Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 95
  1. #21
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas
    Quote Originally Posted by JMunin
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Letting them to go the past is ok, but not letting them in campaign is pretty awesome.
    Implies that they haven't chosen sides, which would make a bit of interesting story, if SE decided to rationalize why.
    It doesn't imply anything like that. If anything, it simply implies that SE just didn't bother with it.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Don't expect FFXI to ever get THAT deep.

  2. #22
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    39,594
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilthas
    Quote Originally Posted by JMunin
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Letting them to go the past is ok, but not letting them in campaign is pretty awesome.
    Implies that they haven't chosen sides, which would make a bit of interesting story, if SE decided to rationalize why.
    It doesn't imply anything like that. If anything, it simply implies that SE just didn't bother with it.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Don't expect FFXI to ever get THAT deep.
    It implies that the lag in Junger Forest S will not be astronomical.

    So where do I go to exp my npc from 66-70? Basically need some easy DC-EM mobs for 75. Wish I could just call him in TOA and solo imps with him :/

  3. #23
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,342
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Oh cool! My npc has been capped at 65 forever so it should ding 66 straight away after uncapping

  4. #24
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Ugh... I like my NPC and all, but the leveling process from 61-65 was pretty long due to the fact that I only used it while skilling up, farming for keys, or breaking latents. I guess I'll have to have some dedicated <3 time with my NPC to finish it off to level 70.

    It should be a lot easier in the past if you can find a good patch of DC-EM to 75 mobs. Sigil bonus ftw.

  5. #25
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tomiko
    Quote Originally Posted by LD
    Quote Originally Posted by LD
    - Extra fellow personalities will be added.
    I wonder what they'll add.
    I hope this is one of these new personalities...

    edit: I suck at typing

  6. #26
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Hurray! It'd be neat to see a party buff personality. Bard NPC or Dancer NPC? Cue NPC bard singing pastoral or gavotte.

  7. #27
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    ++ on personality expansion.

    There's been a need for a personality that does not f'ing enfeeble for a long time.

    Ideally, there would be:

    LV3 healer: uses magic only for enhancing (read: pro/shell/haste) and healing; uses Regen; preferably uses something other than Divine Seal Cure VII at the instant you enter yellow (I dare not hope for auto-refresh)

    LV3 tank: vokes every 30 sec (instead of only when you get aggro), turning it into a viable low-level tank; this would be a GREAT BENEFIT to low-level parties, given the existing tank shortages; auto-refresh is actually a reasonable possibility, here

    LV3 DD: Meditate? Berserk? Seigan? I dunno, LV2 DD is already pretty boss

  8. #28
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    5,930
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan
    ++ on personality expansion.
    Does personality = job on NPC fellows? I forget the terminology. I was under the impression the NPC personality was what they talked about when you met with them at the Rendezvous Point or otherwise conversed with them. My always talks about shopping in Jeuno, I was kind of hoping we could find a new topic of conversation, or she could behave differently during those converations. But new jobs or improved jobs would be significantly better.

  9. #29
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,096
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    This is almost exactly what I wanted for fellows. Now I just wish I could cure them directly as DNC or /DNC instead of having to use Divine Waltz.

  10. #30
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11
    BG Level
    1

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    I may be way off since I've barely touched my npc since Wings came out but cant you use Curing Waltz as long as you supply their name? I'm pretty sure I have a macro that reads /ja "Curing Waltz" Kalokoko somewhere.

  11. #31
    Viq
    Viq is offline
    Let's go Red Sox!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,386
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian
    brb, re-activating my account
    QFT, I Mugido

  12. #32
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,687
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberon
    I may be way off since I've barely touched my npc since Wings came out but cant you use Curing Waltz as long as you supply their name? I'm pretty sure I have a macro that reads /ja "Curing Waltz" Kalokoko somewhere.
    Yeah, this should work.

    If I try to Accomplice my NPC through the menu, I can't (menu subtarget system will not target NPC), but if I type /ja "Accomplice" <ft>, it'll work without a hitch (of course, Accomplice doesn't actually do anything when used on an NPC, but that's a separate issue).

  13. #33
    Champion of the House of Weave
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,123
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bakthi
    This is almost exactly what I wanted for fellows. Now I just wish I could cure them directly as DNC or /DNC instead of having to use Divine Waltz.
    Not sure when they fixed it, but you can cure them with it. I was able to do so as Pld/Dnc when I was skilling up in Boyahda Tree. I just used <stpc> then targeted my NPC.

  14. #34
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,192
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    My only complaint about these NPC updates is that they should have happened a very long time ago. NPC's should be 75 with merits by now. As far as I'm concerned, SE are just being lazy.

  15. #35
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    152
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    This makes sense. Skip ToAU not to fuck with 55+ and merit camps, and also give more people an incentive to head back to the past for more than just campaign exp leeching. There are a TON of great solo/farming camps in the past just waiting to be exploited...

  16. #36
    Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,322
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Like already stated, here's hoping for final armor lock. Along those lines, anyone know what the new armor they added was? I haven't really looked into them.

  17. #37
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,096
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Aha. I had only tried to do Curing Waltz via the menu; I guess this is another one of those quirks (or maybe they fixed it since I tried it, but that wasn't very long ago). Thanks for the correction.

  18. #38
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,656
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Change the recast on the fellow pearl to 20 min, make them stay out unlimited, and get rid of the 30% exp loss. Then I'd actually care about putting the effort in leveling one up.

    Also did they fix it so that the NPC can buff and cure party members? I read it was just that they could receive buffs and cures from party members but it'd be nice if they could be a back-up healer or something like that in a party.


    Also having the option to toggle certain spells on and off would be very nice too.

  19. #39
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob
    I could swear I read some interview where they came right out and said they'd bring NPCs to ToAU before they let them in the past.

    Either way, it'll be fun leveling them again.
    There was.
    http://forums.ffxiclopedia.org/viewtopic.php?t=5032

    The adventuring fellows cannot access Aht Urhgan zones. We brought this up at the summit March but did not get a good answer. Are there plans to give Adventuring Fellows access to more zones?

    The answer that you got back in March had to do with the party situation. Once that is solved, we believe that they will gain access to these zones. As for them being able to go back to the past, they will be able to go to Aht Urhgan before they go back to the past - but it's not a never type of answer.
    Which just implies what most people already had figured. That SE can say and do whatever the hell it wants, whenever it wants. Guess they changed their mind. It would seem natural then for them to raise the cap to 75 whenever they allow them to be used in AU.

  20. #40
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    449
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)

    Colibri camp is annoying enough when there is more than 2 parties wanting to xp there.... imagine now if you have a bunch of people there all solo xping with their npcs. I think we are better off not seeing fellows in the East untill there are some comparible xp camps added to the game.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Job Adjustments and Additions Part II (03/30/2009)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 866
    Last Post: 2009-04-09, 08:49
  2. Job Adjustments and Additions Part I (03/26/2009)
    By Psion in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 657
    Last Post: 2009-04-01, 20:35
  3. New Additions and Changes to Campaign (05/22/2008)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 2008-05-30, 10:20
  4. Adjustments and Additions to Fellows (02/26/2008)
    By Rai in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 267
    Last Post: 2008-02-29, 19:04