View Poll Results: The Best Conference?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft

    50 29.24%
  • Nintendo

    5 2.92%
  • Sony

    46 26.90%
  • E3 is dead to me

    70 40.94%
Page 19 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 1892

Thread: E3 08     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #361
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    They haven't remade a mario game in a long while Mario Galaxy is sure as hell no remake.

    People are anticipating Kid Icarus and Pikmin. Also CAPTAIN RAINBOW.

  2. #362
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,100
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    And people are still getting the game. I don't see the issue.
    Think of Gears of War/Halo going to the PS3. Or MGS4 coming to the 360. Their meant to be exclusives on one specific console. But I guess this is the somewhat fanboy in me speaking.

    There's honestly nothing I wanted a PS3 for besides MGS4 and FF13. Everything else is either on 360 or isn't something I'm interested in. Now that I feel I spent $500 on a single game, although it is hands down the best next gen title I've ever played, I can't put two and two together to justify me spending that amount of money.

    And no, the blu-ray argument won't do any good with me because I don't watch movies.

  3. #363
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    The only thing I really hope for Sony's press conference is God of War 3.

  4. #364
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    They haven't remade a mario game in a long while Mario Galaxy is sure as hell no remake.

    People are anticipating Kid Icarus and Pikmin. Also CAPTAIN RAINBOW.
    I would love a Kid Icarus remake, i still play the NES version...

  5. #365
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    61
    BG Level
    2

    A new Pikmin would be so good.

  6. #366
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    11,713
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Just announce a new Zelda game and i'll be happy.

  7. #367
    blax n gunz
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    11,141
    BG Level
    9

    too bad the PS3 is still the best blu ray player available. Otherwise I'd agree.

  8. #368
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    7,447
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by elison View Post
    Think of Gears of War/Halo going to the PS3. Or MGS4 coming to the 360. Their meant to be exclusives on one specific console. But I guess this is the somewhat fanboy in me speaking.

    There's honestly nothing I wanted a PS3 for besides MGS4 and FF13. Everything else is either on 360 or isn't something I'm interested in. Now that I feel I spent $500 on a single game, although it is hands down the best next gen title I've ever played, I can't put two and two together to justify me spending that amount of money.

    And no, the blu-ray argument won't do any good with me because I don't watch movies.
    Well for the record, MGS4 is still and probably will remain the best game I have ever played in my entire life. The only thing I can see topping that is Zone of the Enders 3.

    Quote Originally Posted by Exoduso View Post
    Just announce a new Zelda game and i'll be happy.
    Back to Wind Waker look or GTFO!

  9. #369
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4,855
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

    Quote Originally Posted by Xavier View Post
    You could get a blu-ray and a slim-ps2 for less money than the backwards compatible PS3.


    cheaper by like $30 maybe, might as well just buy a ps3

  10. #370
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,056
    BG Level
    6

    FFXIII CONFIRMED FOR 360! FUCK YES!

  11. #371
    The Sig...
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,934
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    lol

  12. #372
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,100
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    too bad the PS3 is still the best blu ray player available. Otherwise I'd agree.
    A consoles life can't keep on going based on a secondary function of the system. Games are the main selling point, and the main reason most people have one. If their only argument is "Well, we have a blu-ray player", then I honestly don't see Sony going anywhere at all in the console wars.

  13. #373
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by elison View Post
    Think of Gears of War/Halo going to the PS3. Or MGS4 coming to the 360. Their meant to be exclusives on one specific console. But I guess this is the somewhat fanboy in me speaking.

    There's honestly nothing I wanted a PS3 for besides MGS4 and FF13. Everything else is either on 360 or isn't something I'm interested in. Now that I feel I spent $500 on a single game, although it is hands down the best next gen title I've ever played, I can't put two and two together to justify me spending that amount of money.

    And no, the blu-ray argument won't do any good with me because I don't watch movies.
    The only thing I hate about cross platform games is most of them tend to be generic and/or bad (at least this is my experience). As long as it keeps the same quality and fantastic gameplay I don't see the see; even if Halo/MGS/whatever else crossed platforms. The fact that you dropped 500 for two games is a little silly (to me anyway), because that is way to much money for a couple months worth of entertainment. Only then to shelve away.

  14. #374
    I Am, Who I Am.
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    15,658
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Fuck im pissed, im not going to be around for Nintendo's conference tomorrow :E

  15. #375
    Xavier
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by elison View Post
    A consoles life can't keep on going based on a secondary function of the system. Games are the main selling point, and the main reason most people have one. If their only argument is "Well, we have a blu-ray player", then I honestly don't see Sony going anywhere at all in the console wars.
    I'll wait to pass judgment until the Sony press conference, but I agree.

    I just didn't see this coming. After all that speculation that MGS4 was going to appear on the 360 and Konami sticking with the PS3, I never imagined that it would be Square (of which I believe Sony owns 10% of its stock) to stab them in the back.

  16. #376
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,100
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Quote Originally Posted by TacoTaru View Post
    The only thing I hate about cross platform games is most of them tend to be generic and/or bad (at least this is my experience). As long as it keeps the same quality and fantastic gameplay I don't see the see; even if Halo/MGS/whatever else crossed platforms. The fact that you dropped 500 for two games is a little silly (to me anyway), because that is way to much money for a couple months worth of entertainment. Only then to shelve away.
    I agree it was silly, but an avid fanboy of FF/MGS couldn't pass this opportunity up.

    Hopefully we'll see some worthwhile titles at Sony's conference.

  17. #377
    Very Sexy Nerd
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    8,739
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    Where do you live in SoFL?

    And lol @ REM Track pack. WAY TO REACH OUT ACTIVISION.


    I don't think the major demo for GH players care about Van Halen/Aerosmith as much as say, modern artists? As much as I hate to say that, frat boy faggots would jump on a My Chemical Romance package over a Metallica package.
    I answered a few pages back, WPB, why do you ask <.<

  18. #378
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,144
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    Quote Originally Posted by elison View Post
    I agree it was silly, but an avid fanboy of FF/MGS couldn't pass this opportunity up.

    Hopefully we'll see some worthwhile titles at Sony's conference.
    Maybe you'll get Sony's version of Mii too.

  19. #379
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,100
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Hahaha Woooo
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

    Did anybody else shit themselves during the Fable 2 demo? Game looks gorgeous and I can't wait to see how co-op will work it's way into the game.

  20. #380
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    19,023
    BG Level
    9

    Sony just got buttfucked. Oh well, the way to go this generation is pretty much owning all 3 consoles. I just hope the game is as good as it can get on multiplat.

Page 19 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 69 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. No More E3
    By Lbelle in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 2006-07-31, 09:31
  2. E3 Nintendo Discussion Thread
    By Vade in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 2006-05-14, 12:16
  3. The E3 2006 Thread
    By Epical in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2006-05-11, 21:02
  4. E3 Spore Movie
    By Shaede in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-05-08, 11:02
  5. Square Enix Unveils E3 Showcase
    By Popanu in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-04-24, 23:55
  6. Walken in '08!
    By Chumm in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2005-08-19, 22:29