+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amitryptaline     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Amitryptaline

Anyone ever use this drug before?

I have been off work for 1 month now, and was prescribed this today by my GP telling of how it would solve my nerve problem. I have a slipped disc hitting my nerve all the time. I was prescribed the 25mg tablets, and was unsure of how strong they were. Removing the instructions from the box, it said the recommended dose is 75mg per day. I returned to work today after my long leave, hoping the nerve wouldn't play up. Around about 10am this morning, I took 1. An hour later or so I felt stoned, without the confusion I guess. Mediocre relief I thought to myself, can't be that strong. I took another about 11.

Noon came, and so did the buzz. It arrived in a thunderous fashion with full blown trips. I had to leave work due to how seriously fucked up I got. When I arrived home, I was lying in bed with my gf and "dozed" off. But the strange thing is, I could still see vividly, I could even see a full blown msn convo I had before I dozed off, and could even read it word for word this was like 4PM. About another hour later, I was still lying in bed but managed to kind of play GTA4 for about 10min before slippin off to sleep again. This time it was like nothing I'd ever experienced before, well except one time with salvia. It was like astral projection, I felt as I was looking down on me and my gf in bed and I could see my room exactly how it was.

It's now 11 o'clock and everythings coming to normal.

Anyway the reason for asking this is has anyone else ever used this for pain relief and had an almost full blown 7 hour trip? I'm not sure if my body is succeptable to the drug or if it is generally is so potent. If it is, I don't think I could do that again lol

Vuitton

Re: Amitryptaline

Apparently its an anti-depressant and not a pain killer, although it does have uses for pain. Its also used to treat insomnia it appears. I suggest you read:

http://www.lieberson.com/en/neuro_medic ... elavil.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amitriptyline

I suggest contact your doctor about this for a different drug.

Side Effects: Every medicine can cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Tell your doctor or pharmacist if any of the following occurs: Nausea; vomiting; constipation; appetite loss; stomach pain or cramps; diarrhea; confusion; seizures; anxiety; weakness; drowsiness; nightmares; fatigue; headache; incoordination; dizziness; pounding in the chest; increased or decreased blood pressure; fast heartbeat; rash; flushing; hives; sensitivity to light; sweating; swelling of testicles; changes in sex drive; breast enlargement; milk production in females; blurred vision; fever; ringing in ears; weight changes; fluid retention; changes in blood sugar levels; unusual bruising; inflammation of mouth; hair loss; sleeplessness; restlessness; tremor; delusions; hallucinations; hypomania or mania; disorientation; panic; dizziness or lightheadedness when rising quickly from a sitting or lying position; numbness or tingling in arms or legs; black tongue; fainting; peculiar taste in mouth; abnormal skin sensations; sore throat; small red spots under the skin; impotence; enlarged pupils; activation of psychosis; proneness to falling; difficulty moving; involuntary movements; slurred speech; changes in urination; dry mouth.
    I underlined what sounded like potential things you experienced.

Also, you should read this about the "Activation of Psychosis" side effect, which describes basically what you experienced:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosis

Banned.

BG Level

I need a prescription for this?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bro Teampill
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I was prescribed that for insomnia. I don't remember the dosage, and I'm too lazy to walk upstairs to check. I don't ever remember anything like what you mentioned. I do get incredibly tired on it though, and can easily sleep 10-14 hours on it. I really dislike the way I feel the day after taking it. It feels like I'm exhausted and all I want to do is sleep.

Sounds like a k-hole. Well the 'astral projection' part.

Ksandra Needs To Post Tits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    I've never had a K-Hole feel like an Astral projection..

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Odon
    Quote Originally Posted by shihei
    I've never had a K-Hole feel like an Astral projection..
    You're doing it wrong.

And to the OP, send it to me please, I'll make good use of it.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just woke up there, I was tripping still at about 2 am this morning. Now I feel as if I've just took about 10 vallium, exhausted completely, and I have an hour at the physio soon orz

I use recreational drugs often, and I would say I have a relatively good tolerance level for it, but that was crazy. I think I was just a bit shocked because it was a prescription drug and I took it in work, wasn't prepared for it one bit.

What's a k-hole? lol

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

ketamine

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

It was like a watered down version of that then. Could still move, and trips only happened with my eyes shut lol

I have had a similar experience before on mushrooms. Granted I took a vary large dose and was hoping to have a very intense trip. I took 7 grams of a medium grade strain and have never had a more bazaar time. I could see myself laying on the floor and was looking down on myself like I was floating through the air. An out of body experience. There were times throughout the trip I asked my girlfriend if I was dead. I really felt as if I had died. She would continue to tell me I was on shrooms.

At one time I had a conversation with someone that wasn't even there. It wasn't like I was just hearing things, the voices were "real" and knew things about my life and what I had done. They were very realistic, and the conversation lasted about 25min.

Although this trip was very spiritual I don't claim to have spoken to god or felt god. But the voice in my head was telling me to take care of myself and seemed to be very disappointed in me.

I have taken shrooms and LSD many many times and this was by far the most frightening.