+ Reply to Thread

Should I just format my PC?

Hello, my account was hacked awhile back and my account is being rolled back as you read this. I have followed all the posts about how to keep your PC safe using firefox and the plug ins that come along with it. I have scanned my PC for Reg files that may have led to a virus and causing me to be hacked, but the scans turned out dry and everything seems clean. So I feel like my PC maybe infected with something still, but I can't seem to figure it out. Should I just format my PC to make sure all keylogger programs are deleted and reinstall firefox with all the appropriate plug-ins?

Warrior Tank
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Firefox doesn't come with the plugins you need as you seemed to suggest in your post. You actually have to download them separately.

NoScript: http://noscript.net/ (You NEED this.)

Also you need to set it up to forbid iframes.

Personally I'd recommend formatting your PC because really there is never any way to know you're completely ridden of it. Not to mention you'll destroy tons of spyware in the process. You might actually be surprised how fast your system runs after a formatting. You should wait to see what others say though I guess.

Yes, I know I dled all the plugins and followed which options to activate. I'm just wondering if theirs a chance i'm still infected from the last virus and would it be wise to just format my PC?

Nah don't bother doing the most fucking obvious thing to secure your shit.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

While you're formatting remove your mouse too so it's impossible to click the new thread button.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    While you're formatting remove your mouse too so it's impossible to click the new thread button.
    HAHAHAA

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag