Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: XBox 360 RPGs?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

  1. #21
    Chram
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,662
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Avelle Asteria
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Alleria

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyo View Post
    It does make it rough on young gamers who have to choose, but well the business is based on money making and thats just what it is. But either way just like last generation if you enjoy a large array of games the more likely it is you have to get both or all 3 consoles to enjoy it all.

    just like capcom is forcing my hand to get a wii for monster hunter 3 and no more heroes and maybe animal crossing ;/
    So far I've resisted the urge to buy a Wii. That controller will get on my nerves, I just know it.

  2. #22
    Kyo
    Kyo is offline
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    14,853
    BG Level
    9
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

    I hate the controller as well.

  3. #23
    Pandemonium
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,875
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

    Another vote for "Tales of Vesperia."

    Don't mind any reviews which say it has a "stereotypical story" and point at its obvious princess character. There are a lot of other ways it breaks the usual mold, by not having:

    A) A young hero with amnesia.
    B) Non-stop, mandatory quests to collect obscure artifacts.
    C) A sappy love story.
    D) Insane grinding requirements.

    Also, it is kind of slow combat-wise at the beginning, but as you progress, you'll be able to use longer combos, faster moves, and so on, so forth.

    It is really quite great and you should definitely get it.

  4. #24
    Bagel
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,299
    BG Level
    6
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Lost odyssey
    Tales of vesperia
    Eternal Sonata
    Infinite Undiscovery

    Fable 2 coming out, should be great
    Fallout 3 also coming out, will be amazing.

    All of these are listed in order, but do yourself a favor and GO PLAY LOST ODYSSEY!

  5. #25
    Melee Summoner
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    33
    BG Level
    1

    Quote Originally Posted by ertyu View Post
    Lost odyssey
    Tales of vesperia
    Eternal Sonata
    Infinite Undiscovery

    Fable 2 coming out, should be great
    Fallout 3 also coming out, will be amazing.

    All of these are listed in order, but do yourself a favor and GO PLAY LOST ODYSSEY!
    - I'm watching the trailer for Lost Odyssey. Graphics look amazing but is the turn based system similar to Final Fantasy's gameplay? And I'm getting Getting Fable 2 for sure. Also, I was checking out Star Ocean 4 on YouTube. It looks pretty good I must say.

  6. #26
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    7,994
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

    Quote Originally Posted by |BBT|Knowledge View Post
    - I'm watching the trailer for Lost Odyssey. Graphics look amazing but is the turn based system similar to Final Fantasy's gameplay? And I'm getting Getting Fable 2 for sure. Also, I was checking out Star Ocean 4 on YouTube. It looks pretty good I must say.
    Yes, it's all turn based. They try to spice it up a bit by having you hold a button to match up some rings for more damage, but a couple of hours in you'll be perfecting most of them without even paying attention. If you want more action oriented RPG's check out Tales of Vesperia or Infinite Undiscovery. Eternal Sonata uses a sort of in-between, it's turn based but you move around during the battle and attack manually-ish.

  7. #27
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,304
    BG Level
    6

    I loved Lost Odyssey - it's one of the few RPGs I have lying around that I actually have the urge to play again after seeing how the story ended, plus one of the funniest characters in a long time (love Jansen) and a beautiful soundtrack.

    But then I LIKE turn based RPGs and turn-based strategy games anyway.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2