Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 315
  1. #101
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    3,701
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    This. While I'm happy I have to waste less time doing shit I hate, this update makes the stuff I've already gotten seem less valuable.
    I can't see that applying in this case. This makes it easier to get Runic Key and Nyzul weapon, and that's about it. The only benefit up until now for those two was Mythic Weapon upgrade, and this hasn't made that substantially easier since the main limiting factor for that is 150k tokens (although it is slightly easier now for the reasons I outlined on p2). What it does make easier is getting the new WS without the upgraded weapon, which nobody has yet so you can't say it's been made less valuable.

  2. #102
    PUP Power!
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,040
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
    This. While I'm happy I have to waste less time doing shit I hate, this update makes the stuff I've already gotten seem less valuable.
    Incoming "Legit Dancing Dagger" bazaar comments

  3. #103
    MaachaQ
    Guest

    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco View Post
    thanks SE, could you add "unblock South Korea" to that list as well?
    I'm in South Korea and I'm fine ^^; It's got to be just your ISP. I have XPeed, IPTV, Phone, and internet bundle.

  4. #104
    Rivieras
    Guest

    Beautiful!

    This brought a tear to my eye...and about damn time too!

  5. #105
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,363
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    Quote Originally Posted by stinkypoo View Post
    I'll be the first to admit that the Nyzul system had a lot of flaws and that this update basically takes care of all of them (and then some), but....as someone who's part of a static who's been grinding for the past few months and that's now 8 tags away from obtaining Runic Keys for each of its six members, I just have to say: go fuck yourself for adding this now, SE =/
    You all still got a buttload of tokens for all that work though. You would have ended up spending roughly that amount of time farming tokens anyway, now it just won't seem as forced for people starting up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco View Post
    thanks SE, could you add "unblock South Korea" to that list as well?
    I know people in South Korea that have been connecting just fine.

  6. #106
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    963
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

    Meh, FFXI game genie ftw. Though im now laughing at all the retards who paid 4 mil for a weapon drop. Grats on that Apoc chaosblast.

  7. #107
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Where is all the QQing about 'legit' floor 100 discs? ;_;

    On a serious note, this is pretty good... we've had crap luck with weapons on Floor 100. To the tune of one useful drop, which of course would have gone to the person who warped out. So I'm gonna be happy that I can come once as any of my jobs and collect all my weapons in short order. Hopefully the new WS quests are challenging, but not overly time consuming... inventory is at a premium.

    The question for us becomes whether we should even mess with Floor 100 tonight like we were planning to, or just do some other floor so we can build up tokens for post-patch runs.

  8. #108
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    814
    BG Level
    5

    Quote Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
    On a serious note, this is pretty good... we've had crap luck with weapons on Floor 100. To the tune of one useful drop, which of course would have gone to the person who warped out. So I'm gonna be happy that I can come once as any of my jobs and collect all my weapons in short order. Hopefully the new WS quests are challenging, but not overly time consuming... inventory is at a premium.
    I've had a similar problem with my wife. She was our second disc holder for our original 100 runs (trading back and forth warping to keep up with tokens) and in the 50+ wins we had, the weapons she needed ONLY seemed to drop when she was gone. I for one welcome this change with open arms.

    And inventory should be zero concern considering the salvage armor NPC can store them. I currently have 10 weapons stored away. =P

  9. #109
    :3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    279
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

    Quote Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
    Where is all the QQing about 'legit' floor 100 discs? ;_;
    Here I am! <3

    Been doing nyzul for ... probably a year now. The static group I run with has lost all members except one (who also had a disc up to 100 but decided to reset it on his first 100 run). I lucked out on my weapon, and had to wait for my hat. Since then I've gone 5/5 and pretty much have been doing 100's just so that the other people could get their hats and weapons.

    And my comment on the patch is:

    Well played, Charlie Brown. Well played.

    Someone else mentioned it earlier, but I'll say it again. Actually getting tokens when doing floor 100 runs? Actually getting a shot at a random weapon again? Actually seeing hats drop and maybe getting a stray lot? And most importantly, actually getting to do something on floor 100 other than warping out?

    I can't wait. Not a bit.

    P.S. - 5/5 Goliard before nerf :3. There, I said it. And I don't even care if it's cheapo-depo now, It's still purple pimpin'.

  10. #110
    Relic Weapons
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    369
    BG Level
    4

    Great changes. Can't wait to get back into nyzul again. It's been more than a year.

    On another note, if it isn't before, Salvage has become the least rewarding endgame activity now.

    However, I'm sure that given the nyzul changes, I'll give it 6 months before everyone goes back to going 0/100 on salvage 35s.

  11. #111
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,342
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Reapz Sjc
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Hurray for epic updates, this means I can finally get Goliard/Denali head instead of missing out and losing tokens when warping. Will be less of a pain to get everyone else up to 100 for their runic discs aswell, and the increased exp for EP/DC thing will be nice even in nyzul lol. Yet still no date announced :/ I was expecting next Mon/Wed.

  12. #112
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

    Quote Originally Posted by Cow_k View Post
    And inventory should be zero concern considering the salvage armor NPC can store them. I currently have 10 weapons stored away. =P
    Oh yeah... Duh. I should have remembered that, but sadly I didn't since I've got zero wanted 100 weapons to my name.

  13. #113
    Faithe
    Guest

    Sooooooooo Awesome.

    Damn it, they better have this patch come out next monday.

  14. #114
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjiyan View Post
    On another note, if it isn't before, Salvage has become the least rewarding endgame activity now.
    Apparently you haven't gone 0/10 on Goliard Chapeau before...Regardless of the drop rates, I would stack Salvage pretty high on the list with Einherjar as being useful and rewarding activities. It's not like Kings drop what you want anyway, shoot i've seen like 3 Ridills out of wtfhowmany Fafs.

  15. #115
    Cerberus
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    395
    BG Level
    4
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Meh I don't have time to read through the whole post but I'm gonna go ahead and post this. I'll pay 10 to 1 odds that the 100th floor gets ninja fixed. If I recall correctly, if you don't warp out hats are 100% drop. I see this being changed after the update.

  16. #116
    Puppetmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    61
    BG Level
    2

    Edit: read other post wrong, it is too early ;x

  17. #117
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    681
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

    I've never really gotten into Nyzul much, mainly because of time constraints and lack of enthusiams from fellow linkshell members. This update won't really help my time constraints and current issues with Assault Tags been eating alive by linkshell members requesting help with assualts but it might make some linkshell members enthusiastic to the point a static might pop up with some decent effort put into it.

    I really am starting to like this update, there are so many things in place to restrict gameplay that it makes doing said events overly complex and tedious. These things range from a large pricetag (dynamis) preventing lowman attempts to design issues preventing multiple groups to enter the same time (dynamis/limbus) or lowman groups to enter without help (salvage).

    The last thing that is so annoying in FFXI is the way they force you redo content all the damn time by just not giving you the reward upon victory/completion. All right! You killed Archaic Chariot, too bad we won't give you anything so you have to come back again and do the same thing even though you have a line of 5-7 people on Hikazu Haidate, 2-5 on Freya's Ledelsens, and 0-1 on Enlil's Dastanas. Let's not even start with Sea torques/capes and other Salvage 35 NMs. If they could actually fix that so people can get on with their (in-game) lives and not do the same content a million times over...

  18. #118
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    556
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Winter Sky
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

    very irritated... my static has all its nyzul drops except for a new guy after over 6 months, several members have their weapons already and we're alternating that with assault runs for captain...

    but meh. i just hope they drop the other requirements as seriously as they nerfed nyzul drops... if it's gonna be easy, fine - hard, fine - but make up your minds, SE.

    "Due to the adjustments in the difficulty of obtaining the base Mythic Weapons from Nyzul Isle, we have increased the alexandrite requirement from 50,000 to 150,000. However, Alexandrite will now have the possibility of dropping from mandragoras in Yuhtunga Jungle, at the rate of 0.00001%."


    EDIT: didn't notice this on the first read:

    Re: New WS quests

    The requirements for completing these quests will vary depending on how far you have progressed in Nyzul Isle, so it will behoove adventurers to be thorough in their reconnaissance of that murky labyrinth.

    so the WS quests are going to be easier if you've cleared nyzul... odd. who sent the dev team the hash brownies?

  19. #119
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,226
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

    Quote Originally Posted by wintersquall View Post
    "Due to the adjustments in the difficulty of obtaining the base Mythic Weapons from Nyzul Isle, we have increased the alexandrite requirement from 50,000 to 150,000. However, Alexandrite will now have the possibility of dropping from mandragoras in Yuhtunga Jungle, at the rate of 0.00001%."
    Christ, there goes my low level exp camps. But seriously, I feel ya, I can see why people would be irritated.

  20. #120
    Lostbane
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,052
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    Quote Originally Posted by Mifaco View Post
    thanks SE, could you add "unblock South Korea" to that list as well?
    Yes please, I'd like one of our dyna BLMs back

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. New Version Update Scheduled for November! (09/24/2009)
    By Zarion in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2009-09-25, 10:27
  2. Version Update Details (4/8/09)
    By Not Kuno in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 258
    Last Post: 2009-04-08, 17:36
  3. December Version Update Preview (11/17/2008)
    By Dulek in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 176
    Last Post: 2008-11-20, 06:38
  4. September Version Update Preview (08/29/2008)
    By Septimus in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 2008-09-03, 05:16