Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 301
  1. #241
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    BG Level
    6

    The other Roy Williams was a bit overrated, not the Cowboys' one though

  2. #242
    Straight Ca$h Homie
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    10,942
    BG Level
    9

    Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    And Crom didn't benefit from the Chargers Dline/Linebacker blitz last year? lol

    I want to see everyone's 3 most overrated players:
    I wasn't the one who singled out Cromartie, you were. Not to take anything away from Finn, but you can't really make that comparison until he single-handedly matches a few team's INT count on the season like Cromartie did.

    Most overrated:

    1. Ryant Grant/Edgerrin James
    2. Aaron Rodgers (Although he's still learning)
    3. Bill Beliceck

    Honorable Mention: shaun alexander

  3. #243
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    Honorable Mention: shaun alexander
    I think he's even out of the honorable mention category these days. He had a few good years but it's gotta be bad if he was completely cut from the roster

  4. #244
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,165
    BG Level
    10

    Quote Originally Posted by Deejay View Post
    I wasn't the one who singled out Cromartie, you were. Not to take anything away from Finn, but you can't really make that comparison until he single-handedly matches a few team's INT count on the season like Cromartie did.

    Most overrated:

    1. Ryant Grant/Edgerrin James
    2. Aaron Rodgers (Although he's still learning)
    3. Bill Beliceck

    Honorable Mention: shaun alexander
    How is Edge overrated? He was on pace to be the best back ever, period, before his knee injury, and ever since then he's been viewed as a smart back that's just not as fast and doesn't have the moves anymore... It's not like people are saying he's amazing now or anything.

  5. #245
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    yea i would have to agree that edge is not overrated

  6. #246
    Been Here Longer Than you
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,893
    BG Level
    10

    Edge isn't overrated because no one has rated him highly since he was at Indy. If I remember correctly, didn't he win the rushing title as a rookie?

    I'll throw another out; I always thought Tiki Barber was a piece of shit and more than happy not to have him on my team.

    Shaun Alexander I'll agree on.

    @Titans question

    1. Most (80%) of the fans in the stands, and radio callers, don't want Young as the starter. That doesn't only go for this year, but last year as well. You see a TON of Young jerseys with the name ducttaped all over town.
    2. We would rather have a different young QB (Cutler, Rodgers, Flacco, etc etc)
    3. We hope he becomes one of the best ever so we didn't waste a shitload of cash on him.
    4. Superbowl

  7. #247
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Agreed on how anyone could think Hasselbeck is overrated. How is he overrated? Have you seen his WR Corps this year..? The fact they've got one win is amazing enough. Hell, he would've died to have the WRs from Atlanta, Tennessee, or New England of old when ther leading receiver was uh.. shit. What's face. See? I can't even remember his name. He retired this year though. OH WAIT. Troy Brown I think. Deion Branch and Bobby Engram come back this week. I expect to see the Hassebeck of old. We also can't forget that he's got back problems this year I believe. Overrated my behind.

    Anyway, my most overrated so far

    1. Ryan Grant. I said it at the beginning of the year during fantasy drafts that I don't trust him. I think his last half of the year was a huge fluke, and I didn't think he'd bust out huge again. He hasn't. He's been awful, not to mention a tad hurt.

    2. Gonna agree on DJ Hall. I think he's regeressed. I mean.. back early on in Atlanta, he used to be okay, but now.. well, he's not really helping any defenses.

    Eh. I really don't have a Top 3. I just have a few players I don't like too much.

  8. #248
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    New Power Rankings from ESPN.

    1.Giants
    2.Titans
    3.Cowboys
    4.Bills
    5.Steelers
    6.Redskins
    7.Panthers
    8.Chargers
    9.Eagles
    10.Bucs

  9. #249
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    BG Level
    6

    I don't know how the Cowboys are still rated higher than the Redskins, and the Steelers still in the top 5 with their entire RB crew hurt and starting a special teamer.

    And honestly I had the Bucs higher in the top 10 and the Titans at #1 despite their backup QB-ness. Also had the Broncos up there in the top 10 instead of the Eagles; they haven't shown that they can actually play in the division yet, and that's a huge thing come playoff time.

    edit: had a brain fart thinking the Bears were in the same division for some reason, but they're 2-0 at home and 0-2 on the road still

  10. #250
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Overrated:

    Carson Palmer
    Chad Ocho Cinco
    Brian Urlacher
    Norv Turner (this counts right?)


    Underrated
    Jeff Saturday
    Drew Brees
    Tom Nalen (Can I say that since he's technically not retired?)
    Jeff Fisher

  11. #251
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Oh, more power rankings!

    1. NY Giants
    2. Buffalo Bills
    3. San Diego Chargers
    3. Dallas Cowboys
    5. Pittsburgh Steelers
    6. Tennessee Titans (one road game against a weak opponent...win a road game before I crown you)
    7. Indianapolis Colts
    7. Philadelphia Eagles
    9. Denver Broncos
    10. Carolina Panthers

  12. #252
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    BG Level
    6

    In terms of Johnson, he was actually rated fairly low in the fantasy pool this year, but I think people still expected whatever comes out of his mouth to translate onto the field. He hasn't really had much face time at all this year, except for that name change thing.

    I think Fischer has been considered underrated because he's been basically rebuilding for a while now, and he's finally got a fairly healthy team this year (excepting people that may or may not have been hurting the team). He still doesn't have a standout receiver though, which is why I'm somewhat skeptical about a Super Bowl bid

    edit: how do you not have the Redskins in the top 10? I'd honestly move the Colts down a bit just because they haven't shown they can stop the run

  13. #253
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    jeff fisher is HUGELY underrated, no one in the league does more with less. the guy is miles ahead of 90% of head coaches and imo the best in the league.

    edit: tyche your power rankings are silly. no redskins. bills, chargers, steelers too high. titans too low.

  14. #254
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Because I think if the colts played the redskins it wouldn't be much of a matchup? 1st game they got blown out with No jeff saturday and a manning who had like 2 practice sessions against a very healthy Chicago D. Then they blew the JAX game, but despite not having the ball but for about 35 seconds in the 2nd half, they still should have won. The colts are very good, let's not get too uptight over starting 1-2.

  15. #255
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    BG Level
    6

    4 people have rushed for over 100 yards against them in 3 games, and they barely even got that 1 win. They just don't have me convinced that they're a great team yet

  16. #256
    The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    32,666
    BG Level
    10

    skins are still a top 10 team, theyve got quality wins and their one loss was to the consensus #1 team, and as shitty as they looked in that game it wasnt even a blow out. meanwhile the panthers and broncos each lost to 1 win teams that dont have anything resembling a qb.

  17. #257
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    Quote Originally Posted by recuperi View Post
    I don't know how the Cowboys are still rated higher than the Redskins, and the Steelers still in the top 5 with their entire RB crew hurt and starting a special teamer.

    And honestly I had the Bucs higher in the top 10 and the Titans at #1 despite their backup QB-ness. Also had the Broncos up there in the top 10 instead of the Eagles; they haven't shown that they can actually play in the division yet, and that's a huge thing come playoff time.

    edit: had a brain fart thinking the Bears were in the same division for some reason, but they're 2-0 at home and 0-2 on the road still
    Simply because power rankings arent based on head to head play as much as it is talent and stats. Im sorry the titans still have much to prove, they have a good defense, but they also have a really soft schedule, and their next 2 games are against pretty weak opponets.

  18. #258
    The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    29,767
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

    Well, the jags ran the ball about 50 times, and Peterson is usually good for close to 100. They have problems on defense, no doubt, especially with sanders out. I still think you're delusional if you think the Redskins are better. I'd also take them over Tennessee in that division.

  19. #259
    Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    30,320
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    Quote Originally Posted by recuperi View Post
    4 people have rushed for over 100 yards against them in 3 games, and they barely even got that 1 win. They just don't have me convinced that they're a great team yet
    True. Back a year before last when they couldn't stop the run all year (until the playoffs), they could still put up a ton of points. Now, they can't even do that. They've had trouble scoring in the first few weeks. Do I think they are overrated? Nah. I think this bye week will tell us how the Colts fair for the rest of the season. They've been incredibly unlucky in terms of injuries early on in the season. I think missing Jeff Saturday hurt them a ton, then Ugoh went out. I do think they'll start clicking, but right now, I actually do think the Skins are a better team.

    Hell, even though the Bills are undefeated, I don't think they belong in the top 5. Two weeks in a row, they've had to come back in the second half against extremely lousy teams. That's not a very strong team in my opinion. They did beat the Jags early on, but let's face it; the Jags have no offensive line, lol

    Also, Tyche... how the fuck do you have the Broncos in the Top 10 right now? Their defense is completely nonexistent. They beat a Saints team two weeks ago that's missing their #1 playmaker in Colston. (I think he's more of a playmaker than Reggie Bush obviously.) Then they got utterly destroyed @KC. Yes, I know Shanahan's record @KC is like 3-11 now, but still. Until they prove they can stop SOMETHING, I wouldn't put them that high.

  20. #260
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,313
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    Simply because power rankings arent based on head to head play as much as it is talent and stats. Im sorry the titans still have much to prove, they have a good defense, but they also have a really soft schedule, and their next 2 games are against pretty weak opponets.
    TBH I just had the Titans at 1 and NY at 2 because I don't personally like NYG. They're comparable in terms of rosters, but Eli's on an upswing and Collins falling, and the Giants have a pretty big fallback receiver (Burress).

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NFL Week 8 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 161
    Last Post: 2007-10-30, 00:51
  2. NFL Week 7 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 2007-10-25, 14:21
  3. NFL Week 6 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 2007-10-16, 16:55
  4. NFL Week 5 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 253
    Last Post: 2007-10-11, 13:23
  5. NFL Week 4 Picks
    By melbufrauma in forum Sports
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 2007-10-02, 15:04
  6. NFL Week 3 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: 2007-09-26, 03:14
  7. NFL Week 2 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 2007-09-19, 16:42
  8. NFL Week 1 Picks
    By Daahan in forum Sports
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 2007-09-13, 13:42