Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe Sneak and Invisible are 100% effective on normal monsters?

Voters
642. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it has zero chance of failure.

    495 77.10%
  • No, I believe there is a slight chance of detection regardless.

    147 22.90%
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 164
  1. #141
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,895
    BG Level
    7

    Gonna garee on the Kindreds thing.

  2. #142
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    168
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Mia Frost
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I had died in Caedarva Mire, almost by the Tree Camp, and was waiting for my boyfriend to come raise me. He raised me, cured me to full, and then I cast Sneak and Invis on us both. We level synced down to my 63BST, and I resnuck us both, cause it had worn. I ran past a Guard Skeleton, and it started casting on me.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...rdskeleton.png
    Unless they aggro to weakened status, there is no reason it should have aggroed me.

  3. #143
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    183
    BG Level
    3

    Obviously everyone seems to have their stories, but I'll just say from my own experiences, I have never had sneak/invis fail on me in any situation that wasnt a result of lag

  4. #144
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5
    BG Level
    0

    While there is no proof of S/I failing and this isn't exactly on the main topic, but has anyone else seen this happen?

    http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7...3322sp4.th.png

  5. #145
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    632
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I had died in Caedarva Mire, almost by the Tree Camp, and was waiting for my boyfriend to come raise me. He raised me, cured me to full, and then I cast Sneak and Invis on us both. We level synced down to my 63BST, and I resnuck us both, cause it had worn. I ran past a Guard Skeleton, and it started casting on me.
    Can't see your attached pic at work. What was it casting?

    Undead mobs often cast buffs like Blizzard Spikes when not engaged.

  6. #146
    YOU ARE SEARED
    Dungeon Master of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    4,453
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Linktri View Post
    Can't see your attached pic at work. What was it casting?

    Undead mobs often cast buffs like Blizzard Spikes when not engaged.
    It cast Bind on him and then took a swing at him.

    Bluefrost are you sure your HP was full? HP-based mechanics (latent effects, 'blood aggro', etc) are weird, if your hp wasn't actually at full you might have somehow been below the aggro threshold.

  7. #147
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefrostie View Post
    I had died in Caedarva Mire, almost by the Tree Camp, and was waiting for my boyfriend to come raise me. He raised me, cured me to full, and then I cast Sneak and Invis on us both. We level synced down to my 63BST, and I resnuck us both, cause it had worn. I ran past a Guard Skeleton, and it started casting on me.
    Unless they aggro to weakened status, there is no reason it should have aggroed me.
    I can't see your HP in the picture but my first guess would be that you unweakened near the skeleton? You didn't mention how long had gone by in between getting raised and the skeleton aggro.

    EDIT: Hmm, I see you casting sneak in the picture and there's no notice of your weakened wearing off so only thing I can think of is your HP wasn't white somehow.

  8. #148
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Karshe View Post
    EDIT: Hmm, I see you casting sneak in the picture and there's no notice of your weakened wearing off so only thing I can think of is your HP wasn't white somehow.
    Maybe he swapped into HP max gear after getting cured to full? When weakened, it doesn't take a whole lot of HP+ gear to take previously full HP to yellow HP. I've gotten myself killed in Nyzul Isle after checking my HP to make sure it was white, then swapping to Running gear (which includes the collective +69 max HP of Goliard Saio and Blood Cuisses) and getting a big helping of wupass from a handful of undead, because my HP percentage dropped into yellow even though my current HP didn't change.

    Or the inverse is also possible -- got any HP down gear that you could have been wearing when you were cured to full and then swapped out of before getting aggro?

  9. #149
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    168
    BG Level
    3
    FFXIV Character
    Mia Frost
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I was at 100% but weakened HP. I am sure of it. Couldn't really take a screen shot of it, as I didn't think I'd get aggro, but I wouldn't run into a bunch of undead at >75%HP.

    No reason to swap gear, as I was just trying to get to Nashmau. I had gotten raised about a minute before. I rested my MP, gave myself a Cure2, & my boyfriend gave me Cure3.

  10. #150
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    884
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhais View Post
    Found my screenshot of it


    elemental started casting shock on me before sneak/invis dropped
    magic aggro from the elemental on invisible, link the smn :Q?

    Perhaps.

    That's what the chat log tells me

  11. #151
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,428
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrish View Post
    magic aggro from the elemental on invisible, link the smn :Q?

    Perhaps.

    That's what the chat log tells me
    try re-reading the chat log. That's not possible by chat log even w/o timestamp, and timestamp absolutely proves otherwise >.>

  12. #152
    #Despair
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,949
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrish View Post
    magic aggro from the elemental on invisible, link the smn :Q?

    Perhaps.

    That's what the chat log tells me
    You do know that PET elementals do not aggro at all, right?

  13. #153
    Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,199
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    I've never had Sneak or Invisible fail me on a non-true detection mob.

    Of course, I don't hang around Kindred Summoners ever.

  14. #154
    Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,695
    BG Level
    6

    Happened to me otw to slime ZNM. Had both sneak and invis, got the ??? and aggro'd a slime. No one believed me I had s/i up ;_; I highly doubt it's just the kindred SMN.

  15. #155
    Cookiez n Leechez
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    421
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I'd never had one of these strange incidents happen to me until now. Backstory is got killed by an imp that I wasn't paying attention to on the way to Arrapago. Reraise, cure to full HP, reapply sneak and invisible, and then get aggro from the Idolater in from on the zone. Started casting Poison II on me as I walked past.

    http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2650/huhpb7.jpg

  16. #156
    Paging Dr. Nat
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    1,800
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Natallon Docere
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    never failed me at all

  17. #157
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    298
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryphen View Post
    I'd never had one of these strange incidents happen to me until now. Backstory is got killed by an imp that I wasn't paying attention to on the way to Arrapago. Reraise, cure to full HP, reapply sneak and invisible, and then get aggro from the Idolater in from on the zone. Started casting Poison II on me as I walked past.

    http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2650/huhpb7.jpg
    Maybe that was yellow hp aggro? Unless the white mage decided you only being hit for 212 warranted a Cure V. I know there have been a couple time i wasn't paying attention to HP and it was just low enough to piss those Idolaters off.

    If you have enough convert HP>MP gear on can that cause low hp aggro?

  18. #158
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    103
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Well he said he had just died and been raised and that 1st cure 3 only did 131 hp.

    The whm probably just saw red hp and went, "omg he's in red hp, I must cure V!!"

  19. #159
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    She was getting cure 5ed because the Qutrub was hitting her. >.>; First cure was out of yellow, 2nd was after being smacked around.

  20. #160
    Cookiez n Leechez
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    421
    BG Level
    4
    FFXIV Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yeah, the first cure III put me back at full HP for weakened state, which was something like 320. Then the thing smacked me after it aggroed and almost one shotted me, so I got a Cure V dumped on me a second or two before I hit the zone line.

    The really odd thing was I had to walk past two qutrubs from where I reraised. The first one completely ignored me and the second one aggroed.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sneak Attack then and now
    By ikariiiii in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2009-12-27, 18:13
  2. Job/subjob and add effect
    By VZX in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-06-25, 11:19
  3. Depopping PH and the effect on Lottery NM
    By solsovly in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 2006-07-07, 19:41