If they make me pay gil or buy some stupid material for it I'm going to kill someone.
If they make me pay gil or buy some stupid material for it I'm going to kill someone.
Full pieces surely won't drop. The ToAU-job AF-armor crafter (at least for PUP) upon completion of standard AF set said something along the lines of that there's a better set out there and only her sister could make it, and she stopped making it or died or didn't have materials... I forgot. I could realistically see a combination of Einherjar tresure chest drops paired up with 5 different crafting items purchased with Ampoules. Lolspeculation, but I think it wouldn't be too far fetched to have a system like the following.
1) Obtain a job-specific drop from the Einherjar chest on win regardless of wing (higher wings might have higher drop rates?), for example the items Septimus outlined, similar to hoping your shit drops from a Limbus crate upon completion.
2) Purchase an overpriced Theron Ichor item that corresponds to which piece of your job's AF2 you want.
Lv.71 piece=10,000 amps "Torn Manipulator's Churidars"
Lv.72 piece=10,000 amps "Torn Manipulator's Babouches"
Lv.73 piece=10,000 amps "Torn Manipulator's Dastanas"
Lv.74 piece=15,000 amps "Torn Manipulator's Tobe"
Lv.75 piece=20,000 amps "Torn Manipulator's Taj"
3) Speak to the AF crafter, they will request the previously mentioned items as well as shit like "Griffon Hide" or other Dynamis-crafted shit. Oh, and 10+ Imperial Gold Coins.
4) Wait until next conquest tally to receive your 1 year+ late armor.
CFR on this.I doubt it will be in dynamis when they specifically said it won't.
I'm going to evoke Occam's Razor on this and go with the simplest answer. Which would be that it's going to drop normally off of Dynamis creatures. No fancy quest or any other special requirement.
So instead of it dropping rarely from Dynamis that we can do with 12 people, it'd come from something you need 25+ to beat. That'd be much better.![]()
I think its a good idea to mention that this is just the first half of this server upgrade/maintenance there will be another part scheduled for a later date. This probably means that no one will see much improvement on the server lag til both parts are finished. Or this may just be adding additional servers for something like you said: Dynamis limbus instanced zones. But I think that everyone can agree that this is a good thing, even if all it does is give us 2 extra shots at nm's who's spawn times are predictable after maintenance...
I agree Einherjar is more fun than Dynamis.I'd rather scrape together 25+ people for 30 minutes than 12 people for a 3+ hour snoozefest. Plus, if they actually do add these AF pieces to Einherjar, I expect the interest will go up quite a bit, so finding people will at the very least be slightly easier than it currently is, for people who have trouble filling spots.
That's the main issue, Einherjar is all good and fun for shells who routinely field 30 to it. For shells who bring 16~ just clearing T1's can be a challenge, while that same 16~ can walk into Dynamis and walk out with a pretty fair amount of loot, even if it does take 5x longer.
I have a feeling its going to cost that 100k ampoule item per piece
Um...100k for an item would require at least a year of work for just one item lol
I'd rather take my chances with it dropping from dyna-xarc.
This is also an MMO... and SE. In life, yes, usually the simplest answer prevails because that's how nature works. As humans, we are concerned with cost efficiency, so that's how we work, too.
But in a game, developers purposefully design challenges that defy "the simplest answer", which would simply be to give the items to you in exchange for a fee. Hell, some games even do that already.
However, Occam's Razor is not really a good indication of how MMO game developers, let alone SE, will go about introducing PUP AF2.
Yeah, I realize that, it's just that all these weird theories about relic armor dropping in Einjerhar is making my eyes roll. At least the theories about craft items dropping in Dynamis sound a little more plausible.
All I'm saying is that the most likely event is that SE is going to simply add the ToAU relic armor in the already present Dynamis drop pools, and leave it at that. No fancy smancy quest, no Einjerhar, no trade items for relic armor, nothing fancy.
Of course, it is all just 100% speculation, and none of us, unless someone is a tester working at SE working on FFXI, will know the answer until September. In the mean time, I'll keep rolling those eyes at these strange theories.![]()