Page 105 of 123 FirstFirst ... 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast
Results 2081 to 2100 of 2445

Thread: NHL Season 08-09     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #2081
    WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,065
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    hahahaha

    "Oh shit"

  2. #2082
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6,058
    BG Level
    8
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

    lol @ thanking the crossbar.

  3. #2083
    Fake Numbers
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    82
    BG Level
    2
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

    In my opinion, it was the Staal line that was the key to the series. The way they kept the puck in Detroit's zone with a great forecheck was just too much for the Wings. Glad to see the City of Champions dominating again!

  4. #2084
    Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    11,006
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    I just don't know what to say, for the past 36ish hours I've just been filled with this glowing happiness. I love the steelers (although I avoid the NBA/NFL threads like the plague) but the Penguins have been my lifelong team. I am amazed by the performances in games 6 and 7 by the whole team, and for sure a Talbot jersey is in my near future... the startling thing too is Crosby is the youngest captain to win, and Malkin - if not the youngest, one of the youngest - to win the Conn Smythe all makes me even more eagerly look towards the future and wonder how many fingers we'll ring up.

    I can't say much still, I'm just in disbelief still at the whole game 7.

  5. #2085

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,248
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Nicholai Tankyou
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

    I agree about the Staal line, they played very well, and I would have been pretty happy with just about anyone who got the mvp I think Staal deserved it just as much as Malkin. But i do love me some Malkin.

  6. #2086
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Sepukku View Post
    I can't say much still, I'm just in disbelief still at the whole game 7.
    Yeah me too, but not that game 7...

  7. #2087
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,362
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Yeah me too, but not that game 7...
    Lol.

    Capitals are gonna be scary next year I think. I'd assume you'd have Varlamov backing you instead of Threeormore, and I have a feeling Ovechkin is just going to dominate next year after losing as badly as they did in game 7.

  8. #2088
    THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    23,089
    BG Level
    10
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Quote Originally Posted by Ivaden View Post
    Lol.

    Capitals are gonna be scary next year I think. I'd assume you'd have Varlamov backing you instead of Threeormore, and I have a feeling Ovechkin is just going to dominate next year after losing as badly as they did in game 7.
    Pssh I can get into that junk later, enjoy your Cup man!

  9. #2089
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,466
    BG Level
    6

    In the NHL you're always only going to be as good as your goalie and your defense.

    Varlamov looked great in the first round because the Rangers are an awful offense team. We all know that. Shit I know that, and they're my team! Outside of Green (who is an offensive defenseman, and does next to nothing in his own zone) who is there really on Washington's blueline to make ANYONE worry?

  10. #2090
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Fuck. Now what do we do for the next three months.

  11. #2091
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,954
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Fuck. Now what do we do for the next three months.
    I will, as a Sabres fan, of course get excited about the offseason moves my team will not make.

  12. #2092
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Ha, I will get excited about the second tier free agent the Penguins bring in to attempt to play on the Crosby line! Though Guerin has already said he wants to return next season. We've got some serious UFA's this offseason. This is what we're looking at working with this offseason, all of these cats are UFA's.

    Bill Guerin(Probably will keep him if he signs cheap)
    Miroslav Satan(KHL anyone? Maybe get a group rate if he rides the same plane with Fedorov and Kozlov.)
    Petr Sykora(I don't see him staying after he was benched almost the entire playoff run.)
    Philippe Boucher(They will let him walk with Goligoski primed for an entire season.)
    Ruslan Fedotenko(I don't see him staying with how limited his regular season production was.)
    Hal Gill(Penguins will re-sign him because they are too in love with his size and experience.)
    Mathieu Garon(Honestly, I don't know.)
    Janne Pesonen(Minor leaguer, NHL 3rd liner at best, easily replaceable.)
    Rob Scuderi(They will bust their asses to try and re-sign Scuds. Hopefully he doesn't break the bank and ask for a high amount.)
    Mike Zigomanis(Will re-sign. Never hurts to have a serious faceoff specialist.)
    Craig Adams(Meh, replaceable 4th liner.)
    Jeff Taffe(See above.)
    Bill Thomas(See above.)
    Chris Minard(See above.)
    Connor James(See above.)

  13. #2093
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    922
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    2 words



    fuck talbot


    that is all

  14. #2094
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank Daniel Carcillo for making this Stanley Cup run possible.

  15. #2095
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    922
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

    Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Once again I would like to take this opportunity to thank Daniel Carcillo for making this Stanley Cup run possible.
    hah

  16. #2096
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    So......how about those Pirates?

  17. #2097
    Old Merits
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,223
    BG Level
    6

    Yeah, lots of stuff that my Bluejackets need to do in the offseason this year, I think our main goal is to get Rick Nash re-signed. After that it's all about finding an offensive defenseman and a few forwards. Looks like we're letting Jason Williams and Michael Peca walk, which is fine. Re-signing Manny Malhotra, I was reading, is going to be difficult because he sorta has an inflated value due to him playing a lot on the top 2 lines due to injuries.

    Can't wait to see what Brassard can do when he's back and healthy next season, we've got a bright future ahead of us, that's for sure.

  18. #2098
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    3,362
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by BrillCS View Post
    Ha, I will get excited about the second tier free agent the Penguins bring in to attempt to play on the Crosby line! Though Guerin has already said he wants to return next season. We've got some serious UFA's this offseason. This is what we're looking at working with this offseason, all of these cats are UFA's.

    Bill Guerin(Probably will keep him if he signs cheap)
    Miroslav Satan(KHL anyone? Maybe get a group rate if he rides the same plane with Fedorov and Kozlov.)
    Petr Sykora(I don't see him staying after he was benched almost the entire playoff run.)
    Philippe Boucher(They will let him walk with Goligoski primed for an entire season.)
    Ruslan Fedotenko(I don't see him staying with how limited his regular season production was.)
    Hal Gill(Penguins will re-sign him because they are too in love with his size and experience.)
    Mathieu Garon(Honestly, I don't know.)
    Janne Pesonen(Minor leaguer, NHL 3rd liner at best, easily replaceable.)
    Rob Scuderi(They will bust their asses to try and re-sign Scuds. Hopefully he doesn't break the bank and ask for a high amount.)
    Mike Zigomanis(Will re-sign. Never hurts to have a serious faceoff specialist.)
    Craig Adams(Meh, replaceable 4th liner.)
    Jeff Taffe(See above.)
    Bill Thomas(See above.)
    Chris Minard(See above.)
    Connor James(See above.)
    Bolded need resigned in my opinion. I don't care about Fedotanko's regular season production. He's seen now that we can win the cup, I think he'll want to be back and actually be worth a damn. Satan has already gotten an offer from the KHL according to rumors, so I wouldn't be surprised if he goes there for ridiculous amounts of money. Unless Sykora is willing to take a considerable price reduction since he wants to stay with Malkin and they keep him around out of pity or because they like the guy, he's gone. Wouldn't mind seeing Craig Adams back, but he is replaceable. He was pretty good on the PK, but we have quite a few of defensive minded forwards good on the PK.

  19. #2099
    BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    23,755
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

    Lot of Dany Heatley talks popping up already, serious contenders apparently are the Rangers (please dear god we havent had a threat since Jagr left), the Blackhawks and Boston.

  20. #2100
    Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    19,830
    BG Level
    9
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    I don't see him going to Boston to be honest. The Rangers could chuck him onto a line with Antropov and Gomez/Drury and probably be ok. But let's be honest, almost every year the Rangers are willing to throw a huge chunk of change at any moderately good free agent. I just remember when they had Jagr for the first season or two when there was literally no chemistry at all. You can't buy chemistry. The Blackhawks don't really need him to be blunt. Unless they lose Havlat. Then I can see them making a serious push for him.

Page 105 of 123 FirstFirst ... 55 95 103 104 105 106 107 115 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 2011-2012 NHL Season Thread: FUCK COREY PERRY
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 19036
    Last Post: 2012-04-10, 08:38
  2. 2010-2011 NHL Season Thread
    By Callisto in forum Sports
    Replies: 12372
    Last Post: 2011-04-11, 22:16
  3. MLB '08 Season Discussion
    By Doombard in forum Sports
    Replies: 1420
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 16:58
  4. NBA Regular Season 2007-08
    By Rigor in forum Sports
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 2007-11-16, 08:49