FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Character Pages/Monster Pages

In the case where a character is both a NPC & a mob should there be separate pages for them or can they be mashed together?

Example with what I did for Shikaree X;
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/Shikaree_X

It looks messy to me, but I am not sure if i should make another page and call it Shikaree X (NPC).

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I was wondering about that, for Raubahn. In his case he isn't only a NPC and a mob. He's an NPC, and 2 separate mobs of different traits and strengths.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My personal feeling is that it should be the same page for characters and mobs, unless it is a huge spoiler.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Oh.. it looks too smushed up. That's why we have disambiguation pages! :D I took care of Ace of Cups the other day like that. It has an item page, NPC page, and NM page all together. What's every's take on that idea?

The way I have most of the organized is basically.. every version has their own specific non-confusing page (page with parenthetical denotation) which has Disambiguation links to the rest (also noted in parenthetical denotation), and the original non-descriptive page (no parenthesis in pagename) is just redirected to the most common one (it's so easy to change that link, than the others).

So as the example with the Ace of Cups that is up there. I had Ace of Cups redirected to Ace of Cups (Notorious Monster), and Ace of Cups (Notorious Monster), Ace of Cups (Item), Ace of Cups (NPC) pages as they are supposed to be. Those last 3 have disambiguation links to the other 2 versions.

There's plenty more that have been done (some may need fixing) if you want to check out Category:Disambiguation

Banned.

BG Level

CoP spoilers:

Spoiler: show
    A character like Tenzen shouldn't have his stats on the front page, it would be placed within a spoiler page

Off topic, but related: I was thinking we should take unique pets(Yag McYag's Elemental for example) and have them share their page with their master. Have their name redirect to their part of the page.

And since I'm already on offtopic. Anyway to change Quest Starter to "Client" in the quest template?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by BRP View Post
    Anyway to change Quest Starter to "Client" in the quest template?
    Quest starter and Client don't necessarily mean the same person. There's a number of quests where the client is not a targettable NPC in the game, and they're only found in cutscenes. Like Lion, Star Sibyl, the President, and King Destin, etc. But I guess it also depends on how we want to represent those pages, to display who you talk to, to initiate the quest, or who the quest is actually for. Personally I'm up for the first (Quest starter).

Banned.

BG Level

Then we already some quest starters that are incorrect. I'm going to guess we rip them out of the .dats right? Anyway, I find quest starter pointless because you find that out in the first part of walkthrough. Client is a unique piece of information right out of the game at least.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Hey that's a pretty good point. I guess that seems feasible then.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Aegwynn

Character Pages/Monster Pages

I vote they should stay. I find them to be interesting takes on OS deving and represent different orders things can be built in. This can help new comers to decide on which one they would like, or a hybrid of them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag