Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 251

Thread: Fallout 3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #201
    Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,454
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayareira View Post
    Minor ending spoilers.
    Spoiler: show
    Another thing that sucked was that after completing the game and the cut scene with the water purifier, it was game over, there was no after game exploring or anything. It did feel a little incomplete, so I am excited for these expansions, not only do they add more quests and tell more story, I hear they also raise the level cap to 30, and possibly higher in future expansions. (I hated that the level cap was 20, I hit it pretty early on in the story line from doing side quests and exploring a lot, so that sucked, and I wanted more of the perk things you get each level!)

  2. #202
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    There's a ton of sidequests out there. Add on top of that the DLC and you've still got plenty of things to do. If you really want to keep yourself going, pick the Explorer perk when you hit post 20 in level. That way you can see just how much there is left to see and explore.

  3. #203
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,192
    BG Level
    8

    DLC is being released on a disc, so those of you with a modded 360 will be able to pirate it

  4. #204
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    lol seriously? That's kind of odd. Are they going to translate the previous DLC onto the disc as well? Or is it only for the new DLC?

  5. #205
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,192
    BG Level
    8

    According to the thread I read on black-cats,

    If you don't have an internet connection (huh?) these packs can still be obtained through two new disc-based packages for Xbox 360 and PC. The first -- containing Anchorage and The Pitt -- will be available in June in Europe and May 26 in the US, with the second containing the rest of the DLC in August worldwide. A GOTY version of Fallout 3 will be available in October for PS3, 360 and PC, which will include all five add-on packs.'

  6. #206
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    731
    BG Level
    5

    can't wait for the PS3 DLC to come out, I started the game on the PS3 loved it so much when I heard the DLC wasn't coming out for the PS3 I got the game for PC but it unstable on the PC, the damn installer overwrites DirectX components with older beta version. It plays great until you have to update the game or update windows then it all goes to hell.

  7. #207
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Well kudos to Bethesda on that one.

  8. #208
    Campaign
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,192
    BG Level
    8

    With regard to the DLC, how seamlessly will it slot in? I'm level 20, ready to activate project purity (did it already and went back to a previous save) and I'm just clearing the whole map with explorer perk

  9. #209
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    I love the fact that they are sending a continuous stream of DLC out. Almost makes up for all the shitty glitches the game has lol.
    I have yet to experience a glitch in Fallout 3 on 360.. then again I don't DL each DLC as soon as they come out but wait a bit.. Mothership Zeta sounds interesting especially since teh Alien Blaster is a fucking awesome gun but thats almost out of ammo in my current Broken Steel playthrough

  10. #210
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,090
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

    Yeah, hopefully DLC will address glitches, etc. My game crashed at least 10-15 times now(ps3) where I had to reset the console. No wonder they say ps3 version is inferior :/

    Have a question, I've heard some people start exploring before they activate the final quest(or load a previous save)...well, I went as far as to the "building" in the final mission then used fast travel out to explore..would this cockblock some quests/missions etc?

    And are there any challenging sidequests at level 16+? I've managed to find a couple but they were all easy in terms of the monsters involved. Pretty much able to one shot them all.

  11. #211
    Ridill Ninja Lotter
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    6,546
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Lol Drg
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Lightning's Blade

    I'd assume the main plot can be stopped all the way until
    Spoiler: show
    you run into the Jefferson Memorial Rotunda and Dr. Li informs you that the core will blow unless you/Lyons sacrifice yourselves
    but a significant amount of DC is changed and thus some of the side quests would be as well.. that would probably raise the difficulty of the game somewhat as there would be more enclave crawling around DC lol

  12. #212
    D. Ring
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    4,945
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

    Meh, enclave are no challenge. Those supermutant overlords are!

  13. #213
    Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,454
    BG Level
    7

    decently repaired fat man makes short work killing those super mutant behemoths.

  14. #214
    Master of blackface Range Rover beer bottle throwing.
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,454
    BG Level
    7

    Bump.

    Fallout 3 GOTY edition, PS3 DLC dated

    Broken Steel next week on PSN, then followed by Operation Anchorage and The Pitt the week after, and Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta the week after that. GOTY edition Oct 13th for PC/PS3/360.

  15. #215
    Resident Moogle
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,219
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    You'd think they'd give us a break on DLC prices given the DLC combined is nearly the price of the GOTY edition itself, which is just out shortly after the last DLC pack...

    Being the cheap-ass I am, I'm just going to wait until the price withers down before I grab it. Not to mention they likely will break a thing or two on the PS3 DLC like they did for 360/PC.

  16. #216
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,103
    BG Level
    7

    Is Broken Steel the only one to continue the main quest from Fallout 3?

  17. #217
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    Yep. All the others are just side-quest style DLC packs.

  18. #218
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,103
    BG Level
    7

    Bleh Would like to try all of the DLCs, but starting new on four out of 5 will be annoying (and expensive).

  19. #219
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,125
    BG Level
    7

    They are quite short, you can pick up some nice loot/perks and even bring them back to the actual Fallout 3 world. If you didn't try to explore every nook and cranny of Fallout 3 like I did when I played, I think you'd really enjoy the DLC since it changes the pace a little bit with the scenery and characters.

    I tried Point Lookout/The Pitt and I actually really enjoyed them. They are pretty short so you can easily finish the main part of the DLC in one night of playtime (3-4 hours)

  20. #220
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,103
    BG Level
    7

    I guess it wouldn't hurt to try one, at least. Point Lookout and Operation: Anchorage look pretty interesting. Did they announce how much each DLC would be? I don't see it listed anywhere, but I could also be blind.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Fallout New Vegas
    By TacoTaru in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 661
    Last Post: 2017-08-25, 18:25
  2. Fallout 3
    By Elesirdur in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 2010-10-30, 05:29
  3. Official Fallout 3 Spoilers/Hints/Strategy Thread™
    By Elesirdur in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 599
    Last Post: 2009-08-04, 18:31
  4. Official FUCK YOU Bethesda thread (Fallout 3 crashes)
    By Charismatic in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 2008-11-17, 20:16
  5. Fallout 3 or LBP?
    By Krandor in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 2008-10-27, 12:07
  6. Interplay back in business and announces Fallout MMO!
    By Kyo in forum Gaming Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2008-09-25, 12:31