Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 251

Thread: Fallout 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #181
    Ive sucked 27 dicks, in a row.
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,569
    BG Level
    6

    Just out of curiosity, for those of you who are saying you don't like it, what don't you like? What type of games do you prefer?

    And yeah, the third person view is even crappier than Oblivion. It's still more of a vanity/screenshot mode than actually playable. Looks fine still, but the animations are crap.

  2. #182
    EAST BAY JEDI DONT GIVE A FUCK
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    2,152
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Zosi View Post
    Just out of curiosity, for those of you who are saying you don't like it, what don't you like? What type of games do you prefer?

    And yeah, the third person view is even crappier than Oblivion. It's still more of a vanity/screenshot mode than actually playable. Looks fine still, but the animations are crap.
    i reeally dont like how third person looks too but i love first person for damn sure

  3. #183
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    I have a Rl friend who was super hyped for it, loves oblivion and didnt like it, after I explained more about the game and helped him with a few things, he loves it now. Im guessing alot of the people who dont like it wont understand how it plays, im guessing some people will think its just a shooter and not play like an RPG.

  4. #184
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,147
    BG Level
    7

    The index for the guide seems lacking. I went straight to Megaton after the vault and can't find info on NPC's and quests anywhere on the guide. I did find a page with a map/NPC name's and listings..but no actual guide for the side quests.

    and yea, I'm amazed at how awful third person is. Oblivion wasn't nearly this shitty.

  5. #185
    An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,178
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    I have a Rl friend who was super hyped for it, loves oblivion and didnt like it, after I explained more about the game and helpe dhim with a few things, he loves it now. Im guessing alot of the people who dont like it wont understand how it plays, im guessing some people will think its just a shooter and not play like an RPG.
    Yeah, if they come in expecting S.T.A.L.K.E.R. then I can see them being disappointed. I loved Clear Sky, thought it was a fantastic FPS experience, but the awesome hybrid gameplay of F3 just sucks me in.

    I can also see how people can easily get overwhelmed in the beginning. I think folks who haven't been long-time PC or western RPG players can easily find all the things you can do just too much. When you're used to very linear games you are just lost as to what you need to do. Sometimes you do want the "amusement park" experience, like I described with Fable II or other more linear games, but I think there's just so much more in open-world games like F3 - it's really a more intelligent and elevated experience where your choices really do matter and you're not just following the garden path. I do say that in a bit of a negative light because that's the way I feel, but people are free to play and enjoy games any way they desire.

  6. #186
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,405
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    I'm amazed at how awful third person is. Oblivion wasn't nearly this shitty.
    Third person animations sync pretty well. If you're over-encumbered and walking at a snail's pace.

  7. #187
    An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,178
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

    Anyone else hate the Hacking minigame as much as I do? I like interactive minigames that actually require the player to think, but it frustrates me that regardless of what my Science skill is, the game does not become "easier" unless the actual human player becomes more profecient. With lockpicking you have the option to Force the lock and hope for the best based on your lockpicking skill, but hacking has no such corollary that I can find.

    Honestly, if you're not good at puzzle games, hacking is almost out of the question. I feel bad for Fallout 3 players who are dyslexic; for them the hacking element of the game could be nearly impossible and off-limits not because it's that way for their characters, but because they themselves are unable to do the game task.

  8. #188
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    855
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    Anyone else hate the Hacking minigame as much as I do? I like interactive minigames that actually require the player to think, but it frustrates me that regardless of what my Science skill is, the game does not become "easier" unless the actual human player becomes more profecient. With lockpicking you have the option to Force the lock and hope for the best based on your lockpicking skill, but hacking has no such corollary that I can find.

    Honestly, if you're not good at puzzle games, hacking is almost out of the question. I feel bad for Fallout 3 players who are dyslexic; for them the hacking element of the game could be nearly impossible and off-limits not because it's that way for their characters, but because they themselves are unable to do the game task.
    I've always just exited before the lockout, then went back in with another 4 chances lol.

  9. #189
    An Efficient Consumption Bundle
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,178
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Elyise Thierremont
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Muradin

    Quote Originally Posted by Kisamoo View Post
    I've always just exited before the lockout, then went back in with another 4 chances lol.
    Being on PC I just quicksave before starting any hack so I can use all 4 of my chances and reload if it goes wrong. I haven't tried a Very Hard hack yet, but I'm scared to think about attempting to solve one of these problems with like 12 characters :\

  10. #190
    Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    55,790
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    A really really easy way to Hack is just go in, pick the first 3 words. If you don't get it, exit out, and repeat. It's randomized every time you go in, and if you leave before getting locked out, your attempts reset.

  11. #191
    Siralin
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Elesirdur View Post
    Being on PC I just quicksave before starting any hack so I can use all 4 of my chances and reload if it goes wrong. I haven't tried a Very Hard hack yet, but I'm scared to think about attempting to solve one of these problems with like 12 characters :\
    It's a pain in the ass. -_- Did an R&D Terminal at a place called "LOB Industries" near Fall Church recently and it had information about the special pistol I found in the CEO's office. Kinda neat.

  12. #192
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    379
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Feathermoon

    Do you lose Karma for slaving people?

  13. #193
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Well yeah of course lol.

  14. #194
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    379
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Feathermoon

    Well, is Paradise worth getting into?

  15. #195
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    There are some nuka cola quantumn you can get w/ or w/o killing everyone, if your a good character, its good xp and you get karma bonuses and if you have the lawbringer perk its good for finger collecting.

  16. #196
    Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,454
    BG Level
    7

    Sorry for necro bump. But the DLC's are all heading to PS3, starting with Operation: Anchorage in late June and the rest shortly after. As well as 2 new DLC coming to all platforms, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta.

    Sauce: Fallout 3 DLC coming to PS3 beginning late June, two new multiplat packs announced

  17. #197
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I love the fact that they are sending a continuous stream of DLC out. Almost makes up for all the shitty glitches the game has lol.

  18. #198
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,972
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    I love the fact that they are sending a continuous stream of DLC out. Almost makes up for all the shitty glitches the game has lol.
    do they cost money? I dont even know..

  19. #199
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Yeah that's about the only downside. Each DLC is a few hours long and adds new items/weapons/quests and as of so far have all been in different locations. On XBox Live it has been 800 points for each expansion which is roughly like ten bucks.

  20. #200
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Minor ending spoilers.

    Spoiler: show
    Whoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoawhoa!!! I just finished the game and the ending was...erm...MEH! I thought I was at the first quarter of the story, it feels so incomplete...

    ...not to mention the final boss that dies in 5 shots

    I loved oblivion because of its sidequests and expoloration factor and Fallout 3 also seems quite strong in those areas(missing dark humor& quests of Fallout 1&2 though). Guess I'll start hunting for more sidequests.

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fallout New Vegas
    By TacoTaru in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 661
    Last Post: 2017-08-25, 18:25
  2. Fallout 3
    By Elesirdur in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 2010-10-30, 05:29
  3. Official Fallout 3 Spoilers/Hints/Strategy Thread™
    By Elesirdur in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 599
    Last Post: 2009-08-04, 18:31
  4. Official FUCK YOU Bethesda thread (Fallout 3 crashes)
    By Charismatic in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2008-11-17, 20:16
  5. Fallout 3 or LBP?
    By Krandor in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2008-10-27, 12:07
  6. Interplay back in business and announces Fallout MMO!
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-09-25, 12:31