Page 60 of 145 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast
Results 1181 to 1200 of 2899

Thread: Heroes Season 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1181
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,528
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

    Quote Originally Posted by Woozie View Post
    Okay, I get it.








    Hey, remember that chick in season 2 that went to the future and never came back? What the heck was that all about?


    Mr. Muggles isn't really male, it's actually a female. She is a time traveling shape shifter from an alternative future. Starting to make sense? I think so! It's all explained during the eclipse blackout in the next episode...

  2. #1182
    Title: "HUBBLE GOTCHU!" (without the quotes, of course [and without "(without the quotes, of course)", of course], etc)
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,141
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraph View Post
    Mr. Muggles isn't really male, it's actually a female. She is a time traveling shape shifter from an alternative future. Starting to make sense? I think so! It's all explained during the eclipse blackout in the next episode...
    Oh okay. NOW I get it.

  3. #1183
    Hayleystrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    7,069
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Kind of random but I came across a a large, clear version of the Villians painting in the Africa guy's hut:

    http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3...iansuf4.th.jpghttp://img227.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

  4. #1184
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    384
    BG Level
    4

    Who is that on the top right?

  5. #1185
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    its supposed to be Sylar

  6. #1186
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,182
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I'm curious why people think the next eclipse will take away powers. The one that happened in episode one didn't take away any powers, just brought out new ones. I would assume the same would happen with this one.

    On the note of peter vs gabriel, like stated before, peter is a pussy. gabriel is not.

    They could have done the Claire scene so much better. They should have left out the "I didn't realize it until today, yadda yadda yadda, I think I'm the catalyst" The whole I didn't realise it until today line is wicked stupid imo. Especially since it would have made more sense to just I just realized. But what can you expect from a bad actress, amirite?!

    my speculation on the ending. Gabriel vs Arthur, with a power struggle to see who can take who's powers first. I don't have any comments on the next part of the season.

    (On a side note I haven't read or watched any interviews so there is bound to be some info that I have commented on that is already proven false since I haven't seen any of that stuff.)

  7. #1187
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sqwunk View Post
    I'm curious why people think the next eclipse will take away powers. The one that happened in episode one didn't take away any powers, just brought out new ones. I would assume the same would happen with this one.
    Because there were leaked spoilers and the new preview that NBC showed right after this episode said it.

  8. #1188
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    43
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Sqwunk View Post
    I'm curious why people think the next eclipse will take away powers. The one that happened in episode one didn't take away any powers, just brought out new ones. I would assume the same would happen with this one.
    Kring said he saw "Fugitives" as a chance "for us to wipe the table [clean]." Kring revealed that the big question that storyline centers on is, "What happens when our people have to go underground and go back to being normal after two and a half years of being superheroes?"

    IGN: Could Heroes Move Away From Serialization?

  9. #1189
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,182
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I see. EZTV torrents do not include the next week spoilers

  10. #1190
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    Quote Originally Posted by Sqwunk View Post
    #1) I'm curious why people think the next eclipse will take away powers. The one that happened in episode one didn't take away any powers, just brought out new ones. I would assume the same would happen with this one.

    #2) my speculation on the ending. Gabriel vs Arthur, with a power struggle to see who can take who's powers first. I don't have any comments on the next part of the season
    #1) Early spoilers said that the eclipse would take away their powers temporarily. And yesterday's preview of next week's episode made it 105% obvious that this, in fact, happens. Don't know how you could of missed of it.

    #2). Sylar doesn't "take" powers away from ppl. He just absorbs/learns them in a diff way diff from Peter. Only reason why it seemed like he "took" the powers away from other ppl is cause everyone else, aside Ell, has been left dead? Arthur literally "takes" other ppl's powers. He is a "power" "sponge" if you touch him.

    And it doesn't end that way, but you would know that if you read various spoilers tags in this thread so I won't say anything more. Next episode will explain how they defeat Arthur, or at least it should be obvious by then.

    Quote Originally Posted by Defconnexion View Post
    Kring said he saw "Fugitives" as a chance "for us to wipe the table [clean]." Kring revealed that the big question that storyline centers on is, "What happens when our people have to go underground and go back to being normal after two and a half years of being superheroes?"
    Go underground as in go into hiding. They get discovered and are hunted like "Fugitives" (hence the title)

  11. #1191
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    I noticed Nathan was hesitant to touch Arthur last night, I don't remember if Peter had told him about it or not?

  12. #1192
    Brown Recluse
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    28,428
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by ZarakiKujata View Post
    I noticed Nathan was hesitant to touch Arthur last night, I don't remember if Peter had told him about it or not?
    He did.

  13. #1193
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    #2). Sylar doesn't "take" powers away from ppl. He just absorbs/learns them in a diff way diff from Peter. Only reason why it seemed like he "took" the powers away from other ppl is cause everyone else, aside Ell, has been left dead? Arthur literally "takes" other ppl's powers. He is a "power" "sponge" if you touch him.
    I haven't read any of the spoiler tag stuff so maybe this is completely off or maybe it's basically what is going to happen, but in the episode before last, Bennett says of Sylar, "What Mr. Grey can do is extraordinary. The ability to transfer power from one vessel to another is extremely rare." I took that to mean that, with sufficient mastery of his abilities, he could take (completely) someone's power, and he could also perform the reverse process. Maybe he just didn't do it entirely with Elle (took the excess of her power that was causing her recent pain, leaving her with the remnants of her power amounting to more-or-less what she originally had).

    So my guess would be that he will take Arthur's acquired powers and give them back to their proper vessels, or at the very least give Peter back his, and maybe keep a few for himself lol

  14. #1194
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,936
    BG Level
    10

    I think the Heroes writers are just floundering at this point.

  15. #1195
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Clockwise:

    Moe from the three stooges as Two Face, House, Eminem, and Kayne West.

  16. #1196
    ¯\(°_o)/¯
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,820
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Clockwise:

    Moe from the three stooges as Two Face, House, Eminem, and Kayne West.
    http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/4189/lupusuz6.png

  17. #1197
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    ALSO

    They are ripping off Watchmen(the movie's special effects at the very least) so bad with some of the effects Sylar went through this episode.

  18. #1198
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    34,936
    BG Level
    10

    I think what happened is that Tim Kring let the success go to his head midway through the first season. That's why the quality hasn't been as good.

    My reaction to Ep.9 is "meh" at best. I loved the scenes between Sylar and Elle and most of the scenes outside of their interaction... but the "Arthur letting go Angela because of love" was just a bit... egh. Robert Forster seems like a good actor but a lot of his lines seem kind of forced. And with Angela, it seems like he forced-her (teehee) into submission just to let her go way too easily.

    I guess that's how we know he's Peter's dad. Maybe Sylar and Nathan inherited his bad-assedness. Peter sure as hell didn't.

    Plus, a lot of the plot feels forced at this point. The writers are creating plotholes and Kring doesn't care (a lot of his responses to fan criticism are basically "fuck you I'm the writer). Nice example: a fan asked the writers what happened to Caitlyn and why she's vanished. They responded that she was originally going to be rescued later on in season 2 but due to the strike they had to change plans. When they asked if Peter would ever acknowledge this the writers simply said "no it will never be touched on again because it would make new viewers feel disoriented".

    What new viewers?

    Another good example is how does 9thwonders keep getting published when Isaac was the publisher and he gave the last issue to his biggest fan? They really need to use new plot devices instead of using references to the first season.

    They need to do what they did in season one - tell individual stories instead of ramming shit down our throats. Since when did Daphne suddenly know that she loves Matt? She's only known him for a freakin' day. Some guy comes off a plane, says he saw you in the future and knew your grandmother's name, and you love him? Shouldn't you, uh, be concerned that maybe he's a spy or a plant against you? No? Darn.

    I still love the show... I just think the spark that made it special has long since left it because writers like Tim Kring have gotten too full of themselves.

  19. #1199
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Sylar is no longer a badass powerhouse or even interesting. His character has become boring and almost entirely crippled. I saw him be "saved" as sort of a good thing, but they did it all wrong and just deleted his character and replaced it with someone else.

    This is actually too common in this show. Character growth is being ignored. Actual character traits are being erased and replaced with things that need to fit the story(which is mostly filler anyway). I mean you could get new characters, but no, ruin the current ones. Everyone looks shapeless and inconsistent, but no in the good/realistic way... the human reactions and overall acting can hardly be called realistic so it is something else. It is terrible.

    Also, I am trying to read this show for themes and I am getting very little. Whatever themes there are, they get dropped within 10 episodes.

    All in all, Heroes is a terrible comic book, but on TV.

  20. #1200
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    I'm more than a little annoyed now that Hiro is a 10 year old. Stupid plot line, as are all of his lately. Bring back the future super-Hiro with the Samurai sword.

Page 60 of 145 FirstFirst ... 10 50 58 59 60 61 62 70 110 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Disney XD's "Marvel Universe"
    By Ryko in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 2015-04-03, 22:18
  2. Heroes - Season 4
    By bori in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 794
    Last Post: 2010-09-12, 18:30
  3. In every hero, there could be a villain.(HEROES SEASON 3!!)
    By Vandole in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 2008-05-13, 11:21
  4. HEROES WAS SO GOOD, OMFG! (Season 2)
    By GraveRobberX in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 1427
    Last Post: 2008-01-24, 14:41
  5. Family Guy season four
    By Russta in forum Bentertainment Geekly
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 2005-07-19, 15:20