Page 108 of 145 FirstFirst ... 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast
Results 2141 to 2160 of 2899

Thread: Heroes Season 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2141
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    I think the biggest problem with Heroes is the characters have lost the ability for us to relate to them, Parkman at the start of the season emphasized this perfectly, that ever since he got these powers weird shits been happening. The writers seem to have forgotten that before these were seemingly normal people who got thrust into this situation and they had real problems, not just super hero problems and idk I don't feel that they convey it as well as they used to do it in Season 1 or the way Lost has managed to do it. Short of outright copying Lost's plot, I think it would be best if Tim Kring took a page from them and set an end date, killed off half the characters and got back to basics.

  2. #2142
    Silly Hat Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,119
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Epical View Post
    Fucking HATE the kid Sylar is traveling with. He needs to die ASAP.
    This. He's such a frigging tryhard. Grr. He spoils Sylar scenes which is sad because they're about the best part atm

    Though I have a soft spot for Parkman, I wish he'd get away from whingy Peter and start kicking some arse with that mind-control shit.

  3. #2143
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Spoilerless spoiler

    Spoiler: show
    Sylar is supposed to 'gain our hearts' and then do something so horrible that people will hate him again. This seems like the only logical thing with the direction they are going...of course the writers don't account for the fact that everybody fucking hates the kids. Only other person I can think of him killing would be his father.


    I agree, I want Matt to use his powers more. I mean when it comes to indivudual powers (Skipping Peter's, Sylar's, and Aurther's powers to steal others) I think Matt and Hiro's old powers are by far the greatest. It is a toss up between which I would like more. The ability to freeze time and teleport, or the power to manipulate minds. I actually think Matt's powers would be more practical. Not only could you be rich as hell, but you could get he hottest women alive lol.

  4. #2144
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,887
    BG Level
    10

    I used to download the show, and watch it the same night at around 2-3 AM.

    Now, I download it, and I watch it 5-7 days later if I don't forget.

    They ruined this show =( The first season was epic too....

    Edit - Oh, and I used to download the 720P versions, but now I am sticking with the low quality versions XD PROVE YOUR WORTH OR PERISH IN LQ HELL!

  5. #2145
    They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,933
    BG Level
    8

    Big Spoiler, so don't read ahead if you want to be 'surprised' (as if this show is good enough to surprise anybody anymore). I just wanted to throw it in the face of everybody that said I was wrong.

    Spoiler: show
    Daphne will be announced to be alive tonight.


    I can't remember what way this goes. Tonight is either the last episode written by the writers that got fired a few months back. Or the first episode by the first season writer that wrote "Company Man". Either way, it is a praise for change.

  6. #2146
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,434
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Big Spoiler, so don't read ahead if you want to be 'surprised' (as if this show is good enough to surprise anybody anymore). I just wanted to throw it in the face of everybody that said I was wrong.

    Spoiler: show
    Daphne will be announced to be alive tonight.


    I can't remember what way this goes. Tonight is either the last episode written by the writers that got fired a few months back. Or the first episode by the first season writer that wrote "Company Man". Either way, it is a praise for change.
    After the last couple of episodes, guess we all know why they were fired. I will still watch this show no matter what.

  7. #2147
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,939
    BG Level
    10

    Everyone who watches Heroes should know:

    Spoiler: show

    No corpse shown, no death happened.

  8. #2148
    Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,141
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    it's gotten to the point where Heroes is so shitty and 24 has gotten so good that I'm tempted to watch that live instead of Heroes on mondays... something I stopped doing in early 2007.
    I've already reached this point. A few weeks ago I switched to watching 24 at 9 and streaming Heroes the next day. Now I watch 24 live and stream Heroes like 5 days later when I'm bored at work and all my homework is done. And I'm a huge procrastinator, so it's really bad when I wait until AFTER my homework is done to watch a show lol.

    The storyline doesn't seem...I don't know...natural or believable. They seem like they're anxious to push forth certain story settings, so they just throw in the elements of the story they wish to see instead of letting them evolve in a natural way. I don't know if I'm making sense or not, but other people who posted seem to think similarly to me.

  9. #2149
    ٩๏̯͡๏)۶

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    12,248
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

    I know what you mean, to me it feels like nathan just did a complete flip in personality. He's not even believable as a character to me.

  10. #2150
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    I know what you mean, to me it feels like nathan just did a complete flip in personality. He's not even believable as a character to me.
    Nathan changes personalities more than Tara in the "United States of Tara"

  11. #2151
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,528
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    I know what you mean, to me it feels like nathan just did a complete flip in personality. He's not even believable as a character to me.
    Eh, from his (idiotic) point of view, it's like him flying away with exploding Peter all over again. I think his character has just gotten caught up in this quest for the 'greater good' and has flipped sides.

    Now, plot speculation aside, I think the writers were just toolbags and turned someone who could have been a good antihero into a villian for lack of a better option. Maybe they are trying to put away the overpowered bad guys for a season. This might explain why Sylar is off hunting for daddy instead of beating more than just SWAT team ass.

  12. #2152
    A. Body
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,228
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    Everyone who watches Heroes should know:

    Spoiler: show

    No corpse shown, no death happened.
    Also

    Spoiler: show
    a corpse intact can be a corpse revived.

  13. #2153
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,887
    BG Level
    10

    The flip with Nathan being a villian is just stupid; either that, or he just makes one really boring villian.

    The thing that ruined it the most for me is the acting. Some people started strong and have regressively went backward, and some actors just sucked to begin with.

    I literally find myself laughing at scenes that are supposed to be serious....that is a sign they are doing it wrong!

  14. #2154
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    That episode was basically recapping everything we already knew besides Daphne being alive, which everyone already thought.

    The only thing that it shows is the involvement now with Angela and Bennet acting as a team. Oh and that the "bomb" is still inevitable.

  15. #2155
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    anybody else find the floor art in isaac's apartment such bs? lol and why the fuck would matt/peter go back there since clearly nathan knows about it and would have it under surveillance like the hunters apartment, bennet's storage etc.

  16. #2156
    Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,339
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Finally watched a monday night episode. Seems like they want to lead into something halfway decent. Not sure if parkman with a bomb vest and a mushroom cloud in D.C. can be related but I guess there could be an interesting twist involving Angela and Noah's plans. Guessing next week is going to be more claire filler crap and nice sylar stuff. Maaaaybe theyre going to stop trying to give everyone 5 minute scenes that feel like nothing but filler and gear episodes towards specific events to give us more content :\

    Either way, decent cliffhanger, if next week has minimum claire/HiroAndo-time then it should be good.

  17. #2157
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    The episode was decent, which is better than the past few. The end really picked it up as a whole and made it a pretty damn good episode. I mean, most pretty much figured that Angela wanted to stop Nathan some how, but I guess this caps it off.

  18. #2158
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    What I don't get as well is why would Matt even think about using bombs when he could easily kill everyone using his Jedi powers?

    The bomb thing is fine, it stems back to the original storyline of you can not change the future seeing how it is already set in stone.

  19. #2159
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Well, we'll probably find that answer sometime later. Right now you have to make a logical leap forward over a lot of content to try and rationalize it, and it's hard to do. There's probably 15 more episodes before they even start thinking about parkman blowing up Washington.

  20. #2160
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    4,661
    BG Level
    7

    It will be next episode and it will only last 5 minutes.

    Haha, you are right but I thought it was funny.

    To be honest, it will probably be Sylar's butt buddy who tries to blow up DC and Sylar flies away with him to save him and the world!

Page 108 of 145 FirstFirst ... 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disney XD's "Marvel Universe"
    By Ryko in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2015-04-03, 22:18
  2. Heroes - Season 4
    By bori in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 794
    Last Post: 2010-09-12, 18:30
  3. In every hero, there could be a villain.(HEROES SEASON 3!!)
    By Vandole in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 2008-05-13, 11:21
  4. HEROES WAS SO GOOD, OMFG! (Season 2)
    By GraveRobberX in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 1427
    Last Post: 2008-01-24, 14:41
  5. Family Guy season four
    By Russta in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2005-07-19, 15:20