Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 784
  1. #241
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Amele View Post
    the level cap gear requirement going away is another nail in the nearly closed coffin of that vampire we all like to call 'crafting' which bothers me a little bit.. some of the staple skillup synths in all crafts these days are level cap gear sets, where certain pieces would never sell *period* if they weren't part of storing that set.

    I recognize that HQ pieces and other things that people live on when they are already high level won't go away, but losing a skillup market stings for anyone who isn't already there. - I'm hopeful SE is going to examine what they can do for crafting soon, it's rapidly becoming not worth it for anyone who isn't already 90+.
    D: I had a friend who made tons of money HQ'ing the Lv30 seer's stuff for small profits. It will be interesting how this changes crafting. I recently noticed a fleeting supply of crafters as it seems people don't level crafts anymore and those at 100 are slowly leaving the game. Although that has increased my cooking profits...

  2. #242
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,133
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    I'm predicting it'll be necessary to lock this thread by Wednesday.

  3. #243
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,822
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries
    3

    i just love this cos it means i can bring my SMN to djinn and enjoy it with good exp.

  4. #244
    New Spam Forum
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    192
    BG Level
    3
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Anyone that sees this update in a negative light needs to either quit the game or seek therapy, as resentment is clouding their better judgment.

  5. #245
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,103
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i just love this cos it means i can bring my SMN back to djinn again
    did the djinn not die out and just become a norm bomb now? after that update they are about the same rate to blow up as the others know? its no longer 100% (w/e that move is called)

  6. #246
    Official THE Alpha and Omega
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    5,892
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Spira View Post
    i just love this cos it means i can bring my SMN to djinn and enjoy it with good exp.
    No, you cap your level based on another player's level. You can't solo cap your level or cap to whatever you want. It's called "level sync" for a reason.

  7. #247
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,103
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxxthepenguin View Post
    No, you cap your level based on another player's level. You can't solo cap your level or cap to whatever you want. It's called "level sync" for a reason.
    duo? in the past you could solo them but its harder to do so now that its not 100% blow up.
    duo seems like it might be better and there are a tone TONE TONE of smns around solo lvls.

  8. #248
    Ashira
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Amele View Post
    the level cap gear requirement going away is another nail in the nearly closed coffin of that vampire we all like to call 'crafting' which bothers me a little bit.. some of the staple skillup synths in all crafts these days are level cap gear sets, where certain pieces would never sell *period* if they weren't part of storing that set.

    I recognize that HQ pieces and other things that people live on when they are already high level won't go away, but losing a skillup market stings for anyone who isn't already there. - I'm hopeful SE is going to examine what they can do for crafting soon, it's rapidly becoming not worth it for anyone who isn't already 90+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    D: I had a friend who made tons of money HQ'ing the Lv30 seer's stuff for small profits. It will be interesting how this changes crafting. I recently noticed a fleeting supply of crafters as it seems people don't level crafts anymore and those at 100 are slowly leaving the game. Although that has increased my cooking profits...
    It shouldn't change THAT much. You still have to have ONE person natively this level to have anyone cap down. That person is not going to be able to wear gear above the level they are currently on that job. And if said person gets friends who are 60+ to come EXP with them by synching their jobs, these are people that would not have normally have even existed on those jobs in this time frame.

    As to level capped gear, a lot of people sell back anything they purchase for level caps.

    The people who are seeking in various levels will still be seeking and will still need the gear, and that's where most of the money comes from - the people leveling the new jobs. For level cap areas, the stuff got recycled, and someone selling something they bought 2 days ago cuts into SOMEONE's profits selling a newly synthed item.

  9. #249
    They're just like us
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    D: I had a friend who made tons of money HQ'ing the Lv30 seer's stuff for small profits. It will be interesting how this changes crafting. I recently noticed a fleeting supply of crafters as it seems people don't level crafts anymore and those at 100 are slowly leaving the game. Although that has increased my cooking profits...
    That's an interesting take on it, I thought that it was the craft bots getting ban hammered harder and harder helping to do that.
    Asura's been kind to me so far in regards to crafting, but honestly it's back to square one when you transfer as far as income goes.

  10. #250
    Air
    Air is offline
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    51
    BG Level
    2

    This is gonna make so easier. But, on the other hand, opens a new world of possibilites for us, the players.
    And it makes our life easier too, yeah.

  11. #251
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    D: I had a friend who made tons of money HQ'ing the Lv30 seer's stuff for small profits. It will be interesting how this changes crafting. I recently noticed a fleeting supply of crafters as it seems people don't level crafts anymore and those at 100 are slowly leaving the game. Although that has increased my cooking profits...
    the whole system really just needs to be reworked, honestly. 36 synths per skill level on average causes massive flooding of anything that isn't consumable and half of these can't even be desynthed or turned in for guild points, so nothing is really destroying them.

    possible solutions include turning crafting (at least certain stretches of it) into gil sources in the greater economy by making synths viable for npc selling, or finding a way to destroy more durables, or increasing the skillup rate post 60 on durable items.

  12. #252
    Scuzzelbutt
    Guest

    I am a little confused, can you level with 75's if you are level 10? Or is it only for leveling with people that are lower than you?

  13. #253
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by Scuzzelbutt View Post
    I am a little confused, can you level with 75's if you are level 10? Or is it only for leveling with people that are lower than you?
    You can only level down to exp with lower-level people.

  14. #254
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,528
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Lightbringer

    I actually think this might help crafting, not hurt it. Since people couldn't level cap before, they would either already have the amror they needed or had no reason to buy it. Now that they can level cap, they might actually have a reason to go buy gear for that level.

    If they still don't, there is no change. However, some people might go back now and buy level cap armor to optimize their level capped playing, and this helps the crafters. I can only see the boost in leveling of any kind as a good thing for crafters. Consumables, and non-comsumables alike.

  15. #255
    Chram
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    2,624
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Ashira View Post
    It shouldn't change THAT much. You still have to have ONE person natively this level to have anyone cap down. That person is not going to be able to wear gear above the level they are currently on that job. And if said person gets friends who are 60+ to come EXP with them by synching their jobs, these are people that would not have normally have even existed on those jobs in this time frame.

    As to level capped gear, a lot of people sell back anything they purchase for level caps.

    The people who are seeking in various levels will still be seeking and will still need the gear, and that's where most of the money comes from - the people leveling the new jobs. For level cap areas, the stuff got recycled, and someone selling something they bought 2 days ago cuts into SOMEONE's profits selling a newly synthed item.
    it's more the large number of items that are used exclusively for storing sets (these being their only use in the wider market) that are going to see a major demand reduction because now there is that much less incentive to store sets.

    although this is speculation on my part (as I freely admit) and will require seeing what reduced stats actually look like to determine if my concerns bear out.

    the sync thing is awesome - I'm mostly concerned about the lack of need/incentive to store cap sets for 30/40 BCNM and some of the popular capped ENMs that comes from the wider 'battlefield gear' change.

  16. #256
    CoP Dynamis
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    282
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    I think what I like most about this update is that I will be able to exp on my 75 NIN without having to be a DD/merit set up. The reason I started playing NIN in the first place was b/c I loved to tank, and now I can throw on the SH and my debuffing tools and head back out to gustav tunnel to get some gobs and hell bats.


    I wonder how the dmg will scale down for bullets? Any point on buying "bullets" when I can just use my scaled iron bullets on my COR? I guess the same can be said about all the ammo

    great update

  17. #257
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    17,291
    BG Level
    9

    And here I thought the announcement of BLU/COR/PUP Relic and AF+1 would be the greatest thing in the update....

    It's going to be great being able to help LS members with CoP now. I refused to before since having 4 75 jobs takes a ton of space.

  18. #258
    Faithe
    Guest

    I'm sorry but level 71-75 is probably the worst grind out of all the levels, especially level 74.

    You are pretty much sharing the same camp as merit party and nobody in their right mind at level 75 would invite you.

    This update is just too awesome. I would gladly join a level60 colibri party on my level 72 pld for 10k+ exp per hour.

  19. #259
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,210
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    I wish they would revamp some of the older armor sets. Especially the large amount of stat less armor that exists.

    I'll be really interested to see how sync'd armor will compare with normal armor at any given level range. I have a feeling some of the sync'd armor sets will be superior to anything else available.

  20. #260
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    348
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Why do I get the feeling they only did this because they couldn't figure out how to fix the "Find Member" button..?

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is there any way to make the dunes less painful?
    By Tarage in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 2007-12-12, 16:11
  2. Anybody know how to change the port FFXI uses?
    By JoOeetheplatypuS in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 2006-10-27, 21:57