Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 161
  1. #21
    The Sig...
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,934
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Forgot to mention you can now dance with your weapon

  2. #22
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee
    Forgot to mention you can now dance with your weapon
    How the hell did I not mention this?

  3. #23
    The Sig...
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,934
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee
    Forgot to mention you can now dance with your weapon
    How the hell did I not mention this?
    Too busy with your fellow defending Windurst

  4. #24
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee
    Forgot to mention you can now dance with your weapon
    How the hell did I not mention this?
    because you have xthepenguin behind your name.

  5. #25
    Sagacious Sundi
    Guest

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quite possibly the best update since April '06 (Aht Urhgan). Salvage or Nyzul nuts could argue that Dec. '06 (which also added Greater Colibri and Khimaira) or March '07 (nah...) was the last great update.

  6. #26
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,478
    BG Level
    7

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    What this patch showed for me mostly is that they can still put in stuff that is hard and can own you up. The ZNM cerberus seems like a real ownage pony.


    The first 2 days I really didn´t like ZNM points. But now that it´s figured out how points are calculated getting a tier 1 pop ready doesn´t take much longer than getting any ENM item.

  7. #27
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    1,362
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Only gripes are that Odin didn't have a changed lootpool, nor any more Ein items to buy. The campaign changes arn't too great either but I talked about that in another thread already. Other then that the changes are great all around, and you really can't expect a patch to be completely perfect.
    i find this hilarious

  8. #28
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Only gripes are that Odin didn't have a changed lootpool, nor any more Ein items to buy. The campaign changes arn't too great either but I talked about that in another thread already. Other then that the changes are great all around, and you really can't expect a patch to be completely perfect.
    Fuck Nidhogg's loot pool too?

  9. #29
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    11,021
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Pretty win for me. Restarting einherjar just before this patch hit made that update sex. new nms are actually fun to fight; chigre is a blast seeing as how he doesn't follow normal hate rules. Ixion prone to holding and griefing, but love they tried something new. SOOO funny watching him run someone over and kill em, or kick a tank in the face. Never gets old. Sandworm is very cool, hope to get to fight those bc soon. Nyzul i'm saving judgement on; i'd love to work on a relic but until it's figured out i'm not starting.

  10. #30
    The God Damn Kuno
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    13,360
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Surealistic
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Only gripes are that Odin didn't have a changed lootpool, nor any more Ein items to buy. The campaign changes arn't too great either but I talked about that in another thread already. Other then that the changes are great all around, and you really can't expect a patch to be completely perfect.
    i find this hilarious
    Am I missing something?

  11. #31
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,141
    BG Level
    6

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    My thoughts!

    Campaign is still a lagfest, but the extra cures and lulz at watching Maat one-on-one a Gigas in Windurst Waters was welcomed with open arms. The addition for more melee and mage gear for PUP is also good news, even if it looks a tad bit gay on Elvaan males.

    The new ZNMs are fantastic. Fast to farm, fast respawn time, and above average drops at Tier 3-4 level. Each NM also has a lot of exciting methods and tricks up their sleeves which the LS have had a lot of fun figuring out.

    Even though I haven't had time to merit properly, any boost to my jobs is better than no boost at all.

    I -love- the new missions, even if there are only a handful. The animation in certain character's faces are filled with life and personality and the script is so well written, as always.

    The Einherjar update was a very big thing for me also, meaning staying up until 3am twice a week will pay off much sooner than expected, and could even clean up HQ king camps a little if indeed the Abjuration drop rate was increased across all the chambers.

    That being said, I can't wait to keep progressing with ZNMs, and unlocking the secrets of some of the gear that was released. Excitement!

  12. #32
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    17,471
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Great update. Fixed a ton of problem, added a bunch of good items (for once), made use of the useless content, great story...etc It's definitively one of the 2 best updates since I reached endgame many years ago.


    What amaze me is that they got ZNM system right on the first try. Many event required major tweaking, but this one seem right from the beginning.

  13. #33
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    565
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    I'm not overly happy at a personal level. I was hoping for small group content and most of what was added was meant for big parties. Except for T1 ZNMs, the rest aren't really meant for it. When i'm saying low man content i mean content that has a point ofcourse, not crapy ways of getting 1000 xp.

    Apart from that, from a general perspective, it seems like it's great. Sadly it doesn't apeal much to me. I can only hope i'm mistaken and good ways to low man most of this are found, but i highly doubt it... this just looks like more content for medium to big linkshells and i'm kinda of out of that, without the desire to go back to it.

  14. #34
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    This update was good. SE remember this. Take notes.

    Campaign is broken though. So that's a downer.

  15. #35
    Faithe
    Guest

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    How do I feel about the update? Simple.

    GGGGAAAHHH THERE IS NOT ENOUGH TIME FOR ME TO FINISH EVERYTHING IN THREE MONTH BEFORE THE NEXT PATCH.

  16. #36
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    What amaze me is that they got ZNM system right on the first try. Many event required major tweaking, but this one seem right from the beginning.
    I think that bears a lot of repeating. SE got an event right on the first try, pretty rare. Everyone pretty much said everything already. Just wondering what the deal is with the nyzul relics, and waiting to see what Pandemonium is like. The Sandworm twist was really clever. One tiny thing, I was looking forward to the freelance npc quests they mentioned but nada. Not a big deal though, great update.

  17. #37
    Rainbow Dash was here,
    Applejack is a silly filly.

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,425
    BG Level
    6

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    I'm really excited and looking forward to alot of things that were released in this update, however, I'm working on a bunch of things from before the update that have yet to be finished. So all that I've been able to experience so far is campaigning while lfp on my next 75, so as you could probably tell my experience will be more than biased as I've only been exposed to what most people can agree was the worst thing about the update, the Campaign adjustments; and while I haven't found the campaign battles to be much harder than ever (though it's harder for me to solo single mobs in campaign now) it wasn't so bad.

    The healers are very lack luster, from what I understand they have the HP of a PC, the MP of a PC, and the defense of a level 1 taru black mage. I've only ever been Pro IV'd a ton of times, Cure IV'd a handful of times, and never Raised. I really would like to see these beefed up. A lot.

    The mobs themselves I still dont have a tough time with, in the mid sixties. I've heard from friends that they've been having accuracy issues, but I haven't and proceed to stay in haste full time with Accuracy+ gear in the minimal. The only thing I've noticed really changing about them is that they hit me for significantly harder.

    Campaign Operations have, as we all know, been horribly horribly gimped. I really wish this hadn't happened and anything that was in more demand was given the exp bonus while the not so in demand was left alone. This really hurts on my exp a ton; when you're lfp for a few hours the extra 300-400 exp really adds up quickly from each campaign turning 4-5k/hr into 3-4k/hr. I only do Aegis Scream.

  18. #38
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    724
    BG Level
    5

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    The ZNM system, Sandworm BC, misc updates, and campaign healers are awesome.

    Nyzul Weapons not actually being done, Campaign nerf, and disappointing missions are lame. Missions were supposed to form the "heart" of this update and there's 4 of them (3 of which are cutscenes) with one incredibly easy fight.

    In short: Lots of endgame content, WotG continues to be fail, and SE cockteases with Nyzul weapons: solid B rating.

  19. #39
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutuyu
    Missions were supposed to form the "heart" of this update and there's 4 of them (3 of which are cutscenes) with one incredibly easy fight.
    Who said anything about them being the heart of the update?

    And they were awesome... the cutscenes were at least.

  20. #40
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    724
    BG Level
    5

    Re: 1 week impressions of the patch

    Quote Originally Posted by Square Enix
    We are pleased to announce that the next FINAL FANTASY XI version update has been scheduled to take place in early June. The addition of compelling new missions to the Wings of the Goddess storyline will form the heart of this update. Other content includes a new ranking system for Campaign, battle-related tweaks encompassing jobs and merit points, and additions and adjustments to fellows and chocobo raising.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Worst & dumbest fixes of the patch :D
    By huckster in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2011-05-09, 13:48
  2. Magic Accuracy & Day of the Week
    By Wizerd in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2008-06-28, 11:18
  3. Reprocussions of the patch
    By Demosthenes11 in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2005-07-20, 22:50