Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 727
  1. #481
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,659
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahnuld
    Quote Originally Posted by Shassira
    I'm kinda hoping we get a secondary kick animation D: It's gonna be annoying watching the same kick go over and over.
    I've spotted two different kick animations not including Dragon Kick.

    The Normal Kick Attacks motion and the low kick only seen in the Combo and Raging Fists motions.
    Sorta like the two kicks Cactuars use.

    Probably a Low -> Standard kick for Double Attacks.

  2. #482
    Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,841
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Rocl
    He should just masturbate himself to death.


    $10 if you film it and upload it to YouTube.

  3. #483
    Ruke
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,972
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Starless
    Quote Originally Posted by RKenshin
    You know what would really be awesome though, if they made a set of category 3 merits with special aspects about the job. But, after using a merit in this category it would apply to all of your jobs. So for example if they offered another triple attack rate enhancement in THF category 3, meriting it 3/3 there would give all your 75 jobs 3% TA. I know some people will hate the idea of this, and I can understand it, but... I still think it'd be pretty awesome, and something new/different.
    That would be awesome, but I give a big resounding NO to giving the effect to all your 75 jobs. The last thing people need is being laughed at for not having every single DD job up to 75 so you can be the best little DRK you can be. Do you really want to level a job you don't even want to all the way to 75 just so you can have a minor increase? If anything, a final, tier 3 job specific merit should be (IMO) an upgrade to your 2hr, since SE knows what the fuck they're doing now and can make all of them actually generally useful.
    This is why I said most people probably wouldn't like it lol... But really laughing at someone because they don't want to level a job to 75 for a bonus on another job is stupid. It'd be like mocking someone because they don't have a Maat's Cap, which no one does with any seriousness. Even though on many jobs it is the best piece of equipment for at least one use (if not more).

    Being able to merit to improve your 2-hour would be pretty awesome, but also annoying in the fact that well... It'd only benefit your 2-hour, which is once every... 2 hours... I kind of would rather see buffs that always help you, and it helping on 2-hour is just a bonus. Like how warrior's charge can be used for both, etc.

    I still like the idea of a group of job specific merits that apply to all 75 jobs though.

  4. #484
    Zoot
    Guest

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    I think you just want Triple Attack merits for a job that isn't THF :3

    It would have to be an entirely new group of merits. I can't see lullaby recast or convert recast timer being useful to anything but main jobs.

    I get the concept, however, having triple attack available to other jobs would give a huge boost to other damage dealers and leave THF without any significant ways to improve their offense. It would be a little imbalanced. Perhaps I'm neglecting something, but there's just about no other damage alternative even from other jobs category I merits that THF could benefit from if they are dual weilding, or even if they aren't. But I'm also not too knowledgeable on other jobs merits in general.

  5. #485
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoot
    I think you just want Triple Attack merits for a job that isn't THF :3 \
    Who doesn't, it's one of the best merits in the game

  6. #486
    LD
    LD is offline
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,045
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    It's not a horrible concept, but I think it would have to be limited to one, no matter how many 75s you have. That way a player could be unique, which is part of the point of merits (though really, variety rarely occurs) and if they were all as 'good' as the next, no one could force you to level a job to get one over another.

  7. #487
    True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,740
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Dohorehn
    god, how cool would it be if they just made the animation for the kick stance comprise of all three of those... kick, low kick, spin kick, repeat.

    Hyakuretsu Kyaku! Chun-Li ftw.
    idk, I'm more of a fan of LP, LP, ?, LK, HP

  8. #488
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,003
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Omniyoji
    Quote Originally Posted by Dohorehn
    god, how cool would it be if they just made the animation for the kick stance comprise of all three of those... kick, low kick, spin kick, repeat.

    Hyakuretsu Kyaku! Chun-Li ftw.
    idk, I'm more of a fan of LP, LP, ?, LK, HP
    you sir, win. Nyzul Isle Relic ws!!

  9. #489
    Ruke
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    3,972
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoot
    I think you just want Triple Attack merits for a job that isn't THF :3
    I think it'd open up a lot of fun possibilities for all jobs!

    And yeah that's true. <.<

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoot
    It would have to be an entirely new group of merits. I can't see lullaby recast or convert recast timer being useful to anything but main jobs.

    I get the concept, however, having triple attack available to other jobs would give a huge boost to other damage dealers and leave THF without any significant ways to improve their offense. It would be a little imbalanced. Perhaps I'm neglecting something, but there's just about no other damage alternative even from other jobs category I merits that THF could benefit from if they are dual weilding, or even if they aren't. But I'm also not too knowledgeable on other jobs merits in general.
    It would probably have to be a mix of specific and general merits, so that other jobs could potentially get use from them. Like, small amounts of these enhancements:

    BLM: MAB
    WHM: Cure Potency
    RDM: FastCast
    BRD: MagicAcc
    WAR: DA
    THF: TA
    DRK: +Attack (static or maybe a %)
    SAM: Store TP
    DRG: +Acc%
    RNG: +RAcc%?
    MNK: Kick Attacks?
    NIN: Subtle Blow?
    PLD: +Defense%?

    Etc! If the amount of enhancement was on the small side for those merits, I don't think it would be overpowered either even with all jobs at 75.

  10. #490
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,728
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    I think other jobs have enough potential Fast Cast abilities, unless they let RDM equip previously unequipable Fast Cast gear. It's arguably one of the most whored out abilities besides Dual-Wield.

  11. #491
    Zoot
    Guest

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    It would be an ingenious way for SE to keep people leveling up jobs (hell, they added a Maat's Cap based on this concept didn't they?). I believe alot of thought would have to go into how much percentage could actually be given, because taking the "But at least I can do THIS better than other jobs" aspect away from certain classes is certainly a negative.

    As a THF I would be worried, not that I wouldn't want to share this wonderful ability with my already-have-potential-to-outdamage-me fellows, but....hell thats' actually the only reason why. Increased attack would be fantastic, but if you leveled any other job that increase would be just as beneficial for them. And DA is awesome too, but yet again, still not something that would give THF a comparable edge over other jobs. TA is the single thing that allows THF DPS to equal that of even a NIN's output. It's only way for THF to compete on the very borderline they have right now as being good damage (when paired with other well equipped and well played classes).

    Not that I would enitrely be against it, I think something of this nature or close to it is needed to maintain the interest of an increasingly bored audience.

  12. #492
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza
    I think other jobs have enough potential Fast Cast abilities, unless they let RDM equip previously unequipable Fast Cast gear. It's arguably one of the most whored out abilities besides Dual-Wield.
    Errr how is dual wield more whored out than fast cast? Unlike fast cast, if you're not subbing ninja you're not getting it, and there's a whopping one item that non ninja get to enhance it.

    Fast casst - there's a plethora of items with it, and indirectly with it (Cure clogs), and you don't need to sub rdm to have it work.

  13. #493
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Oh man and what about MDB, that totally gets whored out, right?

    idk I just think Fast Cast, MDB, Attack Bonus, etc aren't supposed to be job specific, just job specialized.

  14. #494
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,728
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza
    I think other jobs have enough potential Fast Cast abilities, unless they let RDM equip previously unequipable Fast Cast gear. It's arguably one of the most whored out abilities besides Dual-Wield.
    Errr how is dual wield more whored out than fast cast? Unlike fast cast, if you're not subbing ninja you're not getting it, and there's a whopping one item that non ninja get to enhance it.

    Fast casst - there's a plethora of items with it, and indirectly with it (Cure clogs), and you don't need to sub rdm to have it work.
    Didn't want to sound biased, didn't know how much Dual Wield gear was out there. I know Fast Cast though is ridiculously whored out, like wtfMarduk's whored out.

  15. #495
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    154
    BG Level
    3

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    Errr how is dual wield more whored out than fast cast? Unlike fast cast, if you're not subbing ninja you're not getting it, and there's a whopping one item that non ninja get to enhance it.
    Technically two. but lolsarashi

  16. #496
    Genoslut
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,849
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    So, do those things, make the combo total max at 15, specific job max at 5, and apply it to all jobs at all levels (with 1->19 = 1, 20-29 = 2, etc), and you've got something that is a legit boost to characters for mastering a job.

    It's really not that bad or overpowering if you limit it to 5% per thing.

  17. #497
    Faithe
    Guest

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    I just hope they will make some adjustment to merit camps then. This will make all the camps so crowded.

    Some adjustment for the past merit place would be nice. Yagudo merit is okay. Orcs has too many paladins. Quadavs has too many thieves.

    I had a cute concept for a merit place in the past. Should introduce an area like Pixie-ville with a room full of VT-IT pixies that you can chain to 200+ easily. Five minutes re-pop too. What will you do? hah

  18. #498
    Genoslut
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3,849
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Faithe
    I just hope they will make some adjustment to merit camps then. This will make all the camps so crowded.

    Some adjustment for the past merit place would be nice. Yagudo merit is okay. Orcs has too many paladins. Quadavs has too many thieves.

    I had a cute concept for a merit place in the past. Should introduce an area like Pixie-ville with a room full of VT-IT pixies that you can chain to 200+ easily. Five minutes re-pop too. What will you do? hah
    Kill all the fucking pixies.

    Duh.

  19. #499
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Faithe
    I just hope they will make some adjustment to merit camps then. This will make all the camps so crowded.

    Some adjustment for the past merit place would be nice. Yagudo merit is okay. Orcs has too many paladins. Quadavs has too many thieves.

    I had a cute concept for a merit place in the past. Should introduce an area like Pixie-ville with a room full of VT-IT pixies that you can chain to 200+ easily. Five minutes re-pop too. What will you do? hah
    ...You mean like bumping Sidhes to be 3 or so levels higher?

  20. #500
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: Battle Adjustments (05/28/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Oh man and what about MDB, that totally gets whored out, right?

    idk I just think Fast Cast, MDB, Attack Bonus, etc aren't supposed to be job specific, just job specialized.

    MDB was never an exclusive trait for one job

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adjustment and Additions to Fellows (05/15/2008)
    By LD in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 2008-05-22, 18:17
  2. Replies: 169
    Last Post: 2008-05-19, 15:26
  3. 05/02/2008 The Myriad Arms of Balrahn
    By Tovaud in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 428
    Last Post: 2008-05-10, 19:53
  4. Job and Battle System Adjustments (03/06/2008) (FUCK YEAH)
    By Spoony Bob in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 2008-03-10, 10:42
  5. An egg-citing update on playonline! (02/28/2008)
    By Lordwafik in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 2008-03-03, 21:01
  6. Replies: 487
    Last Post: 2007-08-26, 21:34