Man SE is pumping out pure win in these update notes.
Now I need to get my ass back into the endgame crowd and stop with goldsmithing.
Man SE is pumping out pure win in these update notes.
Now I need to get my ass back into the endgame crowd and stop with goldsmithing.
Interesting =o It sounds like an expandable system too, which if works right could be extended to ground NMs.
Excited to see how this is implemented, although i suspect that it will have notorious flaws at first which may be adressed eventualy. Either way, it's an excelent step forward as it shows clearly they are still trying to find new ways of introducing content without repeating old time errors. Still won't fix those old errors unless the loot pools are the same, but none the less, good.
What regular NMs inhabit sky and sea? Mostly just pop item NMs, yes? Which means they are adding difficult NMs that can drop similiar items as to the sea/sky gods. Which is the way I thought they'd go, anyway.even those of the same caliber as particularly infamous varieties inhabiting Tu'Lia and Al'Taieu—more accessible to all.
They seem loathe to change old content, and instead introduce new content that rivals it. All they need to do, is add items similiar to Ridill, D ring, sea capes, abjurations, etc. to these new NMs/HNMs.
They may be incredibly slow to fix things, but when they do, they fix it right.
Yea I was wondering the same thing. This is kind of a way to test if it works without messing with old HNM yet. There's always the possibility that if this is done well & players enjoy it they might adjust the older HNMs, i can dream.Originally Posted by Shassira
I laughed more at this then anything in the past few months on BG.Originally Posted by Gere
When Teki talked to Sundi, we found out that Sundi in fact does not like the current kings system and it's the dev team forcing it down our throats.Originally Posted by Gere
SUNDI HAS ALWAYS KNOWN!
Would fit that it's next week, seeing as I am leaving the country for a month on friday and off the game for that time :/Originally Posted by Apelila
to the WS pic, the PLD is doing Vorpal Blade and the other effect is prob from a SAM somewhere.... jeez people!
Also, If they only add Iron Ram Legs I will be a happy PLD, need another option there outside Homam/Crimson :/
Evil Sage Sundi™?
IT'S A TARP...I MEAN CONSPIRACY...I DON'T KNOW....Originally Posted by Izzy
Oct, Great Minds think alike. I'm betting this is to test out how well it'll work. Then if it's a success and people like it(or do it anyways for the rewards) they'll change the old systems to match or be similar.Originally Posted by Octavious
I'd love to add my perspective on these patch notes and speculate on the ramifications in light of this new system, but I'm islafapping too hard.
Oh..
Oh.. oh god..Carrying out requests from a certain NPC will earn you points which, when accumulated, can be exchanged for NM trigger items.
MMmmm.. oh..Even with the above conditions in place, obtaining triggers under this new system should be relatively pain-free, especially when compared to fulfilling the elaborate requirements of some existing NM battles.
YES! YES! MENTOK!Over fifty new types of equipment will be made available as exclusive drops for defeating these new NMs.
Needs new Ridill great axe! something with like... 80-85 damage... attacks 2-3 times... mmm... bacon.
WAR would become a god with that xDOriginally Posted by Dantrag
i know, i can dream that they'll make a decent multi hit 2h wep =(
Did they... just add more endgame content to Treasures of Aht Urghan?New Notorious Monsters (NMs) will be added to areas introduced in the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion pack in the forthcoming version update, with simplified access to their battlefields.
...
the development team has decided to implement some changes to make the excitement of NMs—even those of the same caliber as particularly infamous varieties inhabiting Tu'Lia and Al'Taieu—more accessible to all.
...
In order to maximize flexibility in participant numbers, in most cases the target to which you trade triggers in order to gain entry into battlefields will be located in field areas.
...
Over fifty new types of equipment will be made available as exclusive drops for defeating these new NMs. Here are just a few samples to whet your ravenous adventurer's appetite:
SE is finally listening to players? wtf? inb4 crying over "IT'S TOO LATE NOW GAME IS DEAD" (if someone didn't already).the same caliber as particularly infamous varieties inhabiting Tu'Lia and Al'Taieu—more accessible to all.
I really hope that sword rivals Ridill. I mean if we're talking Sky rating items, how can it not? I would love to see some new gear that's as good as Haidate but in other slots that you don't have to bot every day for a chance at. If SE makes all the new weapons multi-hit then there will be massive win, regardless.
I know everyone so far is saying Staff on the pic with the Hume female wearing the very SAM looking Armor, but it could be a polearm.
The ring at one end and large metal attachment at the other, Staffs are carved from a continuous piece of wood it may possess superficial adornments of metal but when you add a significant attachment you either have a polearm, axe or hammer. FFXI does not have a great hammer category, so it may be put under polearm there is Bourdonasse, it's regular attacks give blunt damage this may be a way to add another weapon to the polearm family that does blunt damage.
I say this because SAM has no staff skill, and that armor screams SAM.
Did anyone else spontaneously bust a nut?
Multiple times.Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza
![]()
I think its a new kind of strap type thing or something. The bottom part looks like the handle on hagun. But it does have spike looking things, maybe introducing 2h maces?