+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gamefly Question     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level

Gamefly Question

I just signed up for a Gamefly account and saw some options to buy pre-played games for pretty cheap ($15 to $25). Has anyone had any experience buying pre-played games from them? Are they decent? Or do they arrive in really shitty condition? I'm afraid that there's a reason they're so cheap.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trent Reznuh
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Gamefly Question

i bought assassin's creed mainly because i can't motivate myself to finish it but i also didn't want to return it, it was a great deal and the disc was in decent shape (worked fine), the case/instructions showed up soon after buying it in just as good condition as i'd expect from a regular store or even better. so i am 1/1 if that counts for anything.

I bought a game pre used from gamefly before was a ps2 game I think .....worked fine. If your buying ps3 games you should be fine I think since the only way a blu ray disc will stop playing is if you cut it in half or something, any other format just make sure they have some sort of replacement warranty which I think gamefly does have.

pirahna1

The cases and manuals are in mint condition (as they don't get shipped with the game) and most of the games should be in great condition.

I'm thinking of picking up Burnout Paradise for 19.99, and I don't even have a 360 yet. I would buy a prepaid game from Gamefly before Gamestop any day of the week. Plus if you're a member you get free shipping.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I only buy games I rent first, so if the disc has minor/no scratches and I really want to keep it I usually go ahead and do it. I purchased 2-3 games from them so far (taking a break from them now, no time etc.) but back in January or so, the service was extremely quick and the box/booklet that arrived within 2-3 days were practically new. I assume the same thing goes for their pre-played games, except the box also has the disc.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

The only games I buy are games that I have rented and don't want to return. The "Keep It" feature is great, as you get a discounted price and if you are a member for a long ass time like me, you get extra money off it. Every game I've ever kept or bought is in perfect condition, and they are typically preplayed as it is, so I'd assume that anything you get will be in great condition.

And as mentioned before, I'd also buy something preplayed from them before I did from gamestop. The quality is unbeatable.

And wtf @ signing up without using one of us as a recommendation, we wants free things.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Winter Sky
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

A+ service, zero problems whatsoever.

i've bought 3-4 games from them, and the best thing is... i somehow managed it so that they shipped me a copy of GTA IV on release day, and i just clicked keep it when it arrived and paid 44.99 for a brand-new copy of the game :D

gamefly rocks, not sure i really need it but it's a great service for a console gamer who plays a lot.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by wintersquall

i've bought 3-4 games from them, and the best thing is... i somehow managed it so that they shipped me a copy of GTA IV on release day, and i just clicked keep it when it arrived and paid 44.99 for a brand-new copy of the game :D
    Haha that's what I did for DMC4.

That is what i did for Bioshock, Halo 3, and GTA IV =P The only one i have actually bought is GTA IV the others i simply got on release day.

GTA IV couldn't have even been played yet most likely, and the box and book were in perfect condition.