah crap day in day out. Well, Malkin and Crosby has more points than he does in the playoff which in my opinion is when it counts. It's just good to see that the Pens are playing with such fire and awesomeness.
    You're comparing what 5 points to 2 right now? Nylander, Ovie's number #1 assist guy is still injured while Crosby is back. Washington is playing a tough Philly team, while Pittsburgh is playing an Ottawa team that looks like they'd rather be playing golf. Not a fair comparison if you ask me.

    Going to game 5 in Montreal tomorrow! Gonna be awesome to see them close it out in Montreal.[/quote:25p7orb9]

    I see your points that you're making. I think Philly is a tough team, but watching them Sunday they Philly just seemed like they wanted it more. They hit harder, backchecked and made it look like they were a play off team.

    It was more a me bitching about being a Pittsburgh fan in Washington DC than anything else. I still think Malkin and Crosby and the rest of that potent offense is playing better than the Caps, and I think that Pitt will be a tough team deep into the Playoffs.

  4. #124
    Dolmen
    Guest

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    I live in the DC area as well, and it's like has been stated... When you talk to anyone around here about hockey it's Ovechkin this and Ovechkin that. I completely respect Ovechkin for signing the contract he did (he obviously could have made a ton more playing the free agent market), and he is an amazing scorer. However, the Caps seem like they rely on him a good deal more than they should, and to that extent the fans as well.

    That being said, I hate the Caps... I'm kind of rooting for them because my a close friend is a diehard Caps fan, but I really don't want a Montreal v. Washington series in these playoffs. Montreal and Washington make for good games, and seem to always split series. Washington is the only team I worry about for Montreal in the Eastern Conference. I'm starting to wonder about the Habs though with how they're playing Boston. Price and the Buzzcut Boys are keeping them in games, the rest of the team needs to step up more. Price's performance is very reminiscent of Roy and all of those OT/1-goal wins the Habs had way back when.

  5. #125
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Well look at it this way. They are bitching about the Wild playing "goon" hockey, yet they are losing. Bryan Murray has been talking all kinds of shit about the Penguins and the officiating and why is that? Because they are losing. Teams that are losing want to make every excuse in the world when the reason they are losing is sitting in their dressing room. I have yet to see a game that was won or lost by the officiating so far in this year's playoffs. All in all I would have to say this is some of the best officiating I've seen in years.

  6. #126
    Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    7,565
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    I appreciate how the officials are letting the old NHL return to an extent. Barring last nights Wild/Avs game....the hitting and physical play in that series, and with the Sharks/Flames has been outstanding. There's been a few other big hits in other series, but I've been entertained every game that's been on in the Flyers/Caps, Wild/Avs, Sharks/Flames. Good first round so far.

  7. #127
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    1-0 Penguins mid way point of the second period. Malkin on the powerplay.

  8. #128
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Fuck. Stillman scored. 1-1 now.

  9. #129
    The Wang
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,343
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Furt Wangler
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    devils vs rangers 3rd period was abysmal on the devils part, minus the one goal by motto I think it was.

  10. #130
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,362
    BG Level
    7

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP



    Major props to Gerber though, he did a hell of a job this series.

  11. #131
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    790
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    4-0 Penguins, and there they go to the next round...

  12. #132
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    868
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    gooo stars!

  13. #133
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,466
    BG Level
    6

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Furtwangler
    devils vs rangers 3rd period was abysmal on the devils part, minus the one goal by motto I think it was.
    it was a great battle on both sides of the ice. I was there, and it was a helluva game!

    now, lets close it out on friday!!!

  14. #134
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,184
    BG Level
    7

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Argh looks like the Flyers are going to have Montreal next round
    Unless the Bruins can keep up that momentum from last game.
    I'd love to see Pens and Flyers in the Eastern Conference finals.

  15. #135
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Seditedi
    Argh looks like the Flyers are going to have Montreal next round
    Unless the Bruins can keep up that momentum from last game.
    Since some jackass Bruins "fans" beat the hell out of a dude from Montreal the other day after game 4, I'm rooting for the Habs. Bruins are a fraud team to begin with. If their fans are going to act that way, then they really don't deserve to play any more games.

  16. #136
    House Azazael
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,641
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Just got back from game 6. It was so fucking wild and loud. Probably one of the most energetic games I have ever been to, just wish I could get to more play off games

  17. #137
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Stars advancing.

  18. #138
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    448
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Game 7, woooooooooo.

    Final the next day, booooooooooo. How will I choose?

  19. #139
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    6,576
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Quote Originally Posted by Palin
    Stars advancing.
    Hope Calgary beat the Sharks tomorrow night. I want home ice advantage against the Avs and think we have a better chance beating them over San Jose. Plus a Red Wing/Flame rematch from last year's 1st round would be hot.

    GO STARS!!!

  20. #140
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    586
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Dense Fever
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: 2008 NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs!

    Latecomer in the thread, but I miss talking about ice hockey.

    Les Habitants put a definite close to that series, and they looked VERY good. Price gets the shutout, and hopefully gains some confidence with that. There were some quality saves there.

    The Flyers/Caps series is quite a fun series to watch. Lots of lead changes, momentum swings, and overall bruising and just plain good hockey. I'm pulling for the Caps, but only because I like how they play and I'm still a Fedorov fan (as long as he doesn't play in the Western Conference, that is). That Oveczkin breakaway shows just how good of a goal-scorer he is: there was never a doubt that he'd score on that and he EASILY burned Biron on the top shelf. That was a great goal.

    Any predictions for Sharks/Flames tonight? Being in SJ, I'd have to side with the hometeam, but I'd love to see Calgary pull off the win (although, I'm not sure [as a die-hard Wings fan] that having a red-hot Kiprusoff will be good for the Wings...).

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11291
    Last Post: 2012-06-15, 09:02
  2. Replies: 8596
    Last Post: 2011-06-17, 07:09
  3. Replies: 6664
    Last Post: 2010-06-14, 00:40
  4. Replies: 1076
    Last Post: 2008-06-30, 19:06
  5. Replies: 524
    Last Post: 2008-02-29, 00:34
  6. 2008 NFL Playoffs: Wild Card Round Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 2008-01-07, 00:45
  7. The official '07 NHL Playoff Thread
    By Norelco in forum Sports
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 2007-05-05, 12:08