Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52
Results 1021 to 1034 of 1034
  1. #1021
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Oo that does look interesting, but sadly I dunno if it will help imbalances. And there's still little to do at 40 outside of farming cities. :/ I love that game though ;_;

  2. #1022
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,514
    BG Level
    6

    I like the updates. Their version of level sync is pretty cool too. The start in a guild concept is nice and tempting, wonder if you are immersed in group play immediately as a noob or you still choose that part. I also need to go look up the areas that they are starting people off in now.

    I have considered his game for some time, purely because I like the snobby style of their elfs and the grotesque realism of their skin textures.

  3. #1023
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,282
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

    I tried playing this game about 3 weeks ago. I made 3 different characters to start out and see how things went. All 3 characters I made, in different starting areas, had some sort of bug with them. I had a quest as a dwarf I could not turn in and the NPC would constantly run into this table and glitch out. I got stuck a few times as a human as well. I don't know if the game will ever be good as it has been out over a year now and they are still having issues with simple things. I like the battle pace and it looks to be simple enough like WoW but it is much too buggy to enjoy.

  4. #1024
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I was sort of expecting something like this since EA put Mythic under Bioware and canned - errr..... Mark Jacobs left the company.

    Too little too late IMO, that game launched with a strong player base and absolutely bombed lol.

  5. #1025
    Bacon
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    196
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Argent Dawn

    I'll have to check this out again. Tried it awhile ago and enjoyed the PvP focus. I also liked their art style and character design. PvP content was refreshing change from ffxi. Infinite trial is intresting, may be worth another shot.

  6. #1026
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    173
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Dragonmaw

    Sorry to bump the old thread but does anyone still play this? I'm considering giving it a chance and just want to see whats up.

  7. #1027
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    22,830
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    I thought about remaking a character for the free to play part (the tier 1 area) just so I could do some battlegrounds again, but they are down to 7 servers lol so dunno how much longer they're going to last.

  8. #1028
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    726
    BG Level
    5

    Yes, I would try out the trial first. It gives you access to everything in Tier 1 (Level 1-10).

    The new player experience is nice, it is a lot more streamlined then when I first played it. Basically everyone starts in the Empire vs Chaos area so there is a real concentration of players, also the quest lines are more streamlined.

    The game is actually a lot of fun (especially if you have a good guild or group to play with) until you hit Tier 4. (End Game Level 32-40) Once you cap out then its a grind fest. But it can be fun depending on who you are playing with.

    It is the best PVP game I've played. Only reason I stopped playing is because I got tired of grinding renown. I helped killed the king which was really the final challenge in the game. So not much left for me to do.

  9. #1029
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Hate you for bumping this. I was actually going to resub last night because there isn't really any other decent mmo's out there till 14 comes out.

    I had a shadow warrior on a server but I have no idea if it's been deleted(I hope not) I actually started to like that class last time I played.


    edit: oh fuck I can't find it on character search

  10. #1030
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Old Odin
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,104
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Cyn Dane
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    I thought you were a Chosen IC.

    I'd honestly rather play nothing than go back to my WL unless I hear about a ton of major changes in the game.

  11. #1031
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,236
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    http://users.telenet.be/mmodata/Charts/150k-1m.png

    The straight drop that is Warhammer on this chart pretty much shows how good the game is. D:

  12. #1032
    BG Staff
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    27,188
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I thought you were a Chosen IC.

    I'd honestly rather play nothing than go back to my WL unless I hear about a ton of major changes in the game.
    Yeah I have a chosen but I was playing a shadow warrior around the time I quit. I think I got it to 27 and started to like it more once I got that rapid fire something ability.

  13. #1033
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    12,621
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

    I'm more impressed w/ how that chart depicts FFXI, its still going strong

  14. #1034
    The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    20,640
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I'm more impressed w/ how that chart depicts FFXI, its still going strong
    Its a community game - everyone sticks around for eachother. JPs aren't leaving (nothing good in their market), and NAs probably play it and dingle around with other games on the side, like Ksandra.

    That's a good chart, though. It shows the meteoric rise and fall of two over-hyped games aimed a the mainstream western audience that failed to do exactly what I just posted about:

    -Identify flaws and imbalances.
    -Bring about rapid changes to those flaws and imbalances.

    Its a far harsher world than the one FFXI was born into. Everyone was doing well when FFXI came out, but because there are so many MMOs to choose from between now and then, people simply won't put up with frustrating bullshit anymore. Every company needs to note this.

    On a side note, I laugh at Star Trek Online. That game is going to go the way of Warhammer, only without the 800k subs at one point.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52

Similar Threads

  1. Pokemon Platinum is coming!
    By Kenai in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 2008-08-19, 13:20
  2. Warhammer online beta
    By Fallso in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 2007-10-19, 06:22