Beane got fleeced in the Harden deal and Blanton is beyond overrated. Guess he'll be a better fit than lolEaton.
Beane got fleeced in the Harden deal and Blanton is beyond overrated. Guess he'll be a better fit than lolEaton.
Wait... so Blanton is going from an offensively challenged AL West (other than the Rangers) to the NL East where there's a lot of hitting? (Other than the Nats) >.> Makes no sense really.. oh well. IIRC, Blanton got completely destroyed against the D-Backs, who strikeout like no tomorrow. I guess if it's for three prospects that may not even be good, it's an alright deal... they certainly need a guy behind Hamels and Moyer.
From MLB.com, "The A's received second baseman Adrian Cardenas, left-handed pitcher Josh Outman and outfielder Matt Spencer from the Phillies." I don't know the Phillies organization well enough, nor do I want to check baseballamerica.com and pretend I totally knew about these guys, so I have no idea if any of those three guys are worthwhile.
Adrian Cardenas is the only one that might turn out to be a good player. He would have never played for the Phillies tho since they have Chase Utley. So they could afford to lose him
Good trade for the Phillies then considering they gave up almost nothing.
Cardenas is supposedly one of the premier 2B prospects in the minors. Blanton's ERA is almost a run higher on the road since he doesn't have the benefit of the Yosemite National Foul Territory.
Cardenas was the Phils #2 prospect and Outman was their #4. Looks like the Phils got fleeced, odd that they got a way better haul for Blanton than they did with Harden. Also continues Beane's trend of only dealing his pitchers to the NL. He asked some retarded ransom of Cano + Hughes for Harden earlier in the year.
and Ceph since you're a Yankees fan and all, you post at nyyfans.com by any chance? if not, check it out, best message board for Yankee discussion out there.
Those ranking are pretty outdated and most people familiar with the organization don't even have any of them ranked in the top 3. Outman has serious control issues and will never likely pan out to be higher than a #5 starter. Cardenas has lots of potential but was wasting away in their farm system, and Spencer is just a throw in.Cardenas was the Phils #2 prospect and Outman was their #4.
The Phils basically gave up nothing at all for a servicable #4 starter who they have locked up for three years in his prime. They were in no way whatsoever fleeced in this deal unless he turns into another Adam Eaton.
http://www.minorleagueball.com/story.../5/143050/9053
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=7129
Both have Cardenas and Outman in the top 4. I don't see how you can say trading away your best positional prospect along with your best lefty in the minors for mediocrity isn't getting fleeced. He's better than Eaton..but not really a accomplishment. Especially when you compare that to what the Cubs sent away for one of the top 5 pitchers in the AL (when healthy)
What does this even mean? Goldstein and Sickels are pretty well respected in the minor league department, so your typical Phillies fan who follows the farm somehow knows these prospects better? Not claiming both are never wrong and their opinion is fact, but I'll take their word for it.
I don't see how Outman manages to fall out of your top 10 when these two (and I'm guessing others like Law, Callis, etc) would probably rank him in there somewhere.
so like, who thinks the Rangers have a chance against the Yankees?
Shitty pitching usually beats the Yanks, so who knows.
Manny is fucking hilarious, I watched this clip 5 times and laughed harder each time. The look on Theo's face sealed it.
http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/media/v...00807193152731
You see the one where he fucking high fives a fan before doubling up someone? what the shit?! Funny think is Reporters asked Francona about his antics and he basically said as long as they are winning his is willing to look the other way.
The one where he cutoff Damon while diving in shallow LF was probably his best effort.
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/awards/y2004/...ds_blooper.jsp
I don't know if it works, can't play wmv at work.
Some of the best stuff Manny does isn't even on TV. Their last home game before the All-star break saw a pitching change in the 6th or 7th, so Manny ducked into the Green Monster. Those familiar with Fenway know that there's a little hole between the Ball and Strike counters in left. Every 30 seconds or so, Manny would stick something out of that hole. The first time it was his head, next was just his hat. I think he waved his sunglasses out at one point, and then he just started pointing randomly. When he came out of the wall, right before the game resumed, he got a huge ovation. That was one of the funniest Manny moments I've seen in a long time.
Baseballprospectus is free for the week.
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/ar...articleid=7837
..and to stir the Papelbon pot some more
http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/BDD....15.08_bgs.jpg
http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/
Picture's Worth a Thousand Unnecessary Fighting Words
Pap's Gripes About Gotham City May Not Ring Totally True
Closer Was Showing Off Series Ring Along Parade RouteStill feel sorry for him and his wife? (who looks terrified out of her boots) Asides from being a douche, I don't really get why he attempted to play the victim card here and pretty much spew bullshit."Not getting shot." -- Jonathan Papelbon when asked what he was thinking about along the All-Star parade route in New York City last week
I think that's the first time I've seen Papelbon where his mouth didn't look like a slightly-open anus.
Haha. I just think he's your typical, proud guy who's proud of his stuff. He's an awesome closer for sure.. if he wants to show off his ring to his rivals, who cares? I don't, lol.