Game 1 of the World Series tonight, Hamels vs Kazmir.
I'm going way out on a limb here and picking Philly in 5 games.
Game 1 - Phils 4 Rays 2
Game 2 - Rays 7 Phils 3
Game 3 - Phils 5 Rays 3
Game 4 - Phils 8 Rays 7
Game 5 - Phils 4 Rays 1
Granted this is definitely a homer pick, but looking at the matchups I can definitely see it happening. The Rays have a fatal flaw in their pitching staff (like the Dodgers did), and that is too many righties, which the Phils hit far better than lefties. Three of their four starters are righties, and their 1 lefty isn't pitching well and is matched up against Hamels.
The Phils also have a better bullpen and the best closer in baseball this year. If the Rays can't jump ahead to early leads they will lose. I also think the Rays power surge they had in the ALCS will die out and they'll come back to normal.
Either way I think it will be a great series no matter who wins, but Philly is WAY overdue for a title and this is the best chance we've had in a long time.
baseball is such a tough sport to predict scores. im excited for the game tonight, but sadly, i'll be at the flyers game. well, not really sad for me, given hockey is my favorite sport. ill hopefully catch the end of the game
I'm calling a split in Tampa, 2/3 in philly for the phils, then win in tampa for the series in 6 games.
I argued that the match up between phillies bats vs the rays pitchers favored the phils earlier too.
yes for the phils bats. but they have been known to go into slumps when in counts ;_;
The thing is, the whole team doesn't slump. When one person isn't doing well, 2 others pick it up, and when they start to decline, others take the lead. The team will hit this world series.
I hope the Flyers get off the snide, lol.
All of those numbers can be thrown out the window really. The Phillies are coming off of a week's rest (It matters, ask the Rockies), playing in a fast stadium where it matters for the Rays type of baseball, and I sense a blitzkrieg tonight. The Phillies also had to depend on the Mets collapse to get into the playoffs, while the Rays won the toughest division in baseball (in my opinion). That's just some of the reasons I could see the Rays win this in 6 or 7.
Either way, BE MORE THAN FOUR GAMES FOR GOD SAKES! Getting tired of these fucking sweeps.
Well almost first pitch im so excited to watch this series, should be awesome.
Upton guns down victorino at the plate, amazing throw.
Damn, can the media stop sucking TB's dick?
Howard needs to relax and focus on contact, rather than crushing the ball and he'll be killer against the rest of this rotation.
lol...already with the "media needs to stop sucking TB's dick"? They haven't even won the World Series. Get off of it. What they did going from worst to first is amazing.
On the note of Philly winning tonight.. Utley, Hamels, and the bullpen saved their asses. Other than Utley; Rollins, Howard, and Burrell were highly unimpressive. Victorino was pretty good too, but their offense is still struggling. I like Shields against Myers tomorrow night, but the Phillies need to get some more hits. I think they were 0-11 with RISP.
By that, I meant that all the dudes talked about was how great the Rays Bullpen was doing. I'm sorry, even if you're not letting runs in, you're behind in the game. Talk about something like you know, how great the Phillies bullpen was doing at shutting down anything the Rays could muster.
What? Of course the Phillies did, but they only had to work two of the innings, while the Rays had to work an extra inning since Kaz threw like 110 pitches, lol. The Rays did do great from their bullpen considering their collapse in Game 5 of the ALCS.
Now only if Phillies can hold up while hamels is off the next three games. 4-3 Phillies.
i love how people say the bullpen "saved" their ass. isn't that what every bullpen does?