I just don't see the point of dragging papa Suresh into this. Seems to me liek the writers are just trying way to hard now.
I just don't see the point of dragging papa Suresh into this. Seems to me liek the writers are just trying way to hard now.
Angela was 16 and I figure the others were about the same age. The comic took place during the Vietnam war so it would have been after tonight's episode by several years.
Everything that's been said up to this point has made it seem like he wasn't aware of the genetic abnormalities and didn't start exploring it until after Shanti died. I suppose you could argue that they somehow wiped him or made him forget what happened in the camp. It all just seemed forced and shoehorned in.
Good point on the years. Guess they should've gone with 1971...oh well, it's not the first mistake the writers have made.
Any predictions on what will happen in the next 2 episodes? I really hope Peter gets his full ability back and then gets killed by sylar. That would be dope...
From what I understand of the story lines, he always knew about the powers but was trying to scientifically prove it to everyone else. Fueled by his daughters death and a want to make sure that never happened again to anyone, he risked his entire career and reputation as a long time geneticist to try to make public that people with powers can and do exists and, to a lesser degree, there is a life threatening disease that can effect said peoples.
All they showed in this episode was him getting into the first understandings of whats going on. He seemed quite excited at Angela saying she dreamt their conversation. And the only other interaction we know for sure of him seeing powers in action is with Alice. Its quite possible that was his last interaction with someone with abilities for many years to come.
After that event Angela and the other spoke of starting the company. Maybe what they did prevented Chandra from furthering his work. Hard to prove people with abilities exist if you have no one to test on. Which is probably why in the first season he was so excited when Sylar showed back up with an ability after the initial disappointment.
Well the whole Chandra thing was explained in the episode =/
They did say: "We destroyed all files and wiped memories"
So i'm assuming the company went after him and made him forget.
Overall i enjoyed this episodeit actually explained a lot.
wiping chandra's memories would make a lot of sense. Who would have done it though? i suppose charles could do it, but his power felt like its more similar to matt's mind manipulation.
This is how the season is gonna end. The last 10 minutes the Haitian is going to appear out of nowhere, team up with Ando and erase the memory of everybody on earth.
I liked the episode, they found a good girl to play young Angela. It was cool to meet the possible new villain. I havent seen that actress since Mommy Dearest.
My comment about the X-Men wasn't really directed at their use of the storm powers. It was actually in reference to their need for new powers... and was more of a joke.
They've come up with some pretty unique ones, actually. The black hole one was a nice touch (although odd). I think the episode itself was really decent, but I just didn't like the flashback (and the fact that it totally threw off continuity).
1961 was not 50 years ago (although it's close enough to 2011 I suppose). We're supposed to believe all the founders are in their 50s now. If Linderman was a child at that time and then went on to serve in the Vietnam conflict in 1968-1970 (like it stated in the Graphic Novels) he would had to have been from 11-13 years old for it to make any sense. His actor looked 16. That's one problem.
The second problem is you think that Linderman and Angela would have had a stronger bond than Linderman and Arthur, since they both grew up in concentration camps. It also stomps all over the "Adam Monroe brought us all together" when Angela was the one who told them they were going to come together to begin with.
I can see how a bond could develop between Linderman and Arthur after the war and how they could become stronger allies as their course of planning deviated from Angela's.
It was a decent episode overall, it just didn't seem to fit well within continuity. Unless Alice comes back it really didn't add anything significant to the story except for setting up the finale in the last 30 seconds.
Memory of what???
That aside
While Angela laid out the plan what is to say it wasn't Adam who brought them all together and truly got it off the ground? Besides she said they would start a company, and if I remember right there were a hell of a lot more than 4 people in the 'founders' photograph.
Linderman could have been around 15 or 16. I don't recall the GN stating he as 18 during the war.
It would be nice to see one season thread without someone dragging in 'OMG they ripped off the X-Men'.
The whole 'there are bad guys with powers' isn't something people will forget over night...twas a joke.
Kid Linderman's fake british accent was the absolute worst thing ever.
The whole 'we made them forget' thing is a well they've gone to way too much in this show. It's been almost as bad as the time travel.
As far as the last two episodes, it seems pretty clear that Mr. Petrelli and Mr. Petrelli go to Washington.
At one point in the preview they showed Ando getting tranqued/tazed as well. Though him getting captured seems pretty uneventful if it's all resolved by the finale. After refocusing/redeeming Parkman, I don't think they really have a purpose left this season but I'm sure the producers will want them to have a little screen time.
Also, why did they focus on the physical contact portion of Sylar's new power if it didn't make a difference afterall?
I can't recall a moment where he and Nathan have had any physical contact. They never met up at Pinehearst did they?
If it was 1961 would people have been that open to Charles living unsegregated w/ white ppl in the camp, or when they escape they didn't let him dance w/ her but they let him in, or have Chandra Suresh as head of this project back in those days?