+ Reply to Thread

Thread: FFXI on Mac's     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Scuzzelbutt

FFXI on Mac's

I've been playing on my MacPro w/ Boot camp for about 2 years now. I have been running Window's XP but just recently I sold a Laptop and sold the Windows XP copy along with it. So I went and ordered the 32 bit Windows Vista for fairly cheap. I can get Vista installed and everything is ready to go until I get to installing the drivers. It seems that the graphic card drivers arent working correctly. I have went to the Nvidia website for the drivers but I keep getting an error when I try to download from the website.

I have tried to reboot and reinstall Windows Vista 3x's now so I dont think it's a corrupted installation. I talked to Apple yesterday and they told me that my drivers were out of date since Leopard came out just recently and my drivers are from 1yr ago.

Anyone else have this problem and what did you do to get these working.

MacPro
    Nvidia 7300 GT

If I'm missing any information just ask...

Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    BG Level

You get an error when you try to *download*? Please explain.

Edit: Try this direct link: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Window...glish_whql.exe

Scuzzelbutt

The error says something just like this "internet explorer has encountered a problem" and it restarts.

I downloaded that file already on another PC and tried to use it but it's still not working for me.

I am just wondering if Vista is supported with my version of the MacPro.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

As a fellow MacPro w/Nvidia and FFXI owner, but using Windows XP, my main question:

32bit Vista? The Mac Pro is 64bit. And doesn't Boot Camp (the app or the Leopard install DVD) have all your drivers on it, why the need to download them?

Scuzzelbutt

Really I am not sure, when I used XP I booted all the drivers right from the DVD and it worked perfect. When I do the same thing for the Vista OS the driver for the video card is wacked out.

I don't think MacPro supports 64 bit Vista. I think I am just going to have to buy XP again and throw Vista out the door.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Have you updated bootcamp via the Apple software updater? (in Windows itself, not in leopard)

Version 2.1 came out a month or so ago, which included drivers for near everything I've found as far as WinXP SP2 on my MacBook Pro was concerned, including more up-to-date graphics drivers (somewhere in the middle of 2008, can't recall specifically since I'm running OSX atm) for the 8600m GT in this puppy.

[EDIT] Seems they got direct-links to them on their site.