+ Reply to Thread

Thread: C-shtick problem     submit to reddit submit to twitter

AkashiXI

C-shtick problem

So I've had my C-stick set as Attack for about a week now and occasionally my character will jump/hop/double jump when I use it. I can't figure out why it does this, so can anyone enlighten me please?

Re: C-shtick problem

Happens to me as well. I'm pretty sure C-stick wasn't meant for anything other than smash attacks, so it kinda freaks out when you use it for specials or attacking.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

If you're in a state where you couldnt normally attack and you hit the tilt stick it will force you into a jump. To see this for yourself, dash then pivot and hit the c stick immediately, it will force a jump since the only things you can do out of a pivot are grab or jump.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I'll go test this for you in a second but I believe turning Tap-Jump off fixes this problem...brb while I go check.

Also, why set the C-stick for Tilts? Or are you a Samus user? (In which case I can totally understand it)

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

I do it because im heavy handed.

AkashiXI

Quote Originally Posted by Tsutsumiko
    I'll go test this for you in a second but I believe turning Tap-Jump off fixes this problem...brb while I go check.

Also, why set the C-stick for Tilts? Or are you a Samus user? (In which case I can totally understand it)
    I use Ike/TL/Sonic, and all three can benefit from tilts. Ike especially

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsu Kiyome
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by AkashiXI
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsutsumiko

I use Ike/TL/Sonic, and all three can benefit from tilts. Ike especially
    I know they all benefit from tilts .... but yeah I guess I'm just better at tilting then Smashing.

I have difficulty Smashing but have no problem doing Tilts... it's strange. I use Z-Sticking for charged Smashes mostly. I also don't use Tap Jump.

And... turning Tap Jump does not stop the auto-jump from occurring.

Honorary Wanglad
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaist Vaughn
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Of the tilts for Ike the two most useful for him in my eyes are his forward and up tilts and I don't have a hard time using either. I've really incorporated using the c-stick to smash in my play style as it just felt really off using the c-stick for tilts. But, one of the things I did notice while trying it out was that with the c-stick set to attack my down air on Ike wouldn't cause me to fall faster at all which made meteor smashing a bit safer so that was nice.