Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Nvidia 8400GS - anyone?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #1
    Smells like Onions
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2
    BG Level
    0

    Nvidia 8400GS - anyone?

    New laptop, Dell XPS M1330.

    Specs: 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, Nvidia 128MB 8400 GS - running Vista Ultimate x64.

    Issues (surprisingly, no its not crashing)

    If using SE Windower, everything is fine as far as I can tell (all Iv done is run arounf Windy on the laptop so far).

    If I use Windower, configured with the same res as my Laptop (1280x800), it cuts a bit off the bottom of the screen - i.e I can just about see my name above where the HP bar normally is.

    Anyone else have this or have a suggestion? I have seen many threads about Nvidia and FFXI but its all about crashing. Mine isnt crashing. If I change the screen res in launcher.ini I get some overlay issues (certain boxes dont show up, like menu box's, typed letters in chat dont display etc).

    Thanks in advance. I can play without Windower for now but I'd be lieing if I said I wouldnt miss recast and distance!

  2. #2
    And they're spectacular!
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    609
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Mitzy Mystfire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Titan

    I had this same problem on my new PC under XP with an ATI 4850, with my desktop and FFXI windower resolution both set to 1440x900. While I'm at work and not 100% certain that this was the fix for it, I recall that I had to set "Run in Windowed mode" under FFXI Config, and turn on "True Full Screen" via Windower.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2008-12-22, 03:34
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2007-12-08, 20:22