View Poll Results: The Best Conference?

Voters
171. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft

    50 29.24%
  • Nintendo

    5 2.92%
  • Sony

    46 26.90%
  • E3 is dead to me

    70 40.94%
Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 1892

Thread: E3 08     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #81
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    That's simply an opinion, I don't happen to agree with it either.
    In my opinion X4 and X6 are the cream of the crop, but X4 plays a bit smoother than X6.

  2. #82
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Its not an opinion, it's fact. When I want your opinion I'll give it to you.

  3. #83
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    X6....

    X.....6

    X
    Fucking
    6

  4. #84
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Have you even played the game?
    I'm guessing either you haven't, or it was too hard for you.

  5. #85
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by aurik View Post
    Its not an opinion, it's fact. When I want your opinion I'll give it to you.
    Hi guy,

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=opinion

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=fact

    There's a difference.

    X2 and X3 were my favorites personally, I like blue explosions. >.>;

    I loved X6, but it suffered from rushed-ness in the first version, the redone script in megaman X collection was much better.

    Who knows, they may actually link the two series together in a more concrete manner.

    I was hoping for some new zelda/KH3/FFXIII info too, I just beat phantom hourglass recently and it has me pumped for more zelda.

  6. #86
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    I played all of the SNES and PSX Mega Man Xs.

    That's why I have to say:

    X FUCKING 6?

    Ecki, there are some opinions you just can't fucking have.

  7. #87
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Honestly, tell me what's wrong with the game.

  8. #88
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Clearly you're wrong!

  9. #89
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    The rushed localization and lack of english voiceovers annoyed me, the level design was mediocre but not terrible, but the thing that mostly pissed me off: Abuse of reploid rescuing. God that was so annoying.

  10. #90
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    I played all of the SNES and PSX Mega Man Xs.

    That's why I have to say:

    X FUCKING 6?

    Ecki, there are some opinions you just can't fucking have.
    If everyone had sensible opinions the world would be boring.

    X6 wasn't /quite/ as bad as X7 though.

    The random teleportation between zones really annoyed me. As well as the 3-D during sigma's final form being more of a hindrance than the boss himself. Also... "BURN TO THE GROUND".

    Also the reploid rescue was back! although touching 1 shot from any enemy would kill them, instead of just nightmares.

  11. #91
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Rushed localization isn't even a gameplay issue, what the fuck?
    Level design wasn't that bad as you said, and you didn't even have to rescue all the reploids...

    I didn't say it was a great overall megaman game, I said it had good gameplay.

  12. #92
    Ridill
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    13,568
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Have you even played the game?
    I'm guessing either you haven't, or it was too hard for you.
    Don't get me started on hard, I beat TMNT1, Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2, etc all on the original consoles. Yes, that means before pansies came up with emulators with state saving.

  13. #93
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    ohi, how about... I wasn't talking to you.

  14. #94
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Rushed localization isn't even a gameplay issue, what the fuck?
    Level design wasn't that bad as you said, and you didn't even have to rescue all the reploids...

    I didn't say it was a great overall megaman game, I said it had good gameplay.
    I didn't have an issue with the levels until that Gate's lab trap where you had to do some crazy shit to get past an area using shadow armor that if you didn't have certain adjustments was impossible.

    The gameplay was good, I liked how insane some of the bosses got, like infinity mijion (or however it was spelled).

  15. #95
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Rushed localization isn't even a gameplay issue, what the fuck?
    Level design wasn't that bad as you said, and you didn't even have to rescue all the reploids...

    I didn't say it was a great overall megaman game, I said it had good gameplay.
    When they add plot to a game, if the plot is terribly executed, it pisses me off.

    X6 wasn't an abortion (like X7 apparently is) but it was utterly mediocre and lackluster. And it had reploid rescue.

    Also, I had to look it up to remind me, but it had a Clam as a boss. gfdi. At least he wasn't an Onion but damn, a CLAM.

  16. #96
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15,501
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Well, I mostly skipped the cutscenes and text, etc anyway.
    I honestly don't even know what the plot of X6 is, I never really cared... Megaman games haven't ever really had compelling stories I just liked the idea of kicking a bosses ass and getting a new ability each time.

    X4 and X6 were the ones where I had the most fun doing that, although X4 was the only Megaman game I've ever played that I'd call 'good' when comparing them to other games out there that I enjoy.
    The rest are mediocre or awful.

  17. #97
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    I really enjoyed all the X series games. But It's been to long since Ive played any of them to say w/ was my favorite. I liked the armor collecting aspect of them and how there were diff armor types you could find. It added a unique flare to the kill "X" boss and attain "X" ability since you could power up stuff for a different affect.

    I never beat MM1, that game was so damn hard... the rest of the 8 bit games were hard and got easier on the SNES. I wonder how tedious MM9 is gonna be!

    edit: wasn't MM8 made on the SNES? (w/bass, ect..)

  18. #98
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,702
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Yeah, 8 was on SNES, and afaik Japanese release only. There are some fairly ghetto translation patches though.

    I have one huge overwhelming problem with Mega Man X6.

    You
    Can
    Duck

    It's such a complete perversion of Mega Man mechanics it makes me ill. Next thing you know, he'll be shooting at 45 degree angles.

  19. #99
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    46
    BG Level
    1

    that was megaman and bass, a seperate game from 8 on snes, ported to GBA in america

  20. #100
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    It's not that complicated really, at least not from the perspective of someone who started with the X series...
    The classic games are just too slow and easy.

    Compare this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=iD7u0jeh1Xo

    To this:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=mdrY8HLHyb0
    Are you trolling, or have you not played the old games? I'm not sure about MM1, since I haven't played it since I was like 5 because it's garbage, but MM2-MM6 are harder than X1-6. Judging difficulty from videos like that is retarded thou, the players in both cases either have things entirely memorized, and know exactly what they're doing, or are using a shit ton of save states, probably both in most 'speed run' videos.

    The gameplay, is to some extent faster in the X games, but it's mostly only the players speed that's increased, not the projectiles and things you actually have to dodge, not to mention the plethora of abilities to hold your hand; wall sliding/jumping, dash jumps, air dash, double jumps, giga attacks with invincibility frames, etc.

    I would actually agree with aurik that MM2 and 3 were the best games in the series, but I didn't think x1-4 were bad. Everything x5 and beyond were terrible thou.

Page 5 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. No More E3
    By Lbelle in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 2006-07-31, 09:31
  2. E3 Nintendo Discussion Thread
    By Vade in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 2006-05-14, 12:16
  3. The E3 2006 Thread
    By Epical in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2006-05-11, 21:02
  4. E3 Spore Movie
    By Shaede in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2006-05-08, 11:02
  5. Square Enix Unveils E3 Showcase
    By Popanu in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2006-04-24, 23:55
  6. Walken in '08!
    By Chumm in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 2005-08-19, 22:29