Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 445
  1. #261
    Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    13,270
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kkel
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Do regular Poroggos typically give titles as well?
    I'll make sure to call in the LS alliance next time i see Stray Mary or Skewer Sam up.
    I was going to say this

  2. #262
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Arguments over semantics are retarded.

  3. #263
    Member of Nikkei's Harem
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    455
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    That teaser was the very first time they'd ever used the term, and from what I can still it remains the ONLY time they've ever used it. Are the original beastmen kings still HNMs, btw? I'm not up on that.

    @Izzy: It is grammatically correct to use an before a vowel SOUND, which will not always be an actual vowel.

  4. #264
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    445
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Quote Originally Posted by Toksyuryel
    http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11us/detail/675/detail.html

    Quote Originally Posted by SE
    In addition, a new type of high notorious monster (HNM) will be added to the beastman strongholds.
    DELIVERED.

    Okay, so they do use it. I admit defeat in that regard. I still think you're fucking retarded for calling Sea Horror an HNM though. Hydra is clearly a much higher caliber monster, and while I was wrong in saying that they don't use the acronym, it definitely doesn't change the fact that it WAS a player invention made up by the Japanese playerbase 5 or so years ago.
    OMG, I never compared the freakin caliber of hnms. Learn to read, please. You obviously automatically took the term hnm to mean hard at any level. This is where reading what was actually said helps. It is all relative. They have mostly only added level 80+ hnms in the recent past. This is why newer players think the term hnm means only those mobs. If they added a level 30 nm bunny tomorrow that took a party of 70s to kill, it would be a hnm, period.

  5. #265
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutuyu
    The semantical debating about the definition of HNM here is completely pointless. You guys aren't linguists and your little competition of words doesn't matter. Give it up.
    QFT it always seems to happen around page 9 or 10 in these threads a couple people get into a stupid debate about something not really related to the thread.

    But by all means if you really want to continue then go ahead at least it is kind of entertaining.

  6. #266
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    611
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    [quote=ronin sparthos]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkel
    Quote Originally Posted by "ronin sparthos":3ixvmhf8
    Do regular Poroggos typically give titles as well?
    I'll make sure to call in the LS alliance next time i see Stray Mary or Skewer Sam up.
    I'll be sure to call in the camera crews when you solo Overlord Bakgodek, Tzee Xicu the Manifest, King Arthro, Simurgh, Roc among others as well.[/quote:3ixvmhf8]

    I'm not saying they can be, just that some pretty sad mobs fit the description of what's been called "HNM". Skewer Sam certainly fights higher than it's level, and gives a title. It doesn't cast a unique spell, but then again neither does Bloodtear, or Steelfleece, and they were specifically mentioned as "HNMs".

    hnmls just means asshole botters. Hnmls certainly has nothing to do with skill. Any bunch of idiots can take down any of the current level 80+ hnms.
    I'm pretty sure this just voids all credibility, so the whole thing is pretty much moot.

  7. #267
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    445
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    [quote=Kkel]
    Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos
    Quote Originally Posted by Kkel
    Quote Originally Posted by "ronin sparthos":6o0jo2wm
    Do regular Poroggos typically give titles as well?
    I'll make sure to call in the LS alliance next time i see Stray Mary or Skewer Sam up.
    I'll be sure to call in the camera crews when you solo Overlord Bakgodek, Tzee Xicu the Manifest, King Arthro, Simurgh, Roc among others as well.
    I'm not saying they can be, just that some pretty sad mobs fit the description of what's been called "HNM". Skewer Sam certainly fights higher than it's level, and gives a title. It doesn't cast a unique spell, but then again neither does Bloodtear, or Steelfleece, and they were specifically mentioned as "HNMs".

    hnmls just means asshole botters. Hnmls certainly has nothing to do with skill. Any bunch of idiots can take down any of the current level 80+ hnms.
    I'm pretty sure this just voids all credibility, so the whole thing is pretty much moot.[/quote:6o0jo2wm]

    Do I seriously have to tell you the definition of sarcasm too?

  8. #268
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Yes. I want to see if you actually even know.

  9. #269
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    611
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Go for it, you seem to really be on a winning streak with definitions today.

  10. #270
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kkel
    Go for it, you seem to really be on a winning streak with definitions today.
    That was good.



    As for the original set of Beastmen kings, I have some amount of leniency toward people who want to call those HNMs. Personally I think doing so is silly, because their difficulty is equivalent to Serket/Roc/Simurgh in that all of them can be killed by 1-3 skilled players regardless of setup. Also, you're not labeled an HNM LS if you kill Overlord, that's dumb too. By that definition most gilseller groups would be HNM LSes. To answer your question more directly, I wouldn't call them HNMs by any means, but some might, and I can partially understand that.

  11. #271
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,811
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses
    Do I seriously have to tell you the definition of sarcasm too?
    If you do will that be stupid and pointless too?

  12. #272
    Member of Nikkei's Harem
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    455
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Guess we just lack skill then lol. Needed like ~10 people for adamantking the other day :izzy: (pretend it's a new smiley code for "Q_Q")

  13. #273
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    In other news, this update really needs to make the Smart Grenade quest repeatable because I JUST FUCKING THREW MINE.

  14. #274
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    445
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    In other news, this update really needs to make the Smart Grenade quest repeatable because I JUST FUCKING THREW MINE.
    Good luck with that. My gf threw her bibiki seashell back when you could and they haven't made any way to get that back yet so...

  15. #275
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,671
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Bubbling Bernie is an HNM, discuss.

  16. #276
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses
    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    In other news, this update really needs to make the Smart Grenade quest repeatable because I JUST FUCKING THREW MINE.
    Good luck with that. My gf threw her bibiki seashell back when you could and they haven't made any way to get that back yet so...
    I threw that thing away about 15 minutes after I got it when I realized that it was a piece of shit.

  17. #277
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Bubbly Bernie is the most powerful of all HNM's in the game he is just a laid back crab and chooses to be easy.

  18. #278
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,270
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    It's an HNM who drops a r/ex item you can trade for a pact with Ixion.

    Fuckin' compromised.

  19. #279
    New Odin
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    8,659
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Riios
    anyone notice this? I didn't really look through old thread

    http://lunariansls.com/gallery/pictures/raiden.jpg

    Raiden was an upgraded form of Odin from FF6, from what I read.
    Interesting indeed.

  20. #280
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    445
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Ixion is Come! (06/06/2008)

    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramses
    Quote Originally Posted by Therin
    In other news, this update really needs to make the Smart Grenade quest repeatable because I JUST FUCKING THREW MINE.
    Good luck with that. My gf threw her bibiki seashell back when you could and they haven't made any way to get that back yet so...
    I threw that thing away about 15 minutes after I got it when I realized that it was a piece of shit.
    Oh I don't know. It turns up in arms from a really easy fight to a really, really easy fight.

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Celestial Nights: Faithfulness Under Fire (06/20/2008)
    By Apelila in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2008-06-28, 10:37
  2. Help Us Help You! PlayOnline User PC Survey (06/17/2008)
    By hotpiercedguy in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 2008-06-18, 11:43
  3. New Notorious Monsters (06/04/2008)
    By BerenTebogo in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 414
    Last Post: 2008-06-09, 11:57
  4. Adjustments to Einherjar (06/02/2008)
    By Funkworkz in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 469
    Last Post: 2008-06-09, 10:07