Originally Posted by Lordwafik
Technically we're both doing it wrong!Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Originally Posted by Lordwafik
Technically we're both doing it wrong!Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Does anybody else read this as the next update being 3 new missions, while the rest of it being "tweaks"?We are pleased to announce that the next FINAL FANTASY XI version update has been scheduled to take place in early June. The addition of compelling new missions to the Wings of the Goddess storyline will form the "heart" of this update.
You do realize that this standard specifies Month-Day not Day-Month, right? The US seems to be doing this already, the only difference is where we stick the year. It's the Europeans who are most blantantly ignoring the standard by putting the day before the month.Originally Posted by Liquidedust
TBH it is more "everyone is doing it right based on their own countries standards", hence why it is recommended to use ISO 8601 when something is adressed internationallyOriginally Posted by Izzy
(since ISO dates are very unlikely to misunderstood).
This has to do with how we say dates as in "the 25th of April" instead of "April 25th" and has been up until recently considered "letter standard" e.g. you write it out as 25/4 -08.Originally Posted by Khamsin
Maybe Kama will be D&D style for MNK: Weapons that use your Martial Arts traits but have their own effects
HA
Hmmmm, predictions for Scholar merits:
Enhanced Dark/Light Arts Effect (+2 skill per merit, would be nice for making scholar effective on HNMs)
Enhanced Sublimation (+1% per merit, Increases MP % cap for sublimation)
Strategem Charge Casting Time (-2 seconds per merit)
Modus Veritas Casting Time (-20 seconds per merit)
I'm all for Nyzul Relics, and hard missions. However, they need to make them hard, and not frieking annoying. Making things "hard" by putting a level cap on them is just annoying. Making things hard by making giant badass mobs (new ones, not reskinned preferably) that require reacting and thinking on your feet is fun.
Honestly, there is too much variance in how powerful people are at 75. To make things challenging for people here excludes too many others. It becomes underwhelming for some and overwhelming for others. Level caps level the playing field a ton. It's not 'just annoying', it creates the situations for actual challenge and not RPG grind challenge.Originally Posted by Caudle
Now, I think they should have come up with better solutions for equipment under caps, but they worked very well for what they were supposed to do.
Why can't you do that now?Originally Posted by Bakthi
Because he wants to keep the hat out?Originally Posted by Gergall
Pretty sure Sublimation cap has nothing to do with your MP. It's a strait 25% of your max HP. Sublimation will tick away until it has stored 25% of your current max HP not counting HP<-->MP conversion gear. Technically a Galka MNK/SCH could possibly store over 500 MP using Sublimation even though they'd have a pool of less than 100. I'm guessing you meant to increase the HP % cap, but I wanted to throw that out there to be sure.Originally Posted by Kimiko
People that look back fondly on COP probably don't recall the 5 years of pointless running between each mission
If WOTG missions are like COP missions without the senseless running I'm all for it, but seeing as how we've had to run on foot for every single outpost in the past I'm not getting my hopes up.
I'm sure the merits in SCH and DNC will probably be only teir I until SE decides to add Tier II until later.
Dancer could use a few slight buffs in Dagger Skill. Being a melee job with a weapon skill rating so low imo isn't helping it out much. It's fun exping with dnc but I wouldn't level it even tho I have maxed dagger merits myself.
They tried two other alternatives to pure level caps:Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
1. Pathos (Salvage)
2. Random Dungeons (Nyzul, Einherjar)
Really just boils down to those 3 ways of creating a 'challenge' - since creating a fearsome HNM/event might go into AV-land.
Wow, stop bitching about the date. It doesn't fucking matter guys, lol >_>
not even a mention of new content....
gorgeous SE...
Well I was just talking about for missions >_> But yeah, those did work.Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
I really liked the alexander BC difficulty, I hope that every BC would be as hard as that in WoTG (wotg final fight would be harder of course)
Alex was kind of surprising.
Went from random pickups blowing everything completely out of the water, to 42 being a little tricky, to failing utterly until we brought in someone who had done the Alex fight and had some idea of what to expect, and still taking three tries due to a couple mistakes (and the one run where he used that Gospel healing move every single fucking chance he got, so we only had him at 10% when we timed out) but being a satisfying victory.
It was kind of reversed from how CoP was, where the 8-3 Pots were waaaaaaaaaaaaaay harder than Promathia.
I just want moar missions, the rest of the new AN sets with at least one awesome new toy, and northlands added at least.