Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 40 of 40
  1. #21
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,878
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Storytelling (first half) - took a girl on a first date to it...and she actually liked it. Not sure what that means.

  2. #22
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    because krye doesnt come off as saying its bad, he comes off as saying the opposite of what everyone else does

  3. #23
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane
    OP asked a specific question, Krye answered it. Otherwise how would the OP get negative reactions?

    That's not BRPing. Krye sucks in general, but here he's fine.

    Also, he's wrong, Hellboy was pretty entertaining (mainly because of Ron Perlman, and also because every time I see Selma Blair I picture her naked against a wall getting railed from behind by a big black guy screaming "fuck me nigger" so that doesn't hurt either.)
    I don't want to ruin this thread but just to clarify I did not mean Krye was specifically violating the BRP rule I meant in a similar fashion a rule would be made with his name. As for why I said that it is because Krye's post had little or no useful information I do not mind if you don't like the first Hellboy movie and want to express that here but for the benefit of the OP and everyone why did you not like it?

    I liked the first movie because it had interesting character development and Ron Perlman is great. There was more to that movie than your typical comic book movie and the special effects were well done.

    Edit: Also what the person above me said. The connotation of general negativity for the sake of being negative gets annoying.

  4. #24
    gonna save some hot babes and punch radiation in the mouth.
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,312
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Frostwolf

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    So in a thread asking for opinions, only positive ones are welcomed and everything else is considered useless?

    The first one was OK. The second one looks to me to be a little low budget or maybe there's just something wrong with the ads for it. The whole "believe it or not, he's the good guy" angle is just incredibly stupid. Wasn't it established in the 1st movie that he's the good guy? Just because his world has trouble differentiating that instantly means that we do as well? Fuck you whoever is in charge of the ads. I'll still go see it though Selma Blair

  5. #25
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,878
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Found it.

    NSFW[spoiler:zspt61xv]http://images.celebritymoviearchive....ytelling-3.jpg[/spoiler:zspt61xv]

  6. #26
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,729
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    How does it look low budget? The special effects look great to me.

  7. #27
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,878
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krandor
    How does it look low budget? The special effects look great to me.
    I agree they look pretty good, but for a big action, big special effects comic book movie, it's budget isn't huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Producer Lloyd Levin
    "There's a huge Hellboy mythology to draw from, so we wouldn't run out of material if there was a demand for several sequels...It's essential not to let the budget of the sequels balloon. We brought Hellboy in on a modest budget ($65 million) and we intend sequels to be in the same ballpark".

  8. #28
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,729
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Hellboy II is reported at a 77 million dollar budget, and looks great considering.

  9. #29
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    That is a pretty modest budget for a big name movie like this. I am surprised though if they can pull it off that means less ground for them to make up before the movie is profitable. What is the average budget for movies these days?

    Most movies are over $100m now?

  10. #30
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,243
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut
    Krye's post had little or no useful information I do not mind if you don't like the first Hellboy movie and want to express that here but for the benefit of the OP and everyone why did you not like it?
    Shitty effects, horrible acting, cheesy humor, pointless plot devices, etc.

  11. #31
    I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    58,878
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut
    That is a pretty modest budget for a big name movie like this. I am surprised though if they can pull it off that means less ground for them to make up before the movie is profitable. What is the average budget for movies these days?

    Most movies are over $100m now?
    It helps to not have to pay your stars $20m+. I wonder what Perlman is raking in for this sequel.

  12. #32
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Very true though I would think that the more of these movies they make if they continue to make money that Perlman will start working his way up to getting paid more and more.

    As much as I like Del Toro I really hope that he is able to mesh his vision with the general artistic feel of Hellboy. It seems like there will be a decent amount of movies to look forward to this summer.

  13. #33
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut
    Very true though I would think that the more of these movies they make if they continue to make money that Perlman will start working his way up to getting paid more and more.

    As much as I like Del Toro I really hope that he is able to mesh his vision with the general artistic feel of Hellboy. It seems like there will be a decent amount of movies to look forward to this summer.
    Yes and yes.

    The Dark Knight might be the best batman yet, though begins will be hard to beat.

    And hi2u X-Files 2.

  14. #34
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Quote Originally Posted by Krye
    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut
    Krye's post had little or no useful information I do not mind if you don't like the first Hellboy movie and want to express that here but for the benefit of the OP and everyone why did you not like it?
    Shitty effects, horrible acting, cheesy humor, pointless plot devices, etc.
    That's what monster movies are, retard. Grats on discovering the roots of a film genre going back to Godzilla. Hellboy is a very entertaining film with terrific visual impact.

  15. #35
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,243
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Oh okay, I didn't know they made the movie bad on purpose.

  16. #36
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Krye it is possible to express that you dislike a movie and be a productive member of the thread. Somehow your answers still seem to irritate people. Maybe it is because they are so succinct and straight forward? How about some more details about why you did not like the movie. Was it really that shitty for you that you cannot elaborate? Where there any parts even small ones that you did enjoy?

    Do you like comic books at all or are you familiar with Hellboy and did not like the movie because it was not enough or too much like the comic?

    Movies I am excited about seeing this summer: Wall-E, Hellboy 2, Hancock, The new Batman movie those are the ones I have high hopes for though I know at least one will get messed up and not live up to expectations.

  17. #37
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,243
    BG Level
    6

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut
    Krye it is possible to express that you dislike a movie and be a productive member of the thread. Somehow your answers still seem to irritate people. Maybe it is because they are so succinct and straight forward? How about some more details about why you did not like the movie. Was it really that shitty for you that you cannot elaborate? Where there any parts even small ones that you did enjoy?

    Do you like comic books at all or are you familiar with Hellboy and did not like the movie because it was not enough or too much like the comic?

    Movies I am excited about seeing this summer: Wall-E, Hellboy 2, Hancock, The new Batman movie those are the ones I have high hopes for though I know at least one will get messed up and not live up to expectations.
    I like comics, I know that the movie is based on a comic, my dislike for the movie has nothing to do with comics.

    I haven't seen the movie in a few years, so my memory is fuzzy and I can't exactly give specific examples. I just remember it being really really really really really really lame.

    I could be wrong since it's been so long, but since you guys persist, I'll try to remember a few things. Didn't Hellboy follow that FBI guy and the girl he liked around out of jealousy? That whole love triangle bullshit was retarded. Did the FBI guy even have a purpose or was he just some random character thrown into a team of psychic demon superheros? And how about that ending? Hey, let's go fight these little demons throughout the whole movie and some unstoppable sword guy and then at the end out of nowhere BAM HUGE WORLD EATING MONSTER THAT ONLY HELLBOY CAN KILL BECAUSE OF HIS SPECIAL HAND THAT UNLOCKS OR LOCKS SOME GATE OR SOME SHIT LIKE THAT.

    But really, I don't remember much, so take it with a grain of salt.

  18. #38
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    8,818
    BG Level
    8

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    I agree with you about the love triangle thing it felt contrived and lame. I think they threw that in there to humanize hellboy and make him seem weak and flawed in some way. The FBI guy was hired to watch hellboy and take care of him I think it was his responsibility to pretty much do everything for hellboy.

    I think Del Toro will not make the mistake of having these misplaced scenes in the next movie. The ending was a little confusing in how easy it was for the creature that spawned from Rasputin to be killed by a couple of grenades. Maybe they were special grenades but they never really address that. For some reason I was able to look past those points though and in the end really enjoyed the movie as a whole.

  19. #39
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Quote Originally Posted by zoobernut
    Krye it is possible to express that you dislike a movie and be a productive member of the thread.
    You are asking way too much out of Krye.

  20. #40
    Day
    Day is offline
    IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    21,547
    BG Level
    10

    Re: Is this Hellboy 2 movie going to be any good?

    Get off Krye's nuts. I'm using them atm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. I'm going to be on the radio...
    By archibaldcrane in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2008-04-10, 15:42
  2. Duke Nukem Forever going to be released!
    By arlania in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 2007-04-04, 22:07
  3. Wow. This is going to be interesting.
    By Epical in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2005-04-01, 13:58