Derp.
Sch Merits should most definately include:
- - Strategem Recast (2s off Strategem Recast per Merit)
- Klimaform Duration (10s longer per Merit)
- Weather Duration (20s longer per Merit)
- Enhance Light Arts (2% more potency per Merit)
- Enhance Dark Arts (2% more potency per Merit)
This would be an awesome list, because every Sch would have to go with 5/5 Strategem Recasts, and then you are stuck with either increasing Dark Arts or Light Arts... This would effectively make your Sch alligned to more of a Whm-style play or Blm-style play. I'd go 5/5 Dark Arts for Sure.
As for COR Af2... The Pirate's Tricorne totally has to have "Enhances 'Phantom Roll' Effect", whereby you gain the benefits of having the pimped roll without having the necessary job in the party to buff it (I.e., Evoker's Roll for 2mp-5mp/tick without a Smn in the party), with AGI+5 and DEX+5 on it for lulz. And them Pirate's Gants need to have "Enhances 'Quick Draw' Effect", for usefulness.
But the introduction of ToAU Af2 to Dynamis makes no sense, because you'd need to have Relic Weapons for these jobs, Af-1 in the CoP zones, and Accessories, as well as new Attest Scrolls in Beau, and Weapons in Xarc, for completedness.
Bit late to the page explosion but what the heck.
I think after years of evaluating, SE no long see Bst as a DD. It's now seen as a puller, kiter, and minor link control, hence, why it was put on Skadi's set.
While I think sch is suited to Morrigans and dnc to Skadi's, they'd have added them by now if they were ever going to do it I think, and you know they would have put dnc on Markduk anyway.
No ideas for dnc, but for sch I think one of the ja's might be "Next spell can target anyone",
so Accession -> new ja -> Phalanxga/Stoneskinga/Regenga/etc the melee party while you're in mage party. Oh, and it's on a 15 min timer too....
Hmm. Perhaps a corresponding ja for -ga'ing elemental magic too, again on 15 min timer...
my uncle works at SE
confirmed:
-new "party aid" system
-dnc n sch merit, group 1 onry sorry folks
-pup, blu n cor af2 (acquired through einherjar ampoules and a drop from einherjar)**
-WoTG until mission 14...-_-
-no new areas in the past yet
remember, you first read it here
We have our melees kill statues sometimes, no not the melee weak statues. It's no cardinal sin, it helps when you have 2 BLMs for the whole run and need the statues killed keeps our blms alive longer when they have less duties to do.Originally Posted by Max
Anyway that aside, my thoughts on dynamis :
They recently had an unexplainable server maintenance out of nowhere , to upgrade their hardware didn't they? Took 7 hours or so to install blahblah which is like the last time they upgraded the servers. Combine this with the fact they're announcing MAJOR battle tweaks, and the time they installed it (2 months ahead of the next patch) is making me think that they are testing out instanced dynamis.
I haven't heard anything else to come out of the new upgrades really, nobody's less laggy etc, I know it's a stretch, but this could finally be it. It'd be a dream come true, no more "Scheduling".
I really hope you are kidding.
As far as the whole 'It makes no sense for ToAU AF2 to be in Dynamis'
I can think of at least 5 ways off the top of my head that would allow this.
-PUP are entertainers and COR are adentures/explorers/whatever-
why would they be limited to staying in Aht Urghan during the Crystal War?
-BLU is a little more difficult, but they could be rogue Immortals?
A special team sent to spy/intel
Whatever the case is, there are people that get paid to write story arcs-
and I am certain they could find a way around this.
Very easily remedied- toss in a bunch of blu/cor/pup Campaign NPC's and done.
Also- does anyone else think that the PUP in the pic looks like he is wearing
recolored BLU body with the stripped collar attached? idk
It's easy to add an arc to join the stories, the Shadow Lord used Imps during the crystal war to spy on people, and imps homeland is aht urghan, people could be spying on the spies.
I work for SE. They are giving candy to everyone! You believe me, right?
I remember the last server upgrade allowed SE to have Assaults, Salvage, Einherjar and Lockers.
This latest server upgrade was to upgrade the current server.
Reading your comment, do you think there is a slight possibility that they have decided to make Dynamis instanced like Salvage/Assaults?
It would be so nice if they did.
It is most likely they will be reducing the Dynamis price this September while increasing the drop rate of the Northland Dynamis areas.
Yeah, honestly, I've NEVER engaged one, it's just ingrained into old style dyna shells that Blm's handle stats, melees deal with grunts, etc, and I've only had that type.
Just one of those things that the melees get indoctrinated with, for the love of god, don't hit a statue, I actually had to go into my LS earlier and ask what happens.
'Do they mijin or some shit?'
"Nah, they just spam some awesome AoE's"
'Ah, like sexy spanking AoE's?'
"Sure, minus the sexy part."
ToAU Dyna zone, with gears that drop alexrocks.
Exactly my thoughts. People refuse to work their schedules into the system, so they figure "Hey, we enter at such and such time, we can go anywhere since the other shells don't enter for another hour or 2, who cares if they are supposed to go here or not." My husband even got onto our server's JP Dynamis scheduler a few months ago to solve our conflict problems, just to have a 2 month old shell doing their first outlands steal our zone on the first weekend outland runs we'd been able to schedule for months...
Instanced Dynamis would solve so many problems... IDC if I can no longer have an hourglass mule to give late people a glass, if it means that other shells can no longer gank our outlands.