+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Feast of Swords (04/21/2008)

Probably not advanced ... but oh well!

Source
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics.../3061/3061.jpg
    [NOTE: This is supposed to be a dialog kinda thing, hence the weird formatting]

3, 2, 1... Action, kupo!

Ahem. Dear adventurers, we have a wonderful announcement for you today, kupo!
    Get set for an exciting event with whirling wooden weapons and slicing samurai action! That's right! It's time for the Feast of Swords, kupo!

Cut, cut, cut, kupo!
    What part of “traditional, elegant, and tasteful” did you not understand, kupo!? What about the stunning Genji armor? The nostalgia-inducing mochi? The health and happiness of—

Linkpearl: <Ring, ring>

Good day, kupo! This is the Mog House Manag—what!? I see…thank you.
    Er, I'm sorry to disturb you in the middle of your riveting rehearsal, but we may have to make some last-minute changes to that announcement, kupo…
    I've just been informed by the union chief that this year's Feast of Swords is to be cancelled—effective immediately.

Kupopopo!? You can't be serious!

Was this a direct order from the three nations, by any chance?

I don't have all the details, but that seems to be the case, kupopo.
    It might have something to do with the fact that every time we borrow suits of precious armor from the Far East, they're swiped by some unscrupulous sneaks…

We may push the patience of our Far Eastern patrons past breaking point, kupo...
    The three nations can't afford to let our incompetence invite an international incident.

But how can they do this, kupo!?
    Think of the children! That's what the Feast of Swords is all about, kupo! They'll be so disappointed...

And we've stockpiled all these "ibushi shinai" for the participants to play with...

I'd completely forgotten, kupo!
    If the three nations withdraw their support, how are we supposed to pay for those!? We must meditate on a method to save our salar—er, I mean, save the festival for all the good little girls and boys, kupo!

I have it, kupo!
    Instead of waiting for permission to borrow the armor from the Far East, I say we trick those unscrupulous sneaks into acquiring the suits and bringing them back for us, kupo!

You mean you want them to stea—
    I mean "acquire", kupo!
    And as soon as they try to enter the three nations wearing their ill-gotten gains, a righteous rabble wielding our wooden weapons will fall upon them, kupo! It will be the greatest Feast of Swords in history!

We use those ubiquitous brigands to our advantage, kupo...

The Far East is grateful, and the three nations impressed...

And the M.H.M.U. reaps the rewards!

B-but who do we send against these dastardly desperados?

Curses, kupo! I hadn't thought about that!

Well, obviously we <mumble, mumble, mumble>, kupo!

Oh! Of c-c-course, kupo!
    And so we just...kupopo!

Kupopopo!!

Kupopopopo!!!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/top...gs/mogim02.jpg
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Participating in the Feast of Swords

1. Receive a special wooden katana (ibushi shinai) from a Moogle in any of the following areas:
    Southern San d'Oria / Northern San d'Oria
    Bastok Mines / Bastok Markets
    Windurst Waters / Port Windurst

2. Equip the wooden katana and speak to one of the Nomad Moogles in the following areas to receive a Moogle Magic enchantment:
    West Ronfaure / East Ronfaure / La Theine Plateau / Jugner Forest
    Batallia Downs / North Gustaberg / South Gustaberg / Konschtat Highlands
    Passhow Marshlands / Rolanberry Fields / West Sarutabaruta / East Sarutabaruta
    Tahrongi Canyon / Meriphataud Mountains / Sauromogue Champaign

3. Team up with other adventurers and beat the living daylights out of those thieving brigands! The more you use the enchantment on your ibushi shinai to absorb the brigands' weapon skill, the more you may find fortune smiling upon you!

4. Thrust (trade) your ibushi shinai into the ground near the “???” mark that appears after one of those villains is defeated. Who knows? Your deeds may just earn you a rare relic!

Heed the four rules of Moogle Magic...

1. Moogle magic will increase your movement speed, but lower your level to 1.
    2. All equipment higher than level 2 will automatically be removed at this time.
    3. While under the moogles' spell, you will not be able to attack regular monsters—but they will not be able to attack you either.
    4. The magic will wear off the instant you leave the area or log out.

Festival Schedule

The festivities begin at 01:00 on April 28, 2007 (PDT) and are scheduled to continue until 01:00 on May 7.
    /cue "Not this shit again"

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raiya Li'aurellia
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Feast of Swords (04/21/2008)

zzzzzz

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Rai
    4. Thrust (trade) your ibushi shinai into the ground near the “???” mark that appears after one of those villains is defeated. Who knows? Your deeds may just earn you a rare relic!
    fuck yea-amanomurakumos for everyone!

Ashira

Quote Originally Posted by algrensan
    fuck yea-amanomurakumos for everyone!
    fuck yea - BLU/PUP/COR/DNC/SCH AF2 for everyone!

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I'm looking forward to it, I like the silly little events like this

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    I like them too, just not the same recycled ones over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

beat the living daylights out of those thieving brigands!
    Made me laugh.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    I like them too, just not the same recycled ones over and over and over and over and over and over and over.
    Seriously, is it too much to ask for them to add a new seasonal event after re-using the same ones for 2 years+ ?

You know it would be cool if SE not only made new seasonal events but added rewards that would actually be useful outside of those events. Like cool gear and such etc.

/dream off

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Seriously, is it too much to ask for them to add a new seasonal event after re-using the same ones for 2 years+ ?
    They wouldn't be seasonal events if they weren't the same event (albeit with new twists) each year. That's like saying we can't do fireworks, parades, and flags on the 4th of July because we did that last year.

I enjoy this event for the sole reason that i can dress up in my full sam af2 and run around in low level zones messing with people.

assburgers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan
    I enjoy this event for the sole reason that i can dress up in my full sam af2 and run around in low level zones messing with people.
    Win!

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe
    They wouldn't be seasonal events if they weren't the same event (albeit with new twists) each year. That's like saying we can't do fireworks, parades, and flags on the 4th of July because we did that last year.
    No one is asking SE to take pumpkins and ghosts out of Halloween. We can still have pumpkins and masks on Halloween, just change the way they're represented in game. Spamming costumes for this:
    On Darksday, Facing SSW, 2% New Moon, Darksday, Leap Year, During a Year of a National Election

Enmity -1
    is really redundant. At least have us do something else. Run around East Sarutabaruta with costumes scaring little Taru kid NPC or something. HEY THERE'S A GOOD IDEA AND IT TOOK ME 14.3 SECONDS TO COME UP WITH!

I love this event <3 Its a lot better than the other ones (hai thar Valentoines and Harvest Festival) plus its one of the only capped stoneskin appreciation events.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

This probably falls under "arguing semantics", but I don't think "seasonal event" means "do exactly the same shit over and over again". It's more like "events that are based on the appropriate theme for the season".
    Yeah, there'll always be eggs in an easter event but that doesn't mean that I should have to collect those stupid letter eggs every year.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

This post just made me want to level SAM.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

The only thing about this event that is good is you can move your mules to jueno with no agro ,other than that an update and new event now and then would be nice.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

This probably falls under "arguing semantics", but I don't think "seasonal event" means "do exactly the same shit over and over again". It's more like "events that are based on the appropriate theme for the season".
    Yeah, there'll always be eggs in an easter event but that doesn't mean that I should have to collect those stupid letter eggs every year.
    Thats what I was trying to say with my post. Thanks.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

they need to bring back the event where the buffalo would smack you across multiple zones...best event ever

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Max™
    Win!
    Hory shit, why didn't I ever think about this?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast