Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 143
  1. #41
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    13
    BG Level
    1

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Wow, i was surprised how my computer did, i built it last november, though most of the things in it were brand new then, so i guess it makes sense.


    CPU: Intel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz
    Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2Gb DDR2 800
    Video: MSI NX8800GT 512Mb
    MB: Abit IP35 Pro
    OS: Windows XP Professional SP3

    High: 9940
    Low: 11,685

  2. #42
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Quote Originally Posted by TeancumMemsochet
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2500+/1.83 GHz
    Mem: 1.5 GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6200/256 Mb
    OS: XP SP2

    Test 1: 2193
    Test 2: 2087
    Oh man I'm so sorry Q_Q

    Yeah i'm with you Izzy, some of these (especially this one) make me feel bad. I have dumb terminals here at work that are more loaded. Not slamming anyone intentionally, I'm just sayin'.... playing Solitaire in Vegas style should not crash your PC.

    Q.Q


    Quote Originally Posted by residue
    QQ i was otw to the gym with my camera phone
    You know something Res? You aren't the only one, I thought this was some sort of FF bench-pressing competition for about 2 seconds lol. I immediately thought "Oh I'm soooo doing this!", I'm glad to see that I was not the only one caught off guard by my assumption.

  3. #43
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,411
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mabubeezareel
    CPU: Intel P4 2.8ghz
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GS (AGP)
    RAM: 1gb Kingston DDR400 (PC3200)
    Mobo: ASUS P4P800
    OS: XP Pro SP2

    Score: 3332-H

    It's a pretty old rig (most components are 4+ years old now), and while I thought my score would be higher, it does run the game rather decently. I run it with most settings high (2048x2048 background, smooth environmental animation, uncompressed textures, mip mapping = 6), but do need to turn shadows off full time and weather effects during heavy rain/dust/wind storms. I get 29fps in almost all areas until about 5-10 PCs are on-screen, then I drop down to the low 20s. Dynamis and Whitegate AH bring down into the teens/high single digits though.

    On a side note, WoTG zones rape my FPs by about 10 for no apparent reason. Battalia-S and Sauromuge-S seem to be the main culprits. Even with myself as the only PC onscreen, nowhere near any Campaign battles, no NPCs, and no special weather affects, I dip down to like 19-20 FPS. Doesn't make any sense to me.
    I haven't spent much time in wotg, but I've noticed for a long time that in the main area in Norg I drop fps like that. Not sure what it is about that zone, but I get a fps lag there that is like being at the wg ah. I'll run this on my pcs this weekend to see what i get.

  4. #44
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    871
    BG Level
    5

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Thanks for your useful post. Everyone knows FFXI is more CPU dependent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    There has been a lot of talk lately about what video cards are best for FFXI and if processing speed matters more than your GPU speed.
    Statements are contradictory right there.

  5. #45
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    40
    BG Level
    1

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    I like it when people go looking for an argument.

  6. #46
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    74
    BG Level
    2

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Q6600 Intel Quad-core @ 3.00ghz (Normal is 2.40ghz)
    2 x 1 GB Crucial Ballistix Tracers, PC6400 4-4-4-12 timings
    MSI 8600GTS
    Western Digital 150 gb Raptor X HD.

    11419 @ Low resolutuion
    9110 @ High resolution

  7. #47
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snowknight26
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Thanks for your useful post. Everyone knows FFXI is more CPU dependent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    There has been a lot of talk lately about what video cards are best for FFXI and if processing speed matters more than your GPU speed.
    Statements are contradictory right there.
    FFXI is not COMPLETELY dependent on your processor. In light of all the nVidia driver issues, I would say that the GPU does have something to do with FFXI wouldn't you say so? This thread was put here so people could figure out what is better.

  8. #48
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    516
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Classy Nekoda
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Bloodhoof

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Main Desktop~

    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz (HT)
    MB Brand : Asus
    MB Model : P4P800
    Video: Radeon X1650 Series
    RAM : 1024 MB DDR Dual Channel

    About 3-4 yrs old Only recent update was the video card and it wasnt even that great of an update 9800Pro to X1650~


    H - 4736 ._. meh~ It takes such pretty SS's tho!

    Currently working to build a nice lil AMD Athlon 64X2 with nVidia 640MB 8800GTS and 4 gig-o-ram tho >:3 Cant wait!

    Laptop ~ ($900 Special from Dell)

    CPU: Genuine Intel CPU T2300 @ 1.66GHz
    MB Brand : Dell
    MB Model : 0KG266
    Video: nVidia GeForce Go 7400 (Pretty much fried this card, go go random squares and boxes)
    RAM : 1024 MB DDR2 Dual Channel

    H - 5683 (Somethings wrong here.... -.-)

  9. #49
    Groinlonger
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,963
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    It seems every PC with an Intel Core Duo CPU has scored remarkably high. Those paired with the nVIDIA 8800 seem to be out performing any ATI card I've seen in the thread thus far. Also, one thing that intrigued me.

    CPU: Intel E6850 Core 2 Duo 3.0ghz
    Ram: Crucial Ballistix 2Gb DDR2 800
    Video: MSI NX8800GT 512Mb
    MB: Abit IP35 Pro
    OS: Windows XP Professional SP3

    This PC is almost identical to mine although there are a few differences. His video card is slightly faster(660 MHz core compared 650), but my RAM is better(1066 MHz bus speed vs 800 MHz). We have different motherboards but they both utilize the same chipset. He has XP Professional, I have XP Home. Our CPU is exactly the same. His set up outperformed mine by around 200 on the high resolution benchmark. Although there are obviously many small differences that could have caused this, I believe it's mostly because I have my OS and FFXI installed to an IDE hard drive while he has an SATA. The gap is very small but it's interesting to note that it did actually make a difference.

  10. #50
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    48
    BG Level
    1

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    CPU: E8400 (OC'd to 3.6 GHz FSB: 1600)
    Mobo: Asus P5E-VM HDMI (Yep.. SFF PC baby!)
    RAM: G. Skill PC6400 4GB (Yes I know...) Timings: 4-4-4-12
    Video: EVGA 8800GTS G92 (512mb)
    Driver version: Modded 174.74
    Windows XP w/ SP2

    L: 12109
    H: 10234

    edit: wrong SP for XP... sorry

  11. #51
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18
    BG Level
    1

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Core 2 Duo E6700
    4GB Corsair XMS2 DDR2-800
    ATi X1950XTX 512mb
    Vista Business w/SP1

    Nothing Overclocked

    9265-L
    7930-H

    Should be able to try the benchmark on this setup in the next few weeks:
    C2D E8400
    ATi 4850 512MB
    4GB DDR2-1066

  12. #52
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,499
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Ferien Terzo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Nothing impressive:

    6566-H

    Card - EVGA 7800 GS 256 AGP
    Chip - Core 2 Duo E6420 2.13 GHz (stopped OCing after I blew out my old P4)
    RAM - 2x1GB Corsair DDR2-1066
    XP Pro SP2

    Also, ambient temperature is 80+, doubt that shit helps.

  13. #53
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHz
    RAM: 2047 MB
    Card: VisonTek Radeon X1650 Pro
    OS: Windows Vista Ultimate

    Test 1: Ran with a couple background applications up - 5299
    Test 2: Turned off all background applications, turned off Vista's Sidebar - 5425
    Test 3: Same as 2, Ran in Windows XP compatibility mode - 5715
    Test 4: Updated Card Drivers, Set Settings for full "Quality" on Card, Firefox Running, XP compatibility - 5420
    Test 5: Same as 4, changed card settings for full "performance" on card - 5605

    I had my G15 running performance monitor the whole time as well. RAM stayed at 47% the whole time and my dual core never even reached 50%, meaning 1 core was never 100% used. I have a feeling if I could get more juice going from my processor, it would probably go up. I know FFXI isn't multi threaded though, so I doubt I could really get too much more than I already have.

  14. #54
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    100
    BG Level
    3

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Mizango
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy
    Quote Originally Posted by TeancumMemsochet
    CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2500+/1.83 GHz
    Mem: 1.5 GB
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6200/256 Mb
    OS: XP SP2

    Test 1: 2193
    Test 2: 2087
    Oh man I'm so sorry Q_Q

    Yeah i'm with you Izzy, some of these (especially this one) make me feel bad. I have dumb terminals here at work that are more loaded. Not slamming anyone intentionally, I'm just sayin'.... playing Solitaire in Vegas style should not crash your PC.

    Q.Q
    It's not that bad. I can run FFXI w/ 1024x1024 background res, but only get about 17 fps outside my MH. If I run it at 512x512 background res I get 25 fps average in non-busy areas. Not only that, but in non-intensive areas my process time can drop to below 50%. Which is low enough to face a wall in the aery in between windows and turn on some anime w/out any lag.

  15. #55
    The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,049
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Nah, I'm just sayin'......

  16. #56
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,184
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    XP scores are, so far, higher than all vista systems with identical or nearly identical hardware

    in other words, what we already know holds true. the current nvidia drivers & windows vista will cause FFXI to perform at a lower framerate than an identical setup with Windows XP

    i'd really like to see how the benchmark performs with full shadows enabled instead of the medium shadows setting it currently uses

    when I had my Radeon 1950XT 512MB installed, even with full shadows on Windows Vista, my performance was MUCH higher (like, over 10 frames/sec) than when using an 8800 GTX + Windows Vista. Nvidia will most likely never solve these performance issues with this game coupled with Vista as the game isn't popular enough to warrant a specialty scenario to adjust drivers, unless SE acknowledges the obvious decrease in performance between the two operating systems and has Nvidia address the issues specifically

  17. #57
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    725
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    CPU: Q6600 2,4GHz
    MB: P5K asus
    RAM: 4x1GB Kingstone (had to set @ 677MHz or Vista would crash every 30 secs)
    Video: ATi radeon HD3870 512MB
    OS: Vista x64

    Score: 6704

    WTF!?!?

    edit: right DDR speed

  18. #58
    netz
    Guest

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    MacBook Pro 3.1
    Windows XP Pro SP3
    Intel Core 2 Duo T7500 2.2GHz (800MHz FSB)
    2GB DDR2-SDRAM (PC2-5300, 667MHz, 5-5-5 timings)
    NVIDIA 8600M GT (ForceWare 167.63)

    High: 6172
    Low: 8617

  19. #59
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    29
    BG Level
    1

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by Reality
    XP scores are, so far, higher than all vista systems with identical or nearly identical hardware

    in other words, what we already know holds true. the current nvidia drivers & windows vista will cause FFXI to perform at a lower framerate than an identical setup with Windows XP
    I dual boot my laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1 and XP Pro SP3

    HP Pavilion dv9334us Notebook
    Intel Core 2 CPU T5300 @ 1.73GHz 2048 Level 2 Cache
    Motherboard Quanta 30BD 66.42
    Memory 2048 MB 266MHz DDR2
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 512 MB

    XP - 5563
    Vista - 3769

    I was surprised by the difference, even knowing how bloated Vista is, that the same machine could turn in such different scores.

    Even my XP score was lower than I thought, I run 1440x900 @ 2048x2048 very clean and smooth. Oh well, works fine for me.

  20. #60
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    567
    BG Level
    5

    Re: FFXI Vana'diel Bench 3 Challenge!

    Quote Originally Posted by arshesney
    CPU: Q6600 2,4GHz
    MB: P5K asus
    RAM: 4x1GB Kingstone (had to set @ 677MHz or Vista would crash every 30 secs)
    Video: ATi radeon HD3870 512MB
    OS: Vista x64

    Score: 6704

    WTF!?!?

    edit: right DDR speed

    A few things you can do.

    1) CPU isn't overclocked, those do 3.4ghz on stock HSF
    2) your ram would crash @ 1066 because of the voltage and perhaps timings. Set the DRAM voltage manually to what is specified by kingston on the information panel of the ram module.
    3) you can probably overclock your GPU if you haven't already. There are so many guides out there for safe CPU and GPU overclocking, as well as software like rivatuner or atitool.

    Though vista seems to have the most performance dropoff since vista itself is such a resource whore.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Possible Malware in FFXI Atlas Vana'diel Bestiary section
    By Aselin in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2009-06-20, 12:39