Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Results 201 to 217 of 217
  1. #201
    TB
    TB is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    631
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Meh. LL still gonna be superior.

    And why should I care about Selbina when leveling subs? Dualbox BRD75 and solo to 37 on worms and beastmen pets.

    Still pretty funny to see them changing it. Bercus should have started his interviews 4 years earlier.

  2. #202
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    60
    BG Level
    2

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    Meh. LL still gonna be superior.
    This is correct. I like the ability to auto-pass worthless shit in the treasure pool, so I can fucking jack seals from other players because they have full inventories.

  3. #203
    TB
    TB is offline
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    631
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    We need a thread with "tiny little things that should have been in the game from the beginning" to enslave Bercus to put it under SE's nose. Like alot of gameplay options.

    Stuff like
    "Being able to pass even when you are dead"
    "Being able to automatically pass on anything until the option is turned off"

  4. #204
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by TB
    We need a thread with "tiny little things that should have been in the game from the beginning" to enslave Bercus to put it under SE's nose. Like alot of gameplay options.

    Stuff like
    "Being able to pass even when you are dead"
    "Being able to automatically pass on anything until the option is turned off"
    Sounds like people don't even want those fixes anymore? At least when I look at this thread, it seems that fish ranking updates are more welcome than "little things that shouldve been done from the beginning"

  5. #205
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,008
    BG Level
    7
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan
    Sounds like people don't even want those fixes anymore? At least when I look at this thread, it seems that fish ranking updates are more welcome than "little things that shouldve been done from the beginning"

    I don't really think people are upset with these small changes. People are upset that SE made it frontpage news when things like this could have been ninja'ed in with more important headlines for teasers.

    June 21st makes 7 months since WoTG went live, (if) there is still nothing exciting has happened when this patch release then people should seriously start to worry.

  6. #206
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    8,825
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordender
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyan
    Sounds like people don't even want those fixes anymore? At least when I look at this thread, it seems that fish ranking updates are more welcome than "little things that shouldve been done from the beginning"

    I don't really think people are upset with these small changes. People are upset that SE made it frontpage news when things like this could have been ninja'ed in with more important headlines for teasers.

    June 21st makes 7 months since WoTG went live, (if) there is still nothing exciting has happened when this patch release then people should seriously start to worry.
    Have they always done this "every other day" updating before though? Iirc, before WoTG SE liked to give notes once or twice a week, and every 2 days only like a week before maintenance, but this time the maintenance is still like 2 n half weeks away and we're gettin like 3 updates a week. But I'm not sure if it has been this way all the time, it just feels like we're getting more updates lately. Updates with less content in them, though. But I don't mind it, I've always wanted it to be like this anyway.

  7. #207
    I am a Cockwhistle
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    500
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    I don't think we should be looking for any reason or rhyme to the # of update announcements posted by SE. In the past they've always just done it differently per update. There have been Mon - Wed - Fri teasuers, there have been Tue - Thu teasures, there have been Mon - Tue - Fri teasers. Sometimes they update at 6AM EST, sometimes at 10AM EST, or any time in between.

  8. #208
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    724
    BG Level
    5

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    I'm wondering if I'm the only one who's feeling "up" about this patch. Real fixes to old woes, Nyzul Relic Weapons, and a bunch of other small things. I think this is gonna be the best patch in terms of actual, substantial content we've seen for over a year.

  9. #209
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    89
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutuyu
    I'm wondering if I'm the only one who's feeling "up" about this patch. Real fixes to old woes, Nyzul Relic Weapons, and a bunch of other small things. I think this is gonna be the best patch in terms of actual, substantial content we've seen for over a year.
    They haven't announced an art contest yet, so it's pretty hopeful in my book.

  10. #210
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    All 3 of these changes are player-friendly, useful additions, which should have been in the game all along but are certainly welcome additions.


    I think it's always good to see updates like this that involve removal of stupid time sinks and things that just seem insulting to the players.

  11. #211
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    241
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Supply Quest Records

    As you are no doubt aware, in order to make use of the regional teleport services, it is first necessary to complete a supply quest to the outpost in question. We will be implementing a change wherein along with your mission rank and conquest points, a record of completed supply quests will now be retained even after transferring your allegiance to another nation.
    Holy crap I didn't even notice this until now.

    Finally, I can see the other nation's storylines.

  12. #212
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,330
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Fuck the man support 3rd party windowerz.

  13. #213
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,421
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    influx of new players lol

  14. #214
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Does anyone have any sort of evidence that there aren't new players joining the game?

  15. #215
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Does anyone have any sort of evidence that there aren't new players joining the game?
    People have been saying that for 2 years now, despite evidence to the contrary.

    So no, it's just people thinking they know shit.

  16. #216
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    196
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    I just recently restarted from scratch because of some account issues, and I can say from first-hand experience that there are plenty of noobies without their subjob, leveling their first job, started in the last 2 months, etc.

    And since supposedly the 500,000 subscribers has remained constant, there must be one new player for every old player that quits because of HNM drama.

  17. #217
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    360
    BG Level
    4

    Re: Preview of Adjustments for June Version Update (Part 2)

    idk my only observation is that the stores around me LI/NYC i rarely see any copies of ffxi in stock if at all.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Similar Threads

  1. September Version Update Preview: Part Two (09/03/2008)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 314
    Last Post: 2008-09-20, 12:03
  2. Replies: 169
    Last Post: 2008-05-19, 15:26
  3. June Version Update Notice (04/25/2008)
    By millionsknives in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 334
    Last Post: 2008-04-28, 21:14
  4. Replies: 301
    Last Post: 2008-03-06, 07:47
  5. "Wings of the Goddess" Version Update
    By Eander in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2007-11-21, 19:04
  6. "Wings of the Goddess" Version Update (Nov. 5)
    By Pergo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2007-11-03, 18:18
  7. June Version Update (04/27/2007)
    By Almalexia in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 335
    Last Post: 2007-05-03, 16:34