Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 310
  1. #161
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    210
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    I like how buying the CD was cool but this isn't.

    Spoilers:

    I'm going to buy the necklace. My girlfriend actually wants it. I will take the in game item.

    Everyone would become RMT at some point. Doubt me? if your friend quit the game and said "hey buddy I have like 50 mil on my account. you want it? I'll sell it to you for $1 so I can buy myself a soda." You sure as hell would say yes.

    That doesn't have anything to do with SE, but still. This is an item, not gil. It will not effect the economy. No other players were mpkd by some gilsellers to get it. No one was hurt in the making of this in game item, as it were.

    Is $43 too much? hey maybe. But everything is worth only as much as someone else will pay.

    You might as well say "What the ****?! $1000 for a micky mantle rookie card! OMG R U DUM that is a piece of cardboard!"




    I will say: I want to know the recharge time on the ingame item. I am going to e-mail SE and see if they will tell me ><

  2. #162
    The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    15,071
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

    It's probably shitty, like once per conquest.

  3. #163
    Ashira
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    It's nothing new for a company to offer merchandise w/has online in-game appeal...
    I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with the argument, but I'm going to nitpick, because every time I try to read Katlan's posts I get really confused.

    "w/" is "with," not "which," and it's consistently used incorrectly in your posts, and it drives me batty because I try to read it as "with" and nothing makes sense.

  4. #164
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Hurr durr.

    SE are RMT! They let you play FFXI... AND IT COSTS MONEY! fucking hippocrats.

  5. #165
    Ashira
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyreth View Post
    First off, S-E's going to experiment with stuff like this. Everquest did it. So has just about every long-lived MMORPG in the world of any real size to merchandize. WoW certainly has.
    WoW merchandising is out of hand. Seriously.

  6. #166
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    This thread is extremely useful in the same manner as reading shouts in Whitegate. It's a forewarning allowing you to see which people are too dumb to interact with in any meaningful way, and my ignore list becomes more efficient because of it.

  7. #167
    Tottenham 'til I die
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    This is a new low for SE.

  8. #168
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by oldoldman View Post
    This is a new low for SE.
    Thanks for your valued input Q_Q.

    I was gonna buy it but then I realized I'd be paying 50 bucks for something I could spend 1 minute and a couple IS to do.

  9. #169
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,644
    BG Level
    9

    I wouldn't mind so much if I knew the money from sales would be going to FFXI development, but instead it'll likely wind up going into Final Fantasy VII: Fetch Cid's Coffee.

  10. #170
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,746
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

    Pay $43, but watch it have 10 charges.

  11. #171
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,738
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Siren

    Childish nerd infighting aside, the little background story bit was semi interesting. Whoever it was that guessed earlier it's leviathan wrapped around the pillar in the Amano painting was right. I guess the idea is that it's supposed to sweep you across bodies of water akin to levi. Oh and don't forget it looks like it's party-wide like nomad caps. So just force someone in your ls to buy it so you can reap the benefits for free

  12. #172
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    210
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

    To the people saying this is RMT because you are buying something that gives you an advantage over people who do not have it in game:

    I assume you have no expansions then right? I mean... an expansion is paying real money for content that gives you an advantage over people in game who do not have the expansion.



    If you need help putting your foot in your mouth let me know.

  13. #173
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    332
    BG Level
    4

    Well, lets see... if I'm SE, and I can either put years of development & tons of money into an expansion that I can charge $30 bucks for, or I can sell a piece of shit necklace for $45 bucks + make money on the shipping & watch people gobble it up.

  14. #174
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    3,885
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashira View Post
    I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with the argument, but I'm going to nitpick, because every time I try to read Katlan's posts I get really confused.

    "w/" is "with," not "which," and it's consistently used incorrectly in your posts, and it drives me batty because I try to read it as "with" and nothing makes sense.
    Marry me.

  15. #175
    BRP
    BRP is offline
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    15,019
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I wouldn't mind so much if I knew the money from sales would be going to FFXI development, but instead it'll likely wind up going into Final Fantasy VII: Fetch Cid's Coffee.
    If money from sales were going to FFVII: Fetch Cid's Coffee, I would buy three.

  16. #176
    New Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    204
    BG Level
    4

    To the people saying this is RMT because you are buying something that gives you an advantage over people who do not have it in game:

    I assume you have no expansions then right? I mean... an expansion is paying real money for content that gives you an advantage over people in game who do not have the expansion.



    If you need help putting your foot in your mouth let me know.
    Yes, because paying for access to a plethora of new zones, content, storyline, mobs and gear that likely took a lot of money and time for SE to develop is the same thing as paying for a single in-game item and a $5 piece of jewelry. Not to mention that paying for monthly fees and expansions is giving players the opportunity to better their characters through, you know, playing the game, whereas this is just paying cash to directly better one's character.*

    If you need help coming up with any more false analogies let me know.

    *this statement doesn't apply to anyone who would still buy this necklace even if it didn't come with the in-game item, of course.

  17. #177
    the whitest knight u' know
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    15,485
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

    It's merch. Get the fuck over it.

    The item for sale is not the in game hideous fucking coat/necklace combo thing.

    The in-game item is incentive... bonus... icing-on-the-cake... however else you want to refer to it. It's a fucking marketing tactic that doesn't cost them a cent and it will work.

  18. #178
    Member of Nikkei's Harem
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    455
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

    Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    If money from sales were going to FFVII: Fetch Cid's Coffee, I would buy three.
    I wouldn't- it is out of character for him to drink coffee. He should be drinking some GODDAMN TEA.

  19. #179
    MaachaQ
    Guest

    Wow... Square already charged my credit card for this... most places don't charge you for stuff until they actually ship it...

  20. #180
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    731
    BG Level
    5

    Doesn't WoW have trading cards that you can get codes for in-game items on some? I got some sort of pig costume or something like over a year ago and there was a mount you could get.

    You know what would be cool, if you could buy a FFXI lunchbox from SE and then the give you a code for an in-game Lunchbox that let you stack Juice to 12, that would break the game and destroy balance.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 2009-06-11, 19:08
  2. Replies: 115
    Last Post: 2008-08-18, 11:11