Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 83
  1. #41
    ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,820
    BG Level
    6

    Yeah, I'll just use my Chiyo portrait for now. Also my currently memorized daily power summons a flaming sphere which occupies a square and can be moved around, which would need a token as well. I was thinking of changing the fluff of the spell to be a giant flaming kitty to better fit with Somoe's character.

    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/55/18...d1691a55_m.jpg

  2. #42
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    I can't say no to that. Knock yourself out.

    Almost wished Familiars were still around.

    Btw, pick your rituals!

  3. #43
    ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,820
    BG Level
    6

    I did! I don't think I've finished my equipment stuff though, gotta buy components.

  4. #44
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

  5. #45
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    I don't have a good picture so I'll just go with what you can find I guess.

  6. #46
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Alright some final rules I will edit in the stickied house rule thread(but not this one, since this is basically just for discussion now).

    Every time you make an action in combat(and maybe skill challenge), include your current HP and any Action Points if you have them.

    I'd like to say thank you for effort in writing character backgrounds. You all get an action point. Unlike normal action points this one won't disappear after resting. (Hammer doesn't get an Action Point ;___; )

    Remember you have a Second Wind, don't forget about it. It could save your life!

    So in conclusion include something like this in your post: (Hammer's stats in example)

    HP: 29
    Action Points: 0

  7. #47
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Uh hey, Magus, I'd like some insight on how you'd like your character to look like so I can make the token as pleasing as possible. You didn't really give any specifics and I wouldn't want to just pick one you might end up not relating to.

  8. #48
    ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,820
    BG Level
    6

    So does that mean we have two action points at the moment? One normal and one special?

  9. #49
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by PHB
    ✦ You start with 1 action point. (Monsters usually have
    no action points.)
    ✦ You gain 1 action point when you reach a milestone
    (page 259).
    ✦ After you take an extended rest (page 263), you lose
    any unspent action points, but you start fresh with 1
    action point.
    So yeah, we have 2 action points. Milestone is 1 per 2 encounter without extended rest IIRC

  10. #50
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    I'd like the picture to be a young fairly good-looking Cleric type guy. Don't really care about the specifics too much as long as it isn't some goofy fan drawing that is drawn on college ruled paper like half the stuff I was getting on Google searches. haha

    I think I need to read the chapter on battle because I don't even know what Action Points or Second Wind is off the top of my head even though I've probably read about it.

  11. #51
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Action point is a point you can spend at any time during your turn to get 1 extra action beyond the action economy.

    Each turn, you can do 1 standard action, 1 minor action and 1 movement action or some other equivalent combination of those before you have to end your turn. Using up 1 action points will allow you to do 1 more of any of those action type. And later on during paragon paths, you can get other bonus by using the action point by either getting a bonus to damage/attack/AC during actions using movement point, or ability to reroll/recharge abilities. As a human, you should consider getting Action Surge feats, as it give you +3 to all attack rolls for the turn you use action points.

    Second Wind is basically 1 method of self healing without the aid of healer classes or items. Basically you spend 1 standard action and 1 healing surge to recover HP equal to your healing surge value (usually 1/4 of your HP) and get +2 to all defense until the end of your next turn. You can do it once every encounter. Of course with your presence as a cleric, we are allowed 2 extra usage of healing surge on each encounter on your discretion with the use of healing words, but keep in mind healing surge is a finite resource that you can only recharge by taking an extended rest.

  12. #52
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Ah ok, thanks

  13. #53
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Tomorrow and maybe the day after I will likely be down at the beach. Meaning we might have to pause the game until I come(should be no later then Wednesday). Let's try to get in two rounds today to make up for it.

  14. #54
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    What days of the week would you all be willing to do D&D IRC excursions? I only say IRC because based on the threads in here that was the medium of choice for past groups. I really like how this plays but play by post feels slow and I think in a real time environment we could get much more done, like these past few days might have been a half hour tops.

    I am flexible as long as it's not Friday/Saturday nights I can probably do it as long as it's after about 6pm est.

  15. #55
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    I've done mine online pen/paper RPG on openRPG usually since it allows the usage of map, which is preferable on 4e since the battle is pretty heavily miniature based, they also provide free server to run the chatroom on.

    I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to set 1-2 day of the week on real time session on irc or openrpg, then fill the rest of the days on play by post

  16. #56
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    I've done mine online pen/paper RPG on openRPG usually since it allows the usage of map, which is preferable on 4e since the battle is pretty heavily miniature based, they also provide free server to run the chatroom on.

    I'm thinking it'd be a good idea to set 1-2 day of the week on real time session on irc or openrpg, then fill the rest of the days on play by post
    ah openRPG, I've heard of that. A map feature sounds great, BRP could definitely put some use in that and it'd help with battles for sure because I know I have to keep my own updated copy and kind of update as I read posts.

    How is Sunday for everyone? How about Sunday and Wednesday for now, around 6pm est?

    edit: Been fooling around in openRPG and it is pretty nice, especially the map. I can run the dedicated server if we need someone to do it, it's pretty straight forward to set everything up, I could probably have it up by Wednesday. Zilong do you have one setup already or did you use a public server? I saw a few public servers with openRPG in their name, are they dedicated or could they possibly go down? I don't wanna set everything up in one of them and have it not be there one of the nights we play.

  17. #57
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    I have a hacked version of Fantasy Grounds. I don't know if it is better than OpenRPG. It normally costs money, so maybe it is.

    Not this Wednesday if we do something like that. I'm not sure if I'll even be back by then, but very likely. And I imagine after two days at the beach I'll want to sleep.

    I'll take a look at OpenRPG. Kind of intimidating though.

  18. #58
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5,772
    BG Level
    8

    Well, between freeware and paid program, I guess odds are fantasyground might be better

    Though does it allow for an online setup or does it only provide map/char sheet/etc?

    If it does provide online setup, might wanna send us some download then.

  19. #59
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    If OpenRPG is easier to set up, then that will be the winner.

    Anyway, today I'm going to the beach. The game will be on hold until I come back. You can still post your turns though.

  20. #60
    i'm awesome.
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    9,218
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    If OpenRPG is easier to set up, then that will be the winner.

    Anyway, today I'm going to the beach. The game will be on hold until I come back. You can still post your turns though.
    We don't even need to set anything up that much really. The features in openRPG are nice but we can simply use it for the map and chat feature. The map can be updated by the room's GM (BRP in this case). You can either create a map from scratch (i.e. add an image, lay a grid over it, color/style it however you want) or just upload the map(s) you've already made and remove the grid overlay. Then you upload your miniature pictures and click-click then into place, and they are easily movable, and you can set who can move what so say Bagel can move Hammer and Himself, and BRP can move everything. The rolling can be done in openRPG too but I mean we don't have to use any of it, we could just link rolls from invisible castle still, it's not a big deal. We should do it this Sunday coming up, the setup is very minimal.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Portal's 'Still Alive' Played by Fiber Laser
    By Ddz in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2012-03-20, 19:36