BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Scitalis Info     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Scitalis Info

Didnt want to necrobump the New NM topic, but I was planning on heading out and trying to get 1-2 Saurain Helms. There wasnt too much info on the fight itself, and wiki is kinda gimp xD. What I was wondering is how I should go about the fight (+ popping) for total effectiveness, as in what jobs i should recruit and what to expect in the fight. Methods on taking him down would be cool too. I myself will go blu, so whatever a blu can do that works best on him would also help, i.e. nuking via breaths or w/e, sheep songing?, normal /nin dding, /thf cannonballing?, or w/e. Sorry if its a hassle, just like to go prepared, from what I read he just seemed like trouble.^^ Thanks

Re: Scitalis Info

2 RDM/NIN's can duo it by the ponds

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I see, like bind- dot/nuking since gravity fails? And what could I as blu do you think? Thanks for the quick responce also.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I fought this NM the other day and he pretty much whooped our asses. Two BLUs and a NIN and we couldn't really dent him much. You have to keep him slowed and stoneskin or stun is pretty much a necessity if you want to stay alive. So is haste.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

well hes immune to slow gravity and elegy
    Im gona try Thf Tank Rdm backup and me as Blu
    Plz, what was the reason you couldnt dent him? did DD spells miss on multi hits? i was thinking of heat breathing him if that was a problem. and bind spam. Thf accomplises hate off the person w/ the most.

Edit: Popd him after killing 1st placeholder today. We killed w/ Blu Thf Thf Rdm Rdm Whm. The 2 tanks seemed to be key and thf over nin may also have made a difference. Being able to take hate off me especially when hate was pulled helped.
    Dmg on add effect varied from 80-230 unlike the constant 120 wiki said.
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...citalisDmg.png
    and the drops?!
    http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/m...italisKill.png
    =/...

gonna try again if i get the help to come. Whole fight took like 15mins maybe 10... he doesnt seem to have that much hp. Disseverment averaged 500, thf ws' did 400-800 it seemed. Had we not had 2 Thfs it may have been too much for a single one, but I duno for sure.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

BLU+BLU can duo it with some meds but I did it with BLU BLU BLM. Just stun lock it with head butt and it won't be able to touch you. He doesn't have much HP either. BLM was there for silena, para and erase.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Very interesting... i need to try that.

BG Level

Well, in all honesty I was really doing the healing while the NIN did the grunt work... I'm supposing if I had gone on BLU/NIN we would have done much better.

And by dent I mean our normal hits didn't really scratch him. In the future I'll try with a better subjob and try the stunlocking method as well.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I still havnt been able to rally forces for a second try =/.... So... Kuro... Get the drop? >.>

BG Level

Not yet, no.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A blu friend on mine who runs a LS social(?) group of his said he takes a group out and camps this very often, gets drops for those who needs it and sells the rest. Pretty much he gave me the same info I knew; 1hr pop/repopish, use baraero to reduce add effect, high acc, double atks, etc. BUT he said "Scitalis will not pop during any weather effect, such as dark weather, and he will not depop unless weather becomes an issue"... Hmmm I mean this guys killed it alot and no1 that i know of has mentioned this. May be worth taking into consideration, like not camping during a weather. Also GL on your drop kuro if you keep going for it.

He likes to go blu blu blu blu rdm rdm and head butt rape it... said its like 15% drop rate-ish

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Killed it three times with two RDM/NINs. Bind sticks very easily and usually lasts a good length of time, although if you do get the rare crappy-duration Bind it can potentially be very dangerous since it runs extremely fast, hits extremely quickly/hard with lots of double-attacks and, as has been previously established, is immune to Gravity.

I've found that the best way to take it down is to have one RDM cast Blizzard III on it when the other's Bind timer is up. Since it doesn't have much HP and the main threat comes from the odd shitty Bind or Hippogryphs wandering into the area you're kiting it's a good idea to whittle it down steadily but fairly quickly. The first time I fought it both myself and my duo partner died once each due to underestimating how damn hard it hits, however we managed to hold it whilst the other was weakened with little difficulty.

2/3 on the Helm, but a few days after my third kill it seemed people caught on, started camping him and subsequently flooded the AH with Helms that refused to sell. Glad I made a quick mil out of it while I could.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

got it to 30% solo but bind resist fucking pwn'd me >.>; I was so mad.