Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1. #1
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Hello!

    I normally like to farm the Antican Sectutors in Western Altepa Desert because not only do they drop kindred seals, they also drop a fairly decent amount of gil and items and they're pretty squishy so it doesn't take long to kill them quickly. So I was wondering though if there were a better place to farm for seals. Off of the top of my head, I'm thinking of Kuftal as I spent time there breaking some latents, seals dropped pretty easily, but there are usually quite a few people there either in exp parties, breaking latents as I had done before, or skilling up.

    Any other decent places if you don't mind sharing?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    11,736
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Depending on your level, Crabs in Kuftal Tunnel work, or The Boyahda Tree.

    Colibri, Spiders in Wajaom/Bhaflau work also.

    Crabs would probably be safest, No annoying TP Moves etc, and the Evasion Bonus/hHP+ with Signet is nice.

  3. #3
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,417
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    outside al zahbi. Spiders and shit.

  4. #4
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    48
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    I agree w/ the Spiders outside of Al Zahbi. You can get Kindred Seals and make a bit of cash w/ the webs too.

  5. #5
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Awesome! Thanks for the replies.

    Currently I'm a MNK75 and I usually sub THF for treasure hunter. I don't think I've been to Boyahda Tree yet and I've never thought to farm in ToAU areas. I'll definitely give it go this weekend. Sometimes I get lucky and get a few increases toward the next guard skillup too, but getting a lot of seals is my goal for now. :o

  6. #6

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    lvl bst? ^^
    seriously though, bst is the best tool for farming ks since there are so many places an EM pet can be found feet from EP victims. charm a mob, roll through half a dozen mobs, lather rinse repeat.

  7. #7
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    399
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Find gobbie pets (not WoTG area) that do not con as too weak, kill. Normally you can avg about 10 seals (BS and KS) a hour, if not more. Plus you can get some xp off them.


    PS Please don't overrun a camp if someone is soloing the pet, thanks

  8. #8

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Karakul in Mire.
    They drop Meat/Skins/Seals.

    Skin > Leather synth is pretty low Leathercraft iirc.

    They'll be squishy as hell to your MNK and the Chigoes they pop also drop Seals from time to time as well as Blood which NPCs decently.

  9. #9

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Anything that drops and you can kill lots of really fast works well.

    If you can make money at the same time, it's a win-win.

  10. #10

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    While I don't know for sure if THF helps with BSeal/KSeal drops, as a Monk, you can easily solo Easy Prey skeletons. You can find some in Garliage or Eldieme, as well as right near the exit to Windy Walls from Torr. Canals. You can also get coffer keys from some of these too. The Skeles in the basement of Garliage are very easy as a mnk/nin. Its been a while since I tried Torr. Canals.

    These have an advantage of very few other people in the area, so little to no competition for monsters.

  11. #11

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Quote Originally Posted by pyra_caitsith
    While I don't know for sure if THF helps with BSeal/KSeal drops, as a Monk, you can easily solo Easy Prey skeletons. You can find some in Garliage or Eldieme, as well as right near the exit to Windy Walls from Torr. Canals. You can also get coffer keys from some of these too. The Skeles in the basement of Garliage are very easy as a mnk/nin. Its been a while since I tried Torr. Canals.

    These have an advantage of very few other people in the area, so little to no competition for monsters.
    There are several pots down there that die fast too. I levelled my NPC down there for ages.

  12. #12
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    68
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Wow! Thanks for the replies everyone! It's more than I could have asked for!

  13. #13
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    807
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    bats/bombs at friar rush

  14. #14
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    885
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    a tip: only 1 seal (bs or ks) can drop every 5min per 1-6 players.

    (some people are going to disagree with this but they won't be able to provide a screenshot)

  15. #15
    My Little Ixion
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    8,069
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Olorin Bustyoas
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Qiqirn mobs in Alzadaal are typically pretty good at dropping K-Seals. I'll go up there to solo a merit on my BLM once in a while and come back with at least five of em... takes a couple hours though, longer if you don't have an EXP band active.

  16. #16

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    a tip: only 1 seal (bs or ks) can drop every 5min per 1-6 players.

    (some people are going to disagree with this but they won't be able to provide a screenshot)
    thought the conclusion from that thread was that it was per party and based off killshot. didn't someone do an alliance of 2 players and demonstrate 2 ks in a pool? maybe my memory's foggy. and yeah, this is probably going to light off a powder keg. i didn't believe it at first, but i started tracking it and it's remarkable how accurate it is. (for the record, bs and ks are on separate timers, so it's possible to get 2 different seals back to back, but not 2 similar i believe.) people are free to believe what they want though. either way i get way more than you on bst! RAWR! ^^

  17. #17
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    49
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Recently I camped some Katana & spell dropping NMs in Den of Rancor in the evenings, and was killing all the EP bats and Tonberries there. I found I got a shed load of BS and KS (about 120 of each) by the end of the week. Nobody else there so easy mob claims. I did this as MNK/NIN and then as COR/NIN with NPC healer (COR/NIN works nice with NPC healer now that you can give them Evokers roll).

  18. #18
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,157
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    a tip: only 1 seal (bs or ks) can drop every 5min per 1-6 players.

    (some people are going to disagree with this but they won't be able to provide a screenshot)
    thought the conclusion from that thread was that it was per party and based off killshot. didn't someone do an alliance of 2 players and demonstrate 2 ks in a pool? maybe my memory's foggy. and yeah, this is probably going to light off a powder keg. i didn't believe it at first, but i started tracking it and it's remarkable how accurate it is. (for the record, bs and ks are on separate timers, so it's possible to get 2 different seals back to back, but not 2 similar i believe.) people are free to believe what they want though. either way i get way more than you on bst! RAWR! ^^
    Does this count if a treasure pool is not involved? As in, the coins drop straight to your inventory. I could swear I've gotten KS or BS both back to back while soloing, but I have no evidence.

  19. #19

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wizerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio
    Quote Originally Posted by Pergo
    a tip: only 1 seal (bs or ks) can drop every 5min per 1-6 players.

    (some people are going to disagree with this but they won't be able to provide a screenshot)
    thought the conclusion from that thread was that it was per party and based off killshot. didn't someone do an alliance of 2 players and demonstrate 2 ks in a pool? maybe my memory's foggy. and yeah, this is probably going to light off a powder keg. i didn't believe it at first, but i started tracking it and it's remarkable how accurate it is. (for the record, bs and ks are on separate timers, so it's possible to get 2 different seals back to back, but not 2 similar i believe.) people are free to believe what they want though. either way i get way more than you on bst! RAWR! ^^
    Does this count if a treasure pool is not involved? As in, the coins drop straight to your inventory. I could swear I've gotten KS or BS both back to back while soloing, but I have no evidence.
    i believe so. the testing originally postulated that it simply made a check if there was a BS or KS in the pool, so a group experimenting would lot any bs/ks in the pool immediately to try to push it out but they still found a delay between drops. if you have a photographic counter example though, i would be fascinated to see it (and that's not sarcasm, btw. if you can disprove it, that would be very interesting to me as i'd have to go back and reformulate my ideas.)

  20. #20
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    144
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Re: Reliable place to farm kindred seals?

    I was a strict believer in this, thats why I shit a brickwhen i saw 2 of the SAME type of seal in the treasure pool, I have a SS, what I do not remember is if it was in an alliance or just a party. I will post when i get home from work

Similar Threads

  1. Best place to farm Aern organs and other organ drop rates?
    By Antithesis in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 2009-02-27, 08:58
  2. beastman/kindred seals
    By macbain24 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2007-03-25, 09:55
  3. Kindred Seals
    By Airshort7 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2006-06-19, 16:39
  4. Best to farm for each Staging Point (Assault)
    By BRP in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 2006-06-15, 14:54