Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 310
  1. #81
    Banned.

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,533
    BG Level
    7

    I can't buy it with an English CC? If you can see it on your character and it fucking shines like the vid I might want one, but it's probably 24HR recharge haha.

  2. #82
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    955
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Oulanbator View Post
    Well, some chinese guy won a trial against a company publishing a MMO about an issue like this ( he paid for an in-game item, the company nerfed it and had to un-nref his item).

    I really find the concept disgusting.
    There are MMOs that work around this concept, however, these MMO are free to play.
    SE is basically asking us to pay twice: for the shop and for the monthly subscription.

    What's next ? A item that teleports to Fafnir and Tiamat, tracks windows and claims 100% for $ 300 ?
    Fact is you do not have to buy it, I think square realized how successful the RMT business was by looking at ridiculous amounts of real life currency people spend on gil illegally and saw there was a market.

    You cannot fault SE for this, they are a company they are here to make money. You also cannot call everyone who purchases a RMT or have morality issues because some people are actual fans of the game that care that much to own a piece of twisted metal.

    I am not buying this item because I am not interested in the real life item, the in-game item to me is simply meh, but if SE ever decided to tack on an extra 1 or 2 dollars a month option to either merge two characters of the same accounts mogspace, or to double triple normal inventory spaces I most definitely would pay it.

  3. #83
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    441
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by Thiefami View Post
    You cannot fault SE for this, they are a company they are here to make money. You also cannot call everyone who purchases a RMT or have morality issues because some people are actual fans of the game that care that much to own a piece of twisted metal.
    I could maybe accept this if it was an interesting item (I know the nation rings are popular, for example, and I understand wanting those), but this was an item created solely to lure people in with the in-game item. If that wasn't the case, they would have made a replica of The CoP Rings, or some awesome DEX rings or something. You know, popular EXISTING items. But no, the only reason people are interested in buying this is for the in-game item.

    Maybe if we can't mock them for participating in RMT we can at least get on their case for buying such an ugly piece of trash? Presuming they don't admit they're just buying it for the in-game item, of course...

  4. #84
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    94
    BG Level
    2

    Anal beads with warp ability. Such a waste.

  5. #85
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    4,921
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Loziel View Post
    Are people seriously getting butthurt over this? If you dont want it, dont buy it.

    I could understand people moaning if they were introducing something that was actually game breaking or gave people who purchased a distinct advantage over non participating players.
    the point you're missing is, most people do want it. but most people like to get their in game items by earning them in game. if the only way to get something they want is to pay real money for it, it feels like blackmail, especially when
    1) they feel the price is too much
    2) it's disguised as selling some piece of crap metal that nobody actually cares about.

  6. #86
    Dice and rum
    Not necessarily in that order

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,025
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellikard View Post
    Just purchased mine and got this in an e-mail from SE:...

    <IMPORTANT NOTICE TO OUR CUSTOMERS>
    *Your credit card has been charged by the amount shown in order detail. *The shipping will start from late September. Hoever depending on your order date, the product may arrive in or past October.
    *Please note that delivery may be delayed due to the nature of the made-to-order production run.

    ... but waiting past October for the item would be ridiculous...
    I want to order it, but I don't want another case like the Harps -- hello JP customers getting it first!

  7. #87
    Piece of shit Bruins fan

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,520
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Quote Originally Posted by Thistle View Post
    I want to order it, but I don't want another case like the Harps -- hello JP customers getting it first!
    If JP customers getting special treatment bothers you, you should have quit a long, long time ago.

  8. #88
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I'll admit, I bought one.

    I can use it twice a week for Einherjar and twice a week for Limbus, it'll save me like 3,200 gil a week (two Imperial Silver Pieces, two 300 gil payments to the Aht Urghan teleport NPC, and two 100 gil payments to get on the boat!).

  9. #89
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    3,717
    BG Level
    7

    The fantasy-driven escapist in me says:
    I like the idea of calling forth Leviathan and manipulating the waves to get me to my destination.

    The practical FFXI-playing realist in me says:
    I don't think I'm going to blow a good amount of my gas money on buying a pendant that won't actually help me get anywhere in the real world.

  10. #90
    RIDE ARMOR
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    17
    BG Level
    1
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

    I noticed in the video that they used the item on the Dock. So does it mean that you have to pay to get onto the the dock before being able to use it? Will you need an airship pass in order to use it to/from Jeuno or does this bypass that requirement?

  11. #91
    Sandworm Swallows
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    7,328
    BG Level
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Do you also buy gil?

    The fact that people are happy to spend $40+ on an in-game teleport item makes me nauseous. Regardless of what $40 means to you, don't you see anything wrong with it? This is basically first party RMT with quarter machine quality jewelry tacked on to pretend it isn't.
    You do understand that the term RMT is used for money that is traded OUTSIDE of the owners of the game's permission right?

    God damn, people that say that this is RMT are fucking retarded. I absolutely hate gil-buyers, but this isn't the same ballpark, this isn't even the same fucking sport.

  12. #92
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    I'm guessing you just have to be in the zone, which is why there is only Jeuno <=> Kazham and no Jeuno => Windurst, etc.

  13. #93
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    5,360
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik View Post
    Except the money is going to the company of SE - the same ones who make this game, and not some dude in china.
    I mean you pay 12.95 a month at minimum for XI right, do you consider that RMT?
    Paying to play the game in the first place is a lot different than paying real money for virtual items, which is by definition real money trade. If SE started selling gil, ebodys, d. rings, relics, etc. you would be cool with that too right?

    This is the kind of item that should be the reward for doing a quest, or an in-game holiday type event. Regardless of what $40 means to you, why are you willing to give your money away like that, to a company that's so blatanty shitting on your face?

  14. #94
    Hydra
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    101
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Not really. 'Real money trade' as it applies to FFXI is defined specifically in (and thus, by) the ToS. Which is a set of rules that SE themselves are not bound to. It's their property.

  15. #95
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,712
    BG Level
    10

    I kind of want one just for the armor in the video, pretty spiffy looking town gear imo. 40+ dollars though, come on SE. I wonder if they even ship to APO addresses.

  16. #96
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Damn you SE for actually making me consider spending over $40 on a trinket I will basically throw away just to use the in-game item.

    Damn you ><

  17. #97
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    441
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Quote Originally Posted by ringthree View Post
    You do understand that the term RMT is used for money that is traded OUTSIDE of the owners of the game's permission right?

    God damn, people that say that this is RMT are fucking retarded. I absolutely hate gil-buyers, but this isn't the same ballpark, this isn't even the same fucking sport.
    RMT = Real Money Trade

    Trading REAL money for non-tangible goods is where the term came from. You are giving real money for an in-game item. This just happens to be official and supported RMT.

    Anyone who says they're buying it for the real necklace is full of it.

  18. #98
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    51,712
    BG Level
    10

    No APO option on the purchase page. SE DOESN'T SUPPORT TEH TROOPS!

  19. #99
    Sponsored by Orton
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    4,517
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    FFS, people stop QQing over this being "RMT". Yes in the sense of the word, this is RMT...but then again so where the in-game items for fan fest participants and the Harpiscord as well.

    Buying these pendants isn't going to crash the economy. The only pockets this will pad or SE's RL ones.

    Also, I'm calling for this item to have a recast time of 1 week like the Treat Staff from the Halloween events. When something sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

  20. #100
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,478
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    To the guy who was asking that you'd need to be on the docks: If we're following the video to the dot, the talisman should also teleport your entire party.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2009-06-11, 19:08
  2. Replies: 115
    Last Post: 2008-08-18, 11:11