Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    New Merits
    BG Level

Jailer of Prudence/Love questions

My ls is relatively small, and this is the first sea ls for a large majority of us, and we're about to finish off our first Jailer of Love pop set, if we can take Jailer of Prudence. My biggest concern about these two jailers is our lack of BLMs. We currently only have 3-4 BLMs at our disposal, and the only other member in our shell with extensive jailer experience says we need about 6-8 of them and they'll need to zombie it. Of course, he's fucking retarded ("BLMs are always going to die a lot when you kill jailers, there's no way around it", "You have to zombie Ultima with BLMs", "I don't need -mdmg% gear for CB, I have Shellra V") so I never take anything he says at face value. My next concern would our total lack of experience. Jailer of Love is himself a joke, but it is a pretty big mile stone for a small group like us, so I wouldn't want to let overconfidence or something stupid that was entirely avoidable.

I was thinking we could use a pair of tanks to hold the first prudence while we whittle it down with our 3-4 BLMs and Melee use stored tp on it when it's not in PD. We could use a THF to kite the other away and hold it, or would it be better to gear the THF for EVA and have it hold the second with EVA tanking?

My biggest concern with Jailer of Love is the pet spawns. How many BLMs will we need to clear them out in one volley? We only have 3-4 BLMs so this is my biggest concern.

Re: Jailer of Prudence/Love questions

4 well geared BLMs can work fine for JoL summons. there's a pretty decent chunk of time between spawns for them to rest, buff, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by chapstick
    4 well geared BLMs can work fine for JoL summons. there's a pretty decent chunk of time between spawns for them to rest, buff, etc.
    Last JoL I did, we had an add party of SCH and 4 BLMs. With enforced thunder weather, because I was BLM/WHM and the other three were BLM/RDM, the majority of my spells didn't finish casting because the mobs were already dead. It also meant mp was always comfortable. Wafik was on SCH/RDM doing aoe gravity to pull. Worked very nicely.

Prudence: Have a THF pop them and run away. Have the THF and a RDM hold one of them at a distance (there is some bushes someplace to kite around) while a PLD peels off the other. Kill this first one, they share TP, so when one WS, so does the other. This actually makes it easier for the kiters, in a way. BLM, RNG, and other DD that can run in and WS are your best bet for killing this. TBH BLM isn't your concern on JoP, keeping up with heals is. Once the first one is dead the second one becomes super mean and is non stop attacking for decent numbers. A constant barrage of Cure III may be needed to keep your PLD alive.

JoL pops (3)? sets of each kind of mob before it ONLY pops phuabo. Once it only pops puhabo you can haev 2 NIN and a RDM hold 2 of the 3 at a distance and not kill them. Then it will only pop 1 at a time, there should be no issue in 3-4 BLM killing 1 phuabo every 5 minutes. Just make sure you have the DD to kill JoL.

put someone who can survive for like 5-10 seconds outside party, they pop it, sac puller (thf or nin, in our case we use two just to make sure it goes far enough), person who popped it joins main alliance and tank vokes it, kiter makes it as far as they can then second kiter takes it and goes even further (if you use two), then start a countdown for 3 minutes, the 2nd copy wanders back slowly and after 3 minutes pass, it despawns and the first one opens its mouth. kill the remaining copy, receive drops

New Merits
    BG Level

Ok, so will the second one take double damage like all the other Hpemde when he opens his mouth? Does it recieve an hp boost like the Central Temenos 1st Floor pairs?

Sorry if these are stupid questions, I've never fought it and I just want to be sure of things before we run in too blindly.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

JOP Give em no TP and they don't do WS. I am not sure if that's how Wop did his 8 man JOP, he won't tell me if that's his strat >.> but I have had success w/ this strategy.

Aside from that, if you are going zerg then a SCH, COR, two BRD/BLM and ES Troub Ltng Therendy (spelling). Therendy sticks pretty easy anyways, but ES in case your BRD's have a fluke resist

Oh and RDM/NIN, THF/NIN duo can hold the second copy for evah.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Just some information, take it however you please.

Anyone in the alliance of the person who pops Jailer of Prudence will be put on the hate list if they are within Jailer of Prudence's detection range when it's popped. It can make them appear to have an odd form of shared hate, but it's simply caused by nearly every action drawing enmity to both of them(cures especially). If this isn't dealt with correctly or ignored, it can cause seriously trouble and wipe you. The best way to avoid it is by having whoever is popping it drop from alliance before doing so.

Both Jailers of Prudence will weaponskills in tandem with the other as long as they are within 50 yalms of one another.

They do not have increased movement speed. However, when popped or initially aggroed, they have a short duration semi flee effect. Thus, a THF with enhanced movement speed can pop it, use flee, and run to the rock at L-10 to kite it indefinitely. Be careful though, if the distance between the kiter and Prudence exceeds 50 yalms, it will warp to them and typically execute a weaponskill. This can sometimes be fatal, so it's best to try and avoid it.

What we typically do is have a THF pop Prudence flee to L-10 while we grab one and start killing it. If you have a good THF, it's possible to kite without any support. Once the first one is dead, he brings the second back to us and we kill that one. 3-4 BLM should be fine for Prudence. I recommend only using Tier III spells, especially on the second one. It's frustrating and tiring when an overzealous BLM MPKs half of the alliance.

As far as JoL goes, it's possible to do with 4 BLM. The phaubos will easily go down with 4 mediocre BLM. If you happen to have extremely well geared and merited BLM, you might be able to get away with 3. The xzomits and hpemdes are a bit stronger than the sharks, you'll probably have to do 4x ga III then finish with a ga II or more. BLM should make sure their buffs are always up so Astral Flow or whatever doesn't always kill them.

E. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ysera

I won't say much about Prudence, as I hate that bitch with a fiery passion.

JoL, you should be good on BLMs for the summons. My old ls went through a BLM dry-spell (one BLM in ls... o.o;; ) and for a while they had their hoarde of melees kill the summons instead, then spend their TP on JoL, and had the one BLM (lol) MB.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Some groups straight tank the first and kill it, then kite the second one while nuking it or using ranged attacks with sam/rngs or rangers. I have also heard of groups have BLMs nuke it from the other side of the wall (via Teleport) where Prudence cannot touch the blms essentially and they can take it down steadily straight tanking. Never tried the latter personally or verified it works, just happen to hear about it.

or you can just depop the second one and only have to fight one

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

We just tank both prudences and nuke them down evenly. Usually use 5-6 BLMs but 4 would be sufficient as long as your tanks/healers are decent. Just take it slow and don't pull hate. For love, 4 BLMs are enough to handle adds and usually throw 2 nukes and an aspir on JoL before resting. Like others said, there's a lot of time between summons; he doesn't spit them out constantly like vrtra/justice. The hardest part is making sure no one goes afk/falls asleep and misses their thundaga.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy
    We currently only have 3-4 BLMs at our disposal, and the only other member in our shell with extensive jailer experience says we need about 6-8 of them and they'll need to zombie it. Of course, he's fucking retarded ("BLMs are always going to die a lot when you kill jailers, there's no way around it", "You have to zombie Ultima with BLMs", "I don't need -mdmg% gear for CB, I have Shellra V") so I never take anything he says at face value.
    Wow...

Our shell has always been a bit melee heavy, and we've found 4 BLMs to be our magic number for just about everything, jailers included.

The only thing I wish someone would have told me before my first Prudence is the huge difference in attack speed and attack power after you kill the first copy. We started out kiting the first copy away, just fine and killed the first copy with no problems, and frankly got a little bit overconfident. The only thing I would say for Prudence would be not to underestimate the second dolphin, especially on your first time fighting. The first dolphin will lull you to sleep, and the second one becomes the devil.

There are other things that you can do to take some pressure off your BLMs. Use RNGs if you have them. Have your melee build TP to dump spirits within on the first copy. If you have a reliable SC pair, keep them in full time (we like SAM & THF). If your SC pair is decent, they'll have no problems landing WS's between Perfect Dodge.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Yo, so everyone seems to have this "We kill both prudences because of some unspoken nonsense" Someone please confirm that depopping prudence is as easy as MK says, because if it is I don't see a point in killing both.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Does the first wander back to the ???, and if so, will it link with the other one? So do you need to pull the one you're fighting away from the ???, or will it just depop wherever you die?

it wanders back like a normal hpemde and after 3 minutes pass it depops and the first one opens its mouth, can be zerged down and drops

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

So if the point is, is to get it far enough away from the ??? so it depops before it makes it back?

yep, our kiters normally make it all the way to hope

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What we did today~

A THF with movement speed enhancement popped Prudence, used flee, and then headed towards Sealion's Den. The alliance grabbed one off him while the other followed. Upon zoning into Sealion's Den, the Jailer of Prudence that was following our THF lost aggro on him. After 3 minutes had passed by, that Jailer of Prudence depopped and the copy the main alliance was fighting opened its mouth. We finished off the remaining Jailer of Prudence in about 10 seconds, which gave us full drops.

Best Prudence trick ever. Thanks for the tip.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

while on topic, I was wondering how other people setup their JoLs. We used to fight JoL where he pops and have 3 pullers pull the adds and kill those adds with melee. however, recently we didnt have enough whms show up to heal the melee so we changed to killing the adds with blms.

In order to minimize the number of people needed to kill JoL, we pull it outside its pop area so the blms can -ga the adds without aerns. However, the problem with this strat is that the tanks can barely stand outside the aern area and cant stand far enough from each other to be outside breaka AOE range. both tanks getting hit with breakga at the same time usually results in hate bouncing around for abit.

Is there a way to get around that? (preferably without using any pullers)