+ Reply to Thread

Father Grounds Daughter, Daughter Sues!

And she won... WTF is with this?
    http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en- ... =msnhpquad

-.-'

Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    BG Level

Re: Father Grounds Daughter, Daughter Sues!

Oh wow.....

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Canadians...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso
    Canadians...
    It would happen here too, don't delude yourself, surprised it didn't to be honest.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wow, are all Canadian news casts this idiotic? A Horrible interviewee, plus no actual info givin about the situation? What was the trip, what did she do wrong, what was the charges brought up on the father, how did the judge reach his verdict, etc.

This would have been an interesting story, but that was just a failure of a boardcast.

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    Wow, are all Canadian news casts this idiotic? A Horrible interviewee, plus no actual info givin about the situation? What was the trip, what did she do wrong, what was the charges brought up on the father, how did the judge reach his verdict, etc.

This would have been an interesting story, but that was just a failure of a boardcast.
    i think they sad something about it being a grad school trip, i think they focused more on the fact that the daughter won and the father is appealing it... i dunno -.-. still fucked up

Maldra

my thoughts exactly

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Interviewing the rediculous judge would have been much much more entertaining.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Some digging:

The ruling to allow the field trip went against the wishes of her father – who has legal custody of her – but was in keeping with her mother's wishes.

And while the case is raising some eyebrows, a tangled behind-the-scenes custody battle must be taken into account, said Montreal family law lawyer, Miriam Grassby.

"It's a very different situation than a child who might appear to not be be happy with the parent's decision and simply saying ‘I'm going to go court and I'm going to get what I want," she said. "And if in fact it's been portrayed that way, it's not putting in its complex context.

While the girl's father has full legal custody, pending a further court decision, the girl has been living with her mother, Ms. Fortin said. But while Ms. Beaudoin says the girl went to live with her mother when her father forbade her from going on the trip, Ms. Fortin contends that she was "kicked out" of her father's house over family tensions.

"In a situation like this where you're in contested custody proceedings, there's often a high level of conflict," said Ms. Grassby. "And one of the reasons that in Quebec that children have lawyers named for them is because the parents and the court recognizes that in high conflict situations it gives the child a safe place to first give their opinion, and get advice."
    A 12-year-old Quebec girl who felt so strongly about her end-of-year school trip that she took her father to court after he forbade her from going is at the centre of a case that challenges the authority of parental discipline.

The extreme measure of taking the case to court, which the girl's lawyer defended as a necessary move to ensure the child was not denied a significant rite of passage, was upheld by the judge in a surprise ruling last week.
    Some other bits infer that the father's new wife is very outspoken against the girl, and that the biological mother was ok with the girl going on the trip.

Somehow I get this feeling that the stepmom is a bitch and that the biological mom (as is common in divorces) is working to push this lawsuit- mostly because a 12 year old girl doesn't contact and meet with a lawyer without help, typically. I just get the feeling like the kid has become the battleground for the parents to fight with each other.

LazyShell
    BG Level

That girl must have been idolized amongst the people on the trip.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Watching that video was almost painful. I didn't learn much of anything from it...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Man, who do they think they are? CNN, FOX News, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, or NBC? How dare they sensationalize a story and not talk about the substantive details!

Oh, you've got green eyes.
    Oh, you've got blue eyes.
    Oh, you've got grey eyes.

BG Level

why are there no explosions, puppies or pageant winners in this broadcast? do you seriously call this news?

brb foxnews